Robert donates Handwritten Lyrics for Americana Music Assoc. Auction

ninelives

Cool stuff!!

I love the song he picked!! Great lyrics, some of the best from Walking into Clarksdale!! And great melody and guitar playing too!!!The version with Alison is wondefull too!!!

Please read the letter that I wrote.........................stereo.gif

Usually, "handwritten lyrics" are the original lyrics that are written before a song is recorded. This lyric sheet was printed 12 years after the fact. I think it would be more accurate to describe it as "an extended autograph".

Agreed - disappointed to see it isn't handwritten lyrics from when the song was originally conceived (1997), which may have revealed additional, alternate or notional lyrics. Still, it is a very cool item for a worthy cause.

Agreed - disappointed to see it isn't handwritten lyrics from when the song was originally conceived (1997), which may have revealed additional, alternate or notional lyrics. Still, it is a very cool item for a worthy cause.

IMO it makes more sense to have this version to raise money for the AMA auction :) I think it's cool to see the side notes.

I appreciate Robert's efforts to help the Americana musicians, most of whom are not millionaires and receive little recognition beyond their core group of fans. I strongly recommend attending the Americana conference if you like any of the artists in this genre. The cost is reasonable, a ticket to the award show is included in the package, and the artists are accessible to (and mingle with) the fans, from the hotel bar, to the break-out sessions, to the clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived