The Movie Thread

djzoso

I watch old film 1920-1950s with some 60s. Prefer B&Ws and silents. Too many to post really.

Same here. :)

Last night I watched 'Full Metal Jacket' and 'Paper Moon'

I'd forgotten a lot about FMJ. Sgt. Hartman didn't fuck around. :o

The black and white photography in Paper Moon is astounding. :)

Tonight I'm going to watch 'The Grey Fox' with Richard Farnsworth. :)

This is the last really great film I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObEVbKTDtGA

Excellent stuff!

Yeah, that's a pretty grim one to watch. Kinda similar to The Boston Strangler.

There could be a new version of 'In Cold Blood' by the murder of the 4 cops near Tacoma yesterday.

If Clemmons is the perp with his rotten record, then we can only hope he is hung by the neck til dead.

The remake of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" is probably the worst film I've ever seen.

I caught hysteria upon its abrupt ending..and wanted to strangle the movie studio for ruining the greatest sci fi movie of all time.

And I couldn't blame Keanu's brilliant acting for this one.

There could be a new version of 'In Cold Blood' by the murder of the 4 cops near Tacoma yesterday.

If Clemmons is the perp with his rotten record, then we can only hope he is hung by the neck til dead.

Yeah, I saw that on the news today, terrible...

From what I've been reading he shouldn't have even been on the streets in the first place.

Back on topic...

My favourite British gangster film. Beats the piss out of Guy Ritchie's efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ocM9g_y18

^^^I've seen the trailers and it does look to be a good movie. I really like Robert Downey Jr as an actor and he seems to be doing so much better now that he has got his life in order. The hubby and I used to like to watch the British actor that died a few years ago (can't remember his name) as Sherlock Holmes. We will be going to see it when it comes out. Probably not Christmas day but soon thereafter.

^^^I've seen the trailers and it does look to be a good movie. I really like Robert Downey Jr as an actor and he seems to be doing so much better now that he has got his life in order. The hubby and I used to like to watch the British actor that died a few years ago (can't remember his name) as Sherlock Holmes. We will be going to see it when it comes out. Probably not Christmas day but soon thereafter.

always good to see Robert Downey Jr. good and healthy, i saw his chaplin bio pic he did he was amazing

Archived