Great Jimmy Page Tone and Playing

Ed A

Gotta say, Ive heard so many people (including myself) try to nail Jimmy Page, but I really think my buddy Eric does it better than most.... Check out these hi-def videos..... Not only does he get the equipment right, but his phrasing is so much like live Zep... He's not doing it note for note but to me it almost sounds like it could of been a live Page solo on any given night!...... And the gear is period correct for each...... For Immigrant Song, he's using a '60 historic reissue with original vintage PAFs in both positions and his Royal Hiwatt style Page model head (built by himself), same setup like Page would have used in 1971...... For Sick Again, he's replaced the bridge PAF with a vintage T-top and the amp is his own MSG100 (Marshall plexi style with KT88 mod also built by him) like Page used in '75..... mic'd cabs have G12H30 bass cone speakers..... love his tone and playing on this stuff.....

Immigrant

Sick Again

Hi EdA

I actually saw your thread with these vids in over at the LPF just yesterday. There were some classic comments, like the one pointing out that the mic setup on the drums looked "weird" (without grasping that maybe the reason no one's drums sound like this these days is that no one mics them like this anymore).

As always Eric sounds great, and the tones are spot on. I've never heard anyone whose last name isn't Page sound closer in fact :)

Have you posted them at Royal Orleans yet? Haven't noticed you or Eric there in a while, but I think you'll find a more appreciative, & discerning audience over there...

Hi EdA

I actually saw your thread with these vids in over at the LPF just yesterday. There were some classic comments, like the one pointing out that the mic setup on the drums looked "weird" (without grasping that maybe the reason no one's drums sound like this these days is that no one mics them like this anymore).

As always Eric sounds great, and the tones are spot on. I've never heard anyone whose last name isn't Page sound closer in fact :)

Have you posted them at Royal Orleans yet? Haven't noticed you or Eric there in a while, but I think you'll find a more appreciative, & discerning audience over there...

Thanks for the kind words!.... yeah its just about sharing our enthusiasm for the band.... maybe I'll head on over to Royal Orleans...

• 1 month later...

i looked the first vid without sound , and i must say that the guitarist have something in his style like page , i see that hes influenced from the greatest guitarist ever , tomorrow i will listen and say how i like the sound , but the show is great !!

• 2 months later...

Tell him to button his shirt and quit making the stupid gestures and facial expressions. Who the hell's he showin off too? He's not Jimmy Page no matter how much he tries to be. It makes him look like a choad.

I will say there's some great playing hidden in there, on all fronts.

• 1 month later...

I am confused to as why the drummer only has one floor tom but he has the John Bonham vistalite kit. Doesn't that come with two? I think it's decent. The vids were a bit choppy but that just might be my comp. I found the Immigrant Song solo wayyyy to excessive. Jimmy himself only played a solo of about a minute and thirty seconds.They could use a singer. But other wise it's decent.

This sounds very nice.Just wonder what he and the listeners want to acchieve.

Maybe it is intresting to hear someone playing like JP but than (to not just being a copy) he should

publish alot of own material that showes his personal work.

This would be a nice theme for another topic to ask who started like JP and keeps his own fire burning now.

Archived