Pictures from my show last night!

BonzoLikeDrumer

A good time with some folk's down in Chapel Hill at the local Caribou Coffee on West Franklin St last night.... Had some trouble in the first few song's, warmed up after that and made some people smile with many song's they enjoyed!

I put this first one in only to show off my new Martin "Custom D" guitar!!! :D

Martinatgig.jpg

Martinatgig2.jpg

NewMartinatgig4.jpg

newMartinatgig5.jpg

Got a late start (well after 7PM), it was for the better in the end as most of the people didn't show until closer to 9PM or so. Ended up repeating a lot, also good, as the first part of the first set was not good! I got to get more solid practices in!!

Next week is down the road from there in Carrboro at Johnny's Coffee, Tea and Bakery!

Thanks for looking. B)

A good time with some folk's down in Chapel Hill at the local Caribou Coffee on West Franklin St last night.... Had some trouble in the first few song's, warmed up after that and made some people smile with many song's they enjoyed!

I put this first one in only to show off my new Martin "Custom D" guitar!!! biggrin.gif

Martinatgig.jpg

Martinatgig2.jpg

NewMartinatgig4.jpg

newMartinatgig5.jpg

Got a late start (well after 7PM), it was for the better in the end as most of the people didn't show until closer to 9PM or so. Ended up repeating a lot, also good, as the first part of the first set was not good! I got to get more solid practices in!!

Next week is down the road from there in Carrboro at Johnny's Coffee, Tea and Bakery!

Thanks for looking. cool.gif

Hey, your looking like one hard working dude laugh.gif Just jokin' !

Thanks all, I do enjoy it a lot, just hauling all the gear around is a pain in the neck, that part make's it much more like work!!

Next week is at a place (Johnny's) very close to a residential neighborhood so I cant use much on the line of sound system, probably just me and the guitar. My back is going to be happy about that!!

Next week is at a place (Johnny's) very close to a residential neighborhood so I cant use much on the line of sound system, probably just me and the guitar. My back is going to be happy about that!!

....keep us posted, love the pictures you posted....great to see you enjoying your passion...

Thanks all, I do enjoy it a lot, just hauling all the gear around is a pain in the neck, that part make's it much more like work!!

You need to find some friend to volunteer to be your roadie! :D

OK... You've just volunteered!!! Ha Ha Ha

Boy, I make a suggestion and next thing I know I'm hauling around musical equipment. :bait:

There's about 3000 things between you and I that would make this arrangement a little difficult.....Ooooh no....hold on.....gotta call the doctor...I think I just threw my back out. Damn!...so sorry my friend. Hope you can find another roadie to volunteer. :rolleyes:

You need to find some friend to volunteer to be your roadie! :D

There's a professional drummer here in town and one time I helped him load all his gear into his van and it felt at times like I was loading suitcases full of concrete. :lol:

I hope they pay roadies good money.

There's a professional drummer here in town and one time I helped him load all his gear into his van and it felt at times like I was loading suitcases full of concrete. :lol:

I hope they pay roadies good money.

Back in the 1980's when I was playing in a rock band (as drummer) I usually got stuck moving our 18" sub woofer cabinet's! Our bass player would help me but I assembled the system and did most of the setting it up to. I really can't talk about my main guitar player at the time as he was a little guy of about 5 foot nothing and didn't weigh 110 soaking wet!

Some time's there where some people at the gig that would lend a hand, if they weren't to wasted I'd always say, yeah, sure thanks!! We did mostly out-door's gig's at privet parties, and knew most of the attendee's so some time's I'd go up to some big guy and say, hey friend, how about a hand? I don't remember any time when some one said sorry I can't.

It's worth it in the end as I get a chance to make people dance or just enjoy them self for a while, like Don McLean said in American Pie. It's not nearly as bad now with a solo act, no heavy amp rack's or refrigerator sized sub boxes in an acoustic act!

Back in the 1980's when I was playing in a rock band (as drummer) I usually got stuck moving our 18" sub woofer cabinet's! Our bass player would help me but I assembled the system and did most of the setting it up to. I really can't talk about my main guitar player at the time as he was a little guy of about 5 foot nothing and didn't weigh 110 soaking wet!

Some time's there where some people at the gig that would lend a hand, if they weren't to wasted I'd always say, yeah, sure thanks!! We did mostly out-door's gig's at privet parties, and knew most of the attendee's so some time's I'd go up to some big guy and say, hey friend, how about a hand? I don't remember any time when some one said sorry I can't.

It's worth it in the end as I get a chance to make people dance or just enjoy them self for a while, like Don McLean said in American Pie. It's not nearly as bad now with a solo act, no heavy amp rack's or refrigerator sized sub boxes in an acoustic act!

Funny, I was just thinking about American Pie the other day. It came out when I was living in Vegas (1971) :)

One thing about playing a nylon string guitar is the case weighs more than the guitar. :D

Two still's from this past Friday at Johnny's Coffee, Tea & Bakery in Carrboro, this is a really nice spot! Laid back, family atmosphere to the max! There was a lot more people to the right of this angle! Maybe 75 attendees over the whole coarse of the night, they where a low key crowd, it was fun and I'll most likely go back this year at least once more.

I was playing "Space Oddity" by David Bowie on this picture.

I really need to get a 2nd camera and some one to do a roving camera would be good too, I need some free helper's!! Some time's I just can't get a good view so here's some of the back of my shirt. :)

JonnysCoffee_0002.jpg

JonnysCoffee_0001.jpg

No sound samples?

B)

Yeah, I recorded this last show (4/30/10) but the brand new recorder I got has busted :mad: !!! I only put 5 or 10 hour's on it and it has started malfunctioning on Saturday. I'm sure it's just the recorder as I listened to it once and it was fine, so the SD card is still in good order. I'm working on getting through to Tascam/TEAC the first of the week, some of it came out good enough to post on my MY Space and Reverbnation pages, I let you guy's know when that happens.

• 3 months later...

Archived