Rush

lzzoso

https://soundcloud.com/q107toronto/alex-lifeson-stops-by-q107-to-talk-about-the-new-r40-tour-john-derringer-012615

This morning Alex Lifeson was a guest on Toronto radio station Q107's Derringer in the Morning show and talked about the upcoming R40 tour and more. When asked about the format and setlist for the R40 Live tour Alex had the following to say:

...That's always a tough one. We've already gone through a couple of different setlist scenarios. We've been doing some editing. Dropping some stuff. We have an idea about how we want to approach it in terms of the whole show from front to back. We're working on these production ideas. It's gonna be really, really cool. We're gonna have a lot of fun with it, and I think our fans are gonna really, really like this little musical trip that we're planning. ...

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/01/26/4224/Alex-Lifeson-talks-R40-Live-tour-in-new-Q107-interview

Great interview, cool to hear some light shed on the blah blah speech... Thanks for posting!

Ordered my tickets for the Rush show in Dallas, Texas on May 18, 2015 at the American Airlines Center.

As much as I love Rush, I purchased the least expensive tickets. I don't mind because I am at least in the building and once inside, I try and get as close to the stage as possible.

Section: 327

Row: K

Seats: 12-15.

Can't wait!!!

The Rush tickets for their Las Vegas show goes on sale next Friday, February 6. I really think that I am going to go see them in Vegas alone. I don't mind. I have never been to Las Vegas so it will be all new to me. I can't go wrong with Rush and Vegas. Hell, you can't go wrong with Rush at all.

Ordered my tickets for the Rush show in Dallas, Texas on May 18, 2015 at the American Airlines Center.

As much as I love Rush, I purchased the least expensive tickets. I don't mind because I am at least in the building and once inside, I try and get as close to the stage as possible.

Section: 327

Row: K

Seats: 12-15.

Can't wait!!!

The Rush tickets for their Las Vegas show goes on sale next Friday, February 6. I really think that I am going to go see them in Vegas alone. I don't mind. I have never been to Las Vegas so it will be all new to me. I can't go wrong with Rush and Vegas. Hell, you can't go wrong with Rush at all.

Cool! Tickets go on sale to the general public here in Phoenix the same day this upcoming Friday the 6th. This time I am going to try to get to the arena as early as possible in the morning to be as close to the front of the line (if not the front) as I can. The last time they came I wasn't really that happy with my seats, so I want good seats this time. The problem is getting the day off at work; As of now I already have Feb. 6th off for a post-operative appointment for cataract surgery that was supposed to be on Feb 5th, but this past Friday it was put off indefinitely because they said I could wait because it wasn't totally necessary yet to have the surgery. But tomorrow (Monday) I will have to tell my work that the surgery was cancelled indefinitely, but I am going to try to bullshit them and tell them I still have an appointment on Friday the 6th (wish me luck), and if my boss says "Why do you still need that appointment if you are not going to have the surgery?" I will say "They still want to see me on the 6th" lol. And if that doesn't work, I will tell the truth and earnestly ask to still get the day off. I already tried getting tickets through the presale, but the presale is bullshit. The presale only shows 2 sections available, sections that suck, and it shows all the floor seats to be "unavailable". I am pretty sure if I get there very early when tickets go on sale at the arena that they will have floor seats, my plan is to be first in line. Vegas would be cool to see Rush,my best friend used to live there, and I would have a fucking blast every time I went there and visit him (for concerts usually). The last time I was there the MGM had great all you can eat buffet, if you go...

http://youtu.be/1J1rYCVq-cA

Edited by luvlz2

VH1s premier metal-themed talk show That Metal Show is returning for its 14th season, and theyll be kicking things off right with Rush bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee coming to the show as their first guest. The show will also feature Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci sitting in on guitar for his first appearance on the show.

http://www.elmoremagazine.com/2015/02/music-news/rushs-geddy-lee-to-appear-on-that-metal-show-premiere

Tide pools

When the ebbing tide retreats

Along the rocky shoreline

It leaves a trail of tidal pools

In a short-lived galaxy

Each microcosmic planet

A complete society

A simple kind mirror

To reflect upon our own

All the busy little creatures

Chasing out their destinies

Living in their pools

They soon forget about the sea...

Wheels within wheels

In a spiral array

A pattern so grand

And complex

Time after time

We lose sight of the way

Our causes can't see

Their effects

Hyperspace

A quantum leap forward

In time and in space

The universe learned to expand

The mess and the magic

Triumphant and tragic

A mechanized world, out of hand

Computerized clinic

For superior cynics

Who dance to a synthetic band

In their own image

Their world is fashioned,

No wonder they don't understand

Wheels within wheels

In a spiral array

A pattern so grand

And complex

Time after time

We lose sight of the way

Our causes can't see

Their effects

Permanent Waves

Science, like Nature

Must also be tamed

With a view towards its preservation

Given the same

State of integrity

It will surely serve us well

Art as expression,

Not as market campaigns

Will still capture our imaginations

Given the same

State of integrity

It will surely help us along

The most endangered species,

The honest man

Will still survive annihilation

Forming a world,

State of integrity

Sensitive, open, and strong

Wave after wave

Will flow with the tide

And bury the world as it does

Tide after tide

Will flow and recede

Leaving life to go on

As it was...

Going to downtown Phoenix after midnight to the US Airways Center to wait in front of the box office until Rush tickets go on sale at 10 am!

Good luck!!! Let us know what seats you got and how much you paid (if you don't mind).

I am going to order my ticket tomorrow for the Rush show in Las Vegas in July. I have not made any arrangements regarding what airlines or what hotel I will be staying at, etc... I figure if I got my ticket then I will pretty much have no choice but to go to Vegas. Ticket first, travel arrangements later.

Good luck!!! Let us know what seats you got and how much you paid (if you don't mind).

I am going to order my ticket tomorrow for the Rush show in Las Vegas in July. I have not made any arrangements regarding what airlines or what hotel I will be staying at, etc... I figure if I got my ticket then I will pretty much have no choice but to go to Vegas. Ticket first, travel arrangements later.

Thanks man!!! God forbid I am in the front of the line and they pull a lottery, I will raise hell!

There were no floor seats left as soon as they went on sale to the general public, so I got 3 tickets in section 109 for $100 a piece. As soon as I checked online today there were plenty of floor seats at incredibly inflated prices. There were a few in my section and they were double the price I paid $200.

There were no floor seats left as soon as they went on sale to the general public, so I got 3 tickets in section 109 for $100 a piece. As soon as I checked online today there were plenty of floor seats at incredibly inflated prices. There were a few in my section and they were double the price I paid $200.

I suppose that is good (or bad) depending on how you feel about it. Did you really go downtown to the arena after midnight and wait the 9 or 10 or so hours for the box office to open? If so, where there a lot of other people waiting in line and what was the "atmosphere" of it all?

On another note, I did order a Rush ticket for their show in Las Vegas on July 25. I went ahead and bought slightly higher ticket price then the ones I did for the Dallas concert. For the Dallas show I paid $70 total for the ticket. For the Vegas concert I went ahead and bought a ticket that came to $109.55. Actually a $40 difference. Regardless, it make no matter to Me because Rush is my second favorite band after Led Zeppelin and when it comes to seeing Geddy, Alex and Neil perform it is well worth the cost.

^^^You want the whole story? Well, I did some bongs right before my cab arrived to pick me up and we arrived at the US Airways Center at 3am. When the cab started getting close to US Airways Center in downtown Phoenix I started seeing all the bums and I began to panic. I started thinking to myself that there is no way I am going to hang out all night in this area, and when we arrived I sat in the back of the cab for a minute and told the cab driver that I did not believe this was a wise idea and I asked him to take me back home, but the cab driver was cool and told me I would be alright. So I agreed with him and decided I would stay.

I believe I was the first one there. It was well lit. It was nice standing there in the heart of downtown Phoenix looking about being in front of the doors of the arena. I was still baked from the bongs. I brought my headset/mp3 player and I cranked all my Rush live in Phoenix personal recordings loud and that was cool and thought about all the artists I saw there like Rush, Page and Plant, The Who, Black Sabbath etc. There were a few employees there. After a while one came out, a security guard and I told him I was there waiting for Rush tickets to go on sale, and he told me that everybody waits across the street for that, and that there was one person there and that I should go wait with him. When I went across the street I seen a guy there with what looked like a grubby grey beard and wore a hooded jacket. From appearance he totally looked like he could have been a bum and I did not approach him whatsoever. I started worrying again and walked back across the street to the arena and told the security guy I did not want to stay there because of the bums and he told me that I could stay there as long as I did not sleep. I was slightly underdressed; it was colder than I thought it would be but it was not freezing, but I could have used some hot coffee. After a while a couple of employees came out of the arena building and I asked them if there was a place to get hot coffee, and they said "yes, right across the street, a Carl's Jr." It was right in front of my face the whole time, and I didn't see it lol..

So I went into Carl's Jr. and had a good breakfast with hot coffee. After eating I looked out the window and saw someone in front of the arena doors and I approached him and he was there for Rush tickets too. We had a great conversation talking about the Rush concerts that we had seen and then I felt better. An employee came out of the arena and asked us if we were waiting to get Rush tickets and we said yes. He said that a line was forming across the street, we went and looked and sure enough, there was like 8 people there, with the guy I thought was a bum and would not approach earlier was in front of the line! I was probably there before him, but anywho, we got in line and talked with everybody about Rush.

The floor seats were already all gone before the first person got their tickets, I was disappointed but happy I got what I got! I got 3 tickets in section 109, two are in row 2, seats 1&2 and the other in row 5, seat 8. The fucked part about it is my friend, who was supposed to drive and be with me to wait for tickets, flaked out. And now I will probably give him and his girlfriend the two closer seats in row 2 that are next to each other, and I will get the single seat in row 5, oh well, fuck it, he's taken me to a lot of shows..

Got home and slept in all day. One of the crazier things I've done in a long while. In hindsight, my theory that I would get good tickets by getting there early failed, I maybe would have landed better tickets at home online, but it was an interesting experience! I have half way decent tickets and I am pretty happy! Lol.

Edited by luvlz2

Rush are doing their Mercury-era albums right this year by putting them out on 200 gram vinyl this year. some titles will also but put on Blu-ray audio. They are calling it the "12 Months of Rush", as they will be releasing one or two titles a month each month. They started with Fly By Night which released last month (vinyl, Blu-ray Audio), and will continue with Caress of Steel on vinyl this coming Tuesday, February 24. Next up after that is 2112 on March 17th, and during the season premiere of That Metal Show they announced that the 2112 vinyl reissue will be a special Hologram Edition.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/02/21/4262/The-12-Months-of-Rush-continues-with-the-release-of-a-special-Hologram-Edition-of-2112-on-vinyl

Edited by luvlz2

Rush are doing their Mercury-era albums right this year by putting them out on 200 gram vinyl this year. some titles will also but put on Blu-ray audio. They are calling it the "12 Months of Rush", as they will be releasing one or two titles a month each month. They started with Fly By Night which released last month (vinyl, Blu-ray Audio), and will continue with Caress of Steel on vinyl this coming Tuesday, February 24. Next up after that is 2112 on March 17th, and during the season premiere of That Metal Show they announced that the 2112 vinyl reissue will be a special Hologram Edition.

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2015/02/21/4262/The-12-Months-of-Rush-continues-with-the-release-of-a-special-Hologram-Edition-of-2112-on-vinyl

That's awesome, thanks luvlz2! Good timing, I recently got bit by the vinyl bug. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I read some spoilers the other day that sound really cool about what they will be doing for the upcoming tour. Rush just posted that they are asking for fan photos of their favorite Rush moments http://www.rush.com/send-your-photos/

Congradulations Rush and their manager Ray Danniels tonight to become the recipients of the 2015 Allan Waters Humanitarian Award.

https://youtu.be/_gwR5s5TZC0

Edited by luvlz2