Very Talented, But under recognized

John Bonham Fan

I don't think anyone really overlooks him anymore, maybe while the band was big. But remember when he did the Grammy's with the Foo Fighters the guy announcing it referred to him using Zeppelin. What made Zeppelin so amazing is that all 4 members are among the best ever at their fields in music.

True, however when you see their videos live it is noticeable how JPJ was in the background really but I dont think anyone can deny he was a musical genius.

There were those songs that really he made awesome. Thank You wouldn't be the same if it wasnt for that organ in the end and beginning. Same goes for No Quarter, the organ he did really sets the mood and tone for that song more effectively than Zoso, Plant, or Bonham could have done.

I have often notice the john paul jones is very overshadowed by the other memebers of the band. No one really gives him credit for all he did for the band.

Since when? blink.gif

That's purely perception on the part of people (particularly media), who concentrate on front men as if they are the be all and end all. ohmy.gif

He's been playing for 50+ years and Zeppelin would not have been remotely the same without him, or any of them for that matter.

I know it was Jimmy's "vision" to put a band together and play his music but even he wouldn't have known how great it would become and that is mostly because of JPJ's ability as a multi instrumentalist and arranger.

Nostradamus wouldn't have seen that coming! slapface.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think JPJ ever wanted to be famous or big. I think all he ever wanted was to express himself musically. He was fine being in the background but at the same time making it all happen.

I listened to an interview and JPJ was fine being in the background. When they were in some cities he could go out and see the sights without all the excitement that Plant or Jimmy would cause. But I don't think that his talent and contributions to the band were ever under recognized by the fans.

Well, she's not really new, although she is certainly amazing. All kudos to Jeff Beck for giving her a regular gig in his band. smile.gif

True. Lets say "somewhat" new since she is only 23 years old and started playing bass at 17. She has accomplished more in 6 years than most players ever will in a lifetime.

She's here....... http://www.talwilkenfeld.com/

I will always love what he did for the band. He may have been in the "background" during a lot of the concerts, but any real fan knows how much he put into what made Zeppelin amazing. His keyboards, bass, and overall musical feel or groove to any song always made it that much better. Jonesy will never be under recognized by me. As for others, let them "underrate" him. It will never take away from the truth regarding his talent and influence. We all (hopefully) love JPJ! :)

Archived