Earthquake

sam_webmaster

Any of you guys in Ontario/Quebec feel that earthquake? :o

I felt it. I am on the 31st floor of an office building in downtown Toronto. At first I thought it was a bomb or something to disrupt the G20 but then when the shaking kept going I figured it was an earthquake. A few tense moments.

Amateurs! (San Francisco native speaking here) biggrin.gif

But a 5.0 is getting up there. mellow.gif

Everyone here felt it but me. Must be that good English beer!! You are right, we are amatuers. Its a rare event here. People including my wife are telling me they felt the building shake. I was wrapped up in the World Cup. You know, more important stuff!

I live in northern Ontario. The mountains and the canyons started to tremble and shake, and the children of the sun began to awake, but I didn't feel any seismic disturbance. Must have been a Zeppelin-related phenomenon.

post-12775-127733768263_thumb.gif

Funny, I was at work while it happened and didn't feel a thing. My sister, however, was not too far south of me and said it was quite brief but got so bad she thought the roof would cave in. It's only the second earthquake I recall in all our time in Canada. The first one I definitely felt -- we lived on the 22nd floor at the time and when the building swayed :ahhh::lol:

I thought for sure this was going to be about Southern California again, and I was going to say, gee, I didn't feel a thing! Guess there was a reason I didn't feel it - now you people on the opposite side of the continent are having one!

Gotta agree with ledzepfvr...5.0's just a nice little rumble. We had a 5.7 the other day, and that was just an aftershock of the 7.2 we had on Easter.

Archived