Rush

lzzoso

Pandora Premieres is currently streaming the complete audio from Rush's upcoming Clockwork Angels Tour CD. These are the full clips, not previews. You can listen to the album right now on Pandora here: http://www.pandora.com/#/station/play/1698782789502732843 . Pandora Premieres will be running the preview through next Monday, November 18th.

It's showing here in Phoenix too Monday the 18th and I'm hoping to make it. 3 songs from the DVD will be from the Phoenix performance that I was at: Middletown Dreams, The Pass and Manhattan Project. An excellent concert.

Thanks for the information. It is showing in Plano, Texas on Monday, November 18, 2013. I am going to go. As far as I know, the Clockwork Angels Tour concert film was filmed at the second to the last concert (I believe) here in Dallas. I attended that concert and it was brilliant and amazing. All Rush fans know that Rush never disappoints when they tour.

Edited by luvlz2

Here's the write-up I did for Amazon, thought I would paste it here:

Wow, so many reviews of this already, I almost feel a little out of place doing a write-up now that I have seen the entire DVD (I got mine a day early, thank my lucky stars).
Set One was awesome, as I expected. I admit, beforehand when I saw the setlist I was a little skeptical about some of the rarely played songs from "Power Windows" but all that went away when I actually saw them performed. Grand Designs and Territories rocked and the extra from Disc 2, Middletown Dreams was also very good.
Subdivisions is my favorite Rush song so it's always welcome in the live set & The Analog Kid really did move me. Still trying to decide which "The Big Money" I like better, this one or the one from Rush in Rio. And I love when Rush pulls something rare out, in this case "The Body Electric" which puts the studio version to shame.
Set Two is where the band experiments by having a string ensemble accompany them on the stage & I guess not everyone will be wowed by it, but it's hard to imagine some of the new material from "Clockwork Angels" without them, particularly a song like "The Garden."
If I had to quibble with the string section for anything, it might be that they get a little too loud during Alex's solo on Dreamline, but they are fantastic during Red Sector A, YYZ and Manhattan Project, so overall I would say the string section did nothing to take away from Geddy, Alex and Neil.
Of course it will be interesting to see what Rush does with the Clockwork Angels material on their next tour & here I am thinking way too far ahead when Rush just wrapped up Clockwork Angels & just blessed us fans with this terrific DVD.
I'll just wrap this by saying Rush definitely delivers the goods with this concert. Not quite as great as "Snakes and Arrows" but definitely a step up from "Time Machine Tour."
5 stars
Edited by paul carruthers

Cool thanks for sharing your review.

Here's the write-up I did for Amazon, thought I would paste it here:

Wow, so many reviews of this already, I almost feel a little out of place doing a write-up now that I have seen the entire DVD (I got mine a day early, thank my lucky stars).
Set One was awesome, as I expected. I admit, beforehand when I saw the setlist I was a little skeptical about some of the rarely played songs from "Power Windows" but all that went away when I actually saw them performed. Grand Designs and Territories rocked and the extra from Disc 2, Middletown Dreams was also very good.
Subdivisions is my favorite Rush song so it's always welcome in the live set & The Analog Kid really did move me. Still trying to decide which "The Big Money" I like better, this one or the one from Rush in Rio. And I love when Rush pulls something rare out, in this case "The Body Electric" which puts the studio version to shame.
Set Two is where the band experiments by having a string ensemble accompany them on the stage & I guess not everyone will be wowed by it, but it's hard to imagine some of the new material from "Clockwork Angels" without them, particularly a song like "The Garden."
If I had to quibble with the string section for anything, it might be that they get a little too loud during Alex's solo on Dreamline, but they are fantastic during Red Sector A, YYZ and Manhattan Project, so overall I would say the string section did nothing to take away from Geddy, Alex and Neil.
Of course it will be interesting to see what Rush does with the Clockwork Angels material on their next tour & here I am thinking way too far ahead when Rush just wrapped up Clockwork Angels & just blessed us fans with this terrific DVD.
I'll just wrap this by saying Rush definitely delivers the goods with this concert. Not quite as great as "Snakes and Arrows" but definitely a step up from "Time Machine Tour."
5 stars

I was thinking about this while listening yet again to Clockwork Angels Tour, what Rush songs do you prefer live to the studio versions? Here is my somewhat lengthy list:

La Villa Strangiato

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Natural Science

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

The Analog Kid

Digital Man

Distant Early Warning

Red Sector A

The Body Electric

The Big Money

Presto

Dreamline

Ghost of a Chance

Leave That Thing Alone

Secret Touch

The Main Monkey Business

"Driven" comes to mind.

I was thinking about this while listening yet again to Clockwork Angels Tour, what Rush songs do you prefer live to the studio versions? Here is my somewhat lengthy list:

La Villa Strangiato

The Spirit of Radio

Freewill

Natural Science

Tom Sawyer

YYZ

The Analog Kid

Digital Man

Distant Early Warning

Red Sector A

The Body Electric

The Big Money

Presto

Dreamline

Ghost of a Chance

Leave That Thing Alone

Secret Touch

The Main Monkey Business

I could not get the day off for Black Friday tomorrow to get "The Garden" (Rush Vinyl Picture disc), the record store is very strict; one disc per person...I asked if I could walk out and walk back in and get another one and the answer was no, so I gave my friend the money to get 2 discs, one for me and one for him. He is taking his girlfriend so they both can buy one.

Rush-TheGardenVinylPictureDisc_zps5aefc2

So my friend succeeded in getting me a picture disc but he had to go to two different record stores to get it; he got the last one on the shelf at the first place at Zia Record Exchange, and got the only one for himself at a place called Stinkweeds in Phoenix. I don't believe there is a vinyl of "Rush:Clockwork Angels Live" but this vinyl pictue disc does have one track from it on vinyl... And I did listen to it and it sounded incredible...

Rush-TheGardenVinylPictureDisc-_zps5ee10 Side A, The Garden studio version

Rush-TheGardenVinylPictureDisc--_zps60b5 Side B, The Garden (live version)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Waiting waiting waiting for this to show up at my door on grey vinyl when it's released in March can't wait! Available from Soundstage Direct. Only $36.99 for a grey colored vinyl set.$32.99 for the regular vinyl set.

post-15049-0-99620400-1393537228.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

Along with Zep Rush is my favourite band.For the record my faves are Grace Under Pressure,Roll the Bones and Counterparts.Yes these albums are from the later 'lost their way' period but these albums are full of brilliant musicianship and lyrics.Don't get me wrong 2112,hemispheres and Moving Pictures are not far behind and i love a sprawling epic as much as any prog head but I find the later albums a progression over earlier stuff.People who can't move past Moving Pictures or Zep lV annoy me.

Rush Plotting 41st Anniversary Tour for 2015. "The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."..."We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do,"..."But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things."..."We want to try and play different material this time,"..."I've always wanted to do some rarer Rush material, and this should be a good opportunity to do that. I also think it's going to be a long tour. We just need to stay healthy until then."...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rush-plotting-41st-anniversary-tour-for-2015-20140320

post-15049-0-33056300-1395608479.jpg

Edited by luvlz2

Rush Plotting 41st Anniversary Tour for 2015. "The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson tells Rolling Stone. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."..."We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do,"..."But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things."..."We want to try and play different material this time,"..."I've always wanted to do some rarer Rush material, and this should be a good opportunity to do that. I also think it's going to be a long tour. We just need to stay healthy until then."...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/rush-plotting-41st-anniversary-tour-for-2015-20140320

Talk about not having your heart into it...sounds like Lifeson has a gun pointed to his head or something!