Hello

Paul McCluskey

Hi everyone ;) !

My name is Paul, I'm 20, and I became a member by connecting with my Facebook account.

Been a Zep fan for 3 years. Got introduced to them by a friend. Listened to the first 4 albums while staying with my sis as my brother-in-law, and immediately bought them soon after. For once I didn't start with a Best Of Compilation.

Enjoy other tyes of Rock music. Went to see Green Day recently, and they were superb. Loving Robert Plant's solo work and Them Crooked Vultures at the moment.

Like the majority of the planet, I'd love to see a Zeppelin tour, but I think they are too big to go around the stadiums. They'd have to play 10+ nights at the same venue in the city they were perfoming. Still, I have their albums and DVDs to last me, I don't get bored of hearing the likes of Tangerine or For Your Life, and I think that Presence and In Through the Out Door are criminally underrated.

Anyway, just popping through to introduce myself!

Hi everyone ;) !

My name is Paul, I'm 20, and I became a member by connecting with my Facebook account.

Been a Zep fan for 3 years. Got introduced to them by a friend. Listened to the first 4 albums while staying with my sis as my brother-in-law, and immediately bought them soon after. For once I didn't start with a Best Of Compilation.

Enjoy other tyes of Rock music. Went to see Green Day recently, and they were superb. Loving Robert Plant's solo work and Them Crooked Vultures at the moment.

Like the majority of the planet, I'd love to see a Zeppelin tour, but I think they are too big to go around the stadiums. They'd have to play 10+ nights at the same venue in the city they were perfoming. Still, I have their albums and DVDs to last me, I don't get bored of hearing the likes of Tangerine or For Your Life, and I think that Presence and In Through the Out Door are criminally underrated.

Wow!!! Someone that has only known of Led Zeppelin for 3 years!!!! Wow!!!!! Wow!!!!!! Well, Welcome to you. On another topic, it seems that there are WAY WAY WAY too many hi ya all threads here. Its like high and goodbye and many are never seen again. I wish the mods would clean up this forum that is becoming a dumping ground. Sorry,no better way to put it. Why cant people come on and use an existing thread? The rules are there!!!!! Do a search to see if the thread already exists. In this case its so fu---ng lame! HELLO!!!!!!!! How many more Hi, Im joe shmoe the eskimo from camp jokeomo dropping in because i JUST HEARD OF THIS BAND CALLED LED ZEPPELIN!!!! Yeah right. And I just heard of Elvis and the Beatles. Oh, who the hell is Eminem? And the the hell is Ice Cube. He belongs back in the freezer permanantly. Lets zap these lame threads please!!! Its a terrible waste of space isnt it? Follow the damb rules! Do the search!!!! Use that thing called the search tool!!!! Ok, sorry if I offended anyone, but I sure hope the mods see this my way. After all, I am following the rules of the board and so should the rest even the new comers. At least the ones that are real new comers and not reincarnated exiles!!!B)

Hi everyone ;) !

Welcome Paul, it's an amazing journey. :welcome2:

Edited by Deborah J

Wow!!! Someone that has only known of Led Zeppelin for 3 years!!!! Wow!!!!! Wow!!!!!! Well, Welcome to you. On another topic, it seems that there are WAY WAY WAY too many hi ya all threads here. Its like high and goodbye and many are never seen again. I wish the mods would clean up this forum that is becoming a dumping ground. Sorry,no better way to put it. Why cant people come on and use an existing thread? The rules are there!!!!! Do a search to see if the thread already exists. In this case its so fu---ng lame! HELLO!!!!!!!! How many more Hi, Im joe shmoe the eskimo from camp jokeomo dropping in because i JUST HEARD OF THIS BAND CALLED LED ZEPPELIN!!!! Yeah right. And I just heard of Elvis and the Beatles. Oh, who the hell is Eminem? And the the hell is Ice Cube. He belongs back in the freezer permanantly. Lets zap these lame threads please!!! Its a terrible waste of space isnt it? Follow the damb rules! Do the search!!!! Use that thing called the search tool!!!! Ok, sorry if I offended anyone, but I sure hope the mods see this my way. After all, I am following the rules of the board and so should the rest even the new comers. At least the ones that are real new comers and not reincarnated exiles!!!B)

:unsure: I know (as in "know") Zeppelin only for two years. My "awakening" was in summer of 2008 (I think)

" Its a terrible waste of space isnt it?"

:o And this is a terrible welcome. I just hope that your cranky mood is not due to some physical back pain.

Maybe the newcomers are starting lots of threads because there is AN ENTIRE SECTION NAMED "MEET & GREET". If the admins intention would have been to have just ONE "hello thread", for all the "hi/hello/bonjour" posts, they would have put it in the Ramble On section or such, don't you think?.

What else would you like to be in the Meet & Greet section, if not threads with salutes?

Welcome, Paul McCluskey. Don't feel intimidate by such a warm welcome. :)

Hi Paul !

Nice to see more young people getting involved with this site and sharing their own views on a band many of us here grew up with. Us older know it all's could do with a good kick up the arse once in a while :lol:

Welcome to the jungle :wave:

I'm all for not wasting space too...especially quoting entire posts, check the PHOTOS thread ! :unsure:

:P

By the way Paul, loved your Praise and Bash thread. ;)

Slyly Paralleling...unknowingly ?

:unsure: I know (as in "know") Zeppelin only for two years. My "awakening" was in summer of 2008 (I think)

" Its a terrible waste of space isnt it?"

:o And this is a terrible welcome. I just hope that your cranky mood is not due to some physical back pain.

Maybe the newcomers are starting lots of threads because there is AN ENTIRE SECTION NAMED "MEET & GREET". If the admins intention would have been to have just ONE "hello thread", for all the "hi/hello/bonjour" posts, they would have put it in the Ramble On section or such, don't you think?.

What else would you like to be in the Meet & Greet section, if not threads with salutes?

Welcome, Paul McCluskey. Don't feel intimidate by such a warm welcome. :)

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah::coffee:

Well that's not very friendly 'silvermedalist'. I don't see anyone else complaining. What's got you so antsy? Are you bugged because a younger guy beat you to the GOLD medal? :D

I only saw this post after I'd posted my 'meet & greet' post. And do you know what? I'm tempted now to go back and post a few more!

Well that's not very friendly 'silvermedalist'. I don't see anyone else complaining. What's got you so antsy? Are you bugged because a younger guy beat you to the GOLD medal? :D

I only saw this post after I'd posted my 'meet & greet' post. And do you know what? I'm tempted now to go back and post a few more!

Go ahead! Make my day punk! Dont be surprised if you wake up to a banning! But probably not. Ill probably get whacked for trying to do the right thing. Its just pretty lame to see so many Hi threads and many are from posters that post and run. I doubt many even stay to see the responses. I think its rude to post and then not read what people have to say in response. Its rude to want people to read what you have to say and not have the decency to read what others have to say in response. There are many that do this. Post and run. Lame shits. So go ahead and criticize me. I really dont care. I have taken much more abuse than you can muster up. But by all means, go ahead and give the old kettle a stir. At your own risk fresh fish!!! :watchingyou:

2i6p4iw.jpg

Go ahead! Make my day punk! Dont be surprised if you wake up to a banning! But probably not. Ill probably get whacked for trying to do the right thing. Its just pretty lame to see so many Hi threads and many are from posters that post and run. I doubt many even stay to see the responses. I think its rude to post and then not read what people have to say in response. Its rude to want people to read what you have to say and not have the decency to read what others have to say in response. There are many that do this. Post and run. Lame shits. So go ahead and criticize me. I really dont care. I have taken much more abuse than you can muster up. But by all means, go ahead and give the old kettle a stir. At your own risk fresh fish!!! :watchingyou:

2i6p4iw.jpg

That sounds like a challenge to me. Foolish. VERY foolish. But I don't want to get banned. So if you want to talk dirty, feel free to pm me.

Punk.

Welcome to the forum Paul.

Silver, I am a litte confused by your litte tyraid here. :unsure: Yeah, there are quite a few simple hello threads here and yeah some new comers are reincarnated exiles. I have seen some pretty lame threads in these back pages but they still exist because admin vary rarely deletes anything. Hopefully that search function is working better too with the upgrade, because I gotta say it used to suck for searching for anything. The fellow here elaborated on his introduction as opposed to some other meet and greet threads started with just a simple hello.

I hope you are keeping up on those pain pills friend and wake up in a better mood tomarrow. :whistling: In the meantime I might suggest you avoid the meet and greets for a little while.

Welcome to the forum Paul.

Silver, I am a litte confused by your litte tyraid here. :unsure: Yeah, there are quite a few simple hello threads here and yeah some new comers are reincarnated exiles. I have seen some pretty lame threads in these back pages but they still exist because admin vary rarely deletes anything. Hopefully that search function is working better too with the upgrade, because I gotta say it used to suck for searching for anything. The fellow here elaborated on his introduction as opposed to some other meet and greet threads started with just a simple hello.

I hope you are keeping up on those pain pills friend and wake up in a better mood tomarrow. :whistling: In the meantime I might suggest you avoid the meet and greets for a little while.

:lol: I shall take your advice Ledzepfvr. Only because I like you!!! Hey, dont worrry, the pills are going down likek candy. ha. I did not mean to pick on the poor devil. In fact, it was not intended for him. But lets look at the big picture. There are too many hello threads. And when someone starts a thread that there is already a topic on, usually it results in a scolding. I have been scolded for starting threads way back, but have since learned board ediquette. one needs to be a bit concsciencous and be considerate. We cant have the same things repeated over and over dontn you think? I mean, do you think I am totally off base here? I do apologize if the poor chap thought my comments were directed at him. They have been building for some time. If certain ones here can constantly play board police, I dont think its too much for me to state the case that too many hello threads are being made, and by some that never intend to return. And another thing that I dont like, is the total disrespect of posting and running. They want you to read their thoughts, but dont stick around to hear what others have to say. It is a far tougher task to be a good listener and it says something about ones character. Please excuse the typing. And You are right Ledzepfvr. You usually are. You are a very smart woman!

:lol: I shall take your advice Ledzepfvr. Only because I like you!!! Hey, dont worrry, the pills are going down likek candy. ha. I did not mean to pick on the poor devil. In fact, it was not intended for him. But lets look at the big picture. There are too many hello threads. And when someone starts a thread that there is already a topic on, usually it results in a scolding. I have been scolded for starting threads way back, but have since learned board ediquette. one needs to be a bit concsciencous and be considerate. We cant have the same things repeated over and over dontn you think? I mean, do you think I am totally off base here? I do apologize if the poor chap thought my comments were directed at him. They have been building for some time. If certain ones here can constantly play board police, I dont think its too much for me to state the case that too many hello threads are being made, and by some that never intend to return. And another thing that I dont like, is the total disrespect of posting and running. They want you to read their thoughts, but dont stick around to hear what others have to say. It is a far tougher task to be a good listener and it says something about ones character. Please excuse the typing. And You are right Ledzepfvr. You usually are. You are a very smart woman!

Hi Silver...I wanted to respond to your post but this will be the last of my forum ediquette discussion here as by doing so here has voilated forum guidelines as we have drifted off topic in Pauls Meet and Greet thread. Sorry Paul, we really are a good group of people but sometimes a bit passionate to our cause.

Big Picture....there are duplicate threads because members have not bothered to search, don't know to search and probably have not read the forum guidelines. Yes the should, but for me to worry over that issue is minor as there could be far more serious infractions to report on if needed. I don't though, that seems to be covered by others here. So you may not be off base for most forums. But I see the Meet and Greet forum under a different perspective. As a newbie, ledzepfvr did not have a thread in which to introduce herself, so I started one, as others do when they come here. And this is not unusual. It is common practice in the other forums I participate in and is the precident set here already. If Admin wanted one thread for newbies to post their introduction in, this forum would have been set up differenly or guidelines elaborated on for this aspect. Yes , some come as a one time stand, probably because they want us to look at their cover of something, etc. There are a multitude of members who are listed with either 0 or 1 post in the members section. One cannot predict who the onetimers or the serious members are that come here. That shakes out in time. So for you to address this issue in this thread ,to me, is off base.

I would not say I am right, just have my opinions and smart is a matter of perspective. I am no scientist, but like to think that my years make me a bit wiser than I used to be. :D Hopefully!!

If you want to comment on this Silver, PM me. I don't want to hijack this thread any longer on this subject.

It's fine to feel there are too many threads where people introduce themselves, but it's been that way as long as I've been a member of this board. If you (silver medalist) aren't happy with that, either don't read them or write the mods and see what they say. I just don't think it was very nice to do that in someone's thread when they're trying to make a connection. I know you weren't aiming it at him directly, but perhaps it could have been handled differently.

It's fine to feel there are too many threads where people introduce themselves, but it's been that way as long as I've been a member of this board. If you (silver medalist) aren't happy with that, either don't read them or write the mods and see what they say. I just don't think it was very nice to do that in someone's thread when they're trying to make a connection. I know you weren't aiming it at him directly, but perhaps it could have been handled differently.

Ok. But how many times have people been ripped for posting and then being told to use the search tool? That is what it is there for? It has happened to me countless times so it does burn my ass that some can get away with just creating threads with topics that already exist. Once again, I lose. If you want the forum cluttered with repetitive topics go for it. The forum rules were recently posted for all to see when someone asked that question about what does it take to get banned. If one bothered to actually read it, they would find that I happen to be correct in my analysis. But that all gets tossed aside if someone comes along and is automatically canonized for lack of a better term, and all rules are out the window. So go ahead, fill up the damn forums. Didi you happen to see that snide smerk on the face of Sardonicus . A new member. Yeah right. Hi Mary Hartman!! How is everything there Eddie boy?

Ok. But how many times have people been ripped for posting and then being told to use the search tool? That is what it is there for? It has happened to me countless times so it does burn my ass that some can get away with just creating threads with topics that already exist. Once again, I lose. If you want the forum cluttered with repetitive topics go for it. The forum rules were recently posted for all to see when someone asked that question about what does it take to get banned. If one bothered to actually read it, they would find that I happen to be correct in my analysis. But that all gets tossed aside if someone comes along and is automatically canonized for lack of a better term, and all rules are out the window. So go ahead, fill up the damn forums. Didi you happen to see that snide smerk on the face of Sardonicus . A new member. Yeah right. Hi Mary Hartman!! How is everything there Eddie boy?

Jeez silver, get over it will ya?

'Meet and greet' has its own 'sub-forum', or whatever the hell you fuss-budgets call it. Clearly this was set up with the intention of facilitating multiple threads. Seeing this, and the plethora of individual threads within it, I felt it would be positively rude NOT to create my own thread before I started yakking away. And now it seems that nobody's greeting the newbies who post there, so if that continues, well, I'll consider it my duty to greet them all myself. I've done 2 already, which is pretty weird considering I only joined yesterday myself. I just greeted Sardonicus, after 12 hours had passed with no acknowledgement of his post or even his existence. That's just plain rude, in my book.

Jeez silver, get over it will ya?

'Meet and greet' has its own 'sub-forum', or whatever the hell you fuss-budgets call it. Clearly this was set up with the intention of facilitating multiple threads. Seeing this, and the plethora of individual threads within it, I felt it would be positively rude NOT to create my own thread before I started yakking away. And now it seems that nobody's greeting the newbies who post there, so if that continues, well, I'll consider it my duty to greet them all myself. I've done 2 already, which is pretty weird considering I only joined yesterday myself. I just greeted Sardonicus, after 12 hours had passed with no acknowledgement of his post or even his existence. That's just plain rude, in my book.

If you want to believe he is a newbie that is your perogative. I do not. Many have returned under new names, just ask a few that have been here a while and they will confirm that. Anyway, I am finished with this. So sorry if you took it personal. It was not my intention.

If you want to believe he is a newbie that is your perogative. I do not. Many have returned under new names, just ask a few that have been here a while and they will confirm that. Anyway, I am finished with this. So sorry if you took it personal. It was not my intention.

That's fine silver, totally cool. Let's call it quits.

And so what if people return. Maybe they like it here. As a matter of fact, with your attitude, I find it hard to believe that this is your 'first life'.

This is hilarious.

All of this over someone introducing themselves to people on the boards.

Truly hilarious.

Now listen Liz, you yourself once let me have it over creating a thread where the topic already existed a couple pages deep. I was told to use the search tool. I took my medicine and learned from it. But what do I get for trying to uphold the board rules? More ridicule.