Chicks rock Led Zeppelin!

sailor86

On 7/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, kipper said:

And yet still 100% better than Live Aid in '85 LOL!

Lighten up Francis!

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg

Not even close to Live Aid ...Women should definitely not be playing Zep, in fact they should stick to R&B and Country..

4 hours ago, Paganini said:

Not even close to Live Aid ...Women should definitely not be playing Zep, in fact they should stick to R&B and Country..

Oh my. 

I saw Heart 2 weeks ago and they absolutely nailed Stairway in their encore.  Too bad you miss out in gems like that.  

Edited by The Danelectro

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Heart's rendition of "Stairway" at the Lincoln Center Honors several years ago STILL brings a tear to my eye when I watch it.  Just beautiful!

Yes!! Same here. I watched it again the other night and same reaction. 

One of the beautiful things about that performance was the reaction we saw.  If you can make Robert tear up and Jimmy nod with approval and say “wow” a few times, you know you’ve got to be damn good!

Heart delivered it just the same a few weeks ago. Not too bad for ladies in their 60’s- it was beautiful even without the choir and orchestra.  I’m so glad they did it that night - I teared up then as well!

Edited by The Danelectro

5 minutes ago, The Danelectro said:

Yes!! Same here. I watched it again the other night and same reaction. 

One of the beautiful things about that performance was the reaction we saw.  If you can make Robert tear up and Jimmy nod with approval and say “wow” a few times, you know you’ve got to be damn good!

Heart delivered it just the same a few weeks ago. Not too bad for ladies in their 60’s- it was beautiful even without the choir and orchestra.  I’m so glad they did it that night - I teared up then as well!

Thank you!  I cannot begin to imagine the pressure Nancy Wilson had to feel doing that acoustic intro!  Although not technical, you HAVE to get that right as people recognize those notes immediately!  And then when Jason is shown sitting behind the drums in that bowler....excuse me, just got a little dust in my eye......

1 minute ago, Stryder1978 said:

Thank you!  I cannot begin to imagine the pressure Nancy Wilson had to feel doing that acoustic intro!  Although not technical, you HAVE to get that right as people recognize those notes immediately!  And then when Jason is shown sitting behind the drums in that bowler....excuse me, just got a little dust in my eye......

Omg. EXACTLY. Imagine playing Stairway- then imagine playing Stairway TO LED ZEPPELIN!! 

Jason sitting at the drums with his bowler on and looking emotional really made me think someone cut up onions in the room!  I also loved how the choir wore bowlers as well. 

I noticed Jimmy counting during it sometimes- I think his mind is probably so analytical that he may not even know he does it - he does it in the Earls Court version of In My Time of Dying. 

If you get a chance, YouTube Ann and Nancy’s reaction to performing that Stairway. So much respect for them! 

On 8/7/2019 at 1:34 AM, Paganini said:

Hate to break it to you sourpuss, but those ladies do a better cover than 95% of the Zep cover bands out there.  They are into the MUSIC and are smart enough to leave the Zep costumes and other tripe out of it.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Hate to break it to you sourpuss, but those ladies do a better cover than 95% of the Zep cover bands out there.  They are into the MUSIC and are smart enough to leave the Zep costumes and other tripe out of it.

Well that’s just your opinion -if you like silicon enhanced Barbie dolls attempting to play Zeppelin then good for you ..to my eyes and ears it’s bordering on sacrilege.

Edited by Paganini

On 8/9/2019 at 2:21 AM, Paganini said:

Well that’s just your opinion -if you like silicon enhanced Barbie dolls attempting to play Zeppelin then good for you ..to my eyes and ears it’s bordering on sacrilege.

HMMMM...a blind and deaf misogynist...interesting.