Robert Plant's Acceptance Speech

glicine

I haven't seen this posted, so here they are, even if it was a while ago.

Robert Plant rounded off the Q Awards 2009 with Russian Standard Vodka by receiving the Q Outstanding Contribution To Music. His acceptance speech was eloquent and gracious describing his musical roots and many collaborations and paying tribute to many and causing Lily Allen to remark that it was one of the most beautiful speeches she had ever heard. Now you can watch it below. Introducing the award, broadcaster Bob Harris paid tribute to his friend of forty years. He described him as "a wonderfully exciting person to be around, an artist who has never lost his wanderlust", and recounted Plant's numerous achievements, including the recent Led Zeppelin reunion and the 5 Grammy awarded album Raising Sand. Perhaps illustrating his musical journey best of all Plant in return thanked a long list of people from throughout from all eras of his career and across different musical genres, whom he said he shared the award with, including the members of Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Tinariwen, Alison Krauss and legendary record executive and Atlantic Records' co-founder Ahmet Ertegun.

And follow this link to watch the videos

Great clip! Thank you for posting this and listening to Robert speak makes me wish he'd either teach a music history class or write a book because there is so much history in his mind and his way of putting everything makes me want to learn and listen.

I'm happy he's here to make sure no one forgets...the list of all the greats

~"I am a traveler of both time and space"~

Archived