That Certain Feeling

BlackDog71

Led Zeppelin.

All of us on this site know that those two words placed together are as pleasing as can be. I love them, you love them, other people love them as well.

What I want to know, or have everyone describe is, what kinds of feeling do you get when you play a song, hear a song on the radio, hear their name, see a Zep t-shirt, hear other people talking about them, etc? What is it like for you have their music as a part of your life? What is it like for you when you hear their music?

For me, it's pure joy. Their music takes me places no other music or musical act will ever take me to again. All four members are as talented at what they do as anyone has ever been. Their music has stood the test of time and gets better with each listen and for that I say that Zeppelin's music brings out, for me, JOY! I could go on forever with more descriptions and thoughts, but I am going to leave it at that.

What do the rest of you on here think?

Led Zeppelin's music pretty much made me feel something what I have never ever felt before! I get all excited when I start listening to a Led Zep song! It gives me chills! And I don't notice anyone or anything while listening to Led Zep! Its only me and the music which exists! In fact, this may sound extreme but sometimes I am so focussed on every beat, every vocal and every guitar note that if any one even pokes me or calls out to me or something, I sometimes give them such a piercing glare or I tell them to shut up and they are pretty much taken aback! That's how much I love the music of Zep! I also can't stand it if people in the room start talking loudly when I have my ipod on while I am listening to Zep! In fact my mom was like : "We can't put our lives on hold just because you are listening to Zep!". I have got into so much trouble because of this! LOL! :lol: That's why, to be safe, I listen to Zep at night! I dose off listening to them! It is such a good feeling! :D

I often think what is it about Led Zeppelin that makes me want to listen to them more than any other band? I think the answer for me is that when I listen to their music it must be like how drug addicts feel when they're high (I want to to make it really clear I'm not advocating taking drugs and I have never taken drugs, so I can only imagine!); it transports my mind to another place and it's addictive, but in a healthy way! I think it has a lot to do with the way the music is constructed, it's not just straight-foward song-writing. If I listen to songs like the Rain Song, Stairway, In My Time of Dying, No Quarter, Achilles Last Stand, Kashmir and the list goes on and on, I'm constantly blown away by how intricate all these songs are and how they change direction, and how when I listen to them over and over I can hear new things because the song-writing is so multi-layered. My mum listens to Beethoven and Rachmaninov, and I was brought up listening to them. She says their music is a work of genius because it's so passionate and demands to be listened to. I think Zeppelin's music is exactly the same, and you need to have the right sort of ear to apprecaite this. When my partner comes in the room when I'm listening to Zeppelin and starts talking over it, he can't see what my problem is (he was raised listening to Abba and has a tin ear!). Achilles Last Stand can be playing and all he says is it's too long, and it all sounds the same (he says exactly the same thing about classical music which he refers to as 'songs'!). :o Similar comments were made when Tchaikovosky first played his masterpiece Piano Concerto No.1 - his music tutor said it had 'too many notes'! I think you either get Zeppelin and are passionate about their music and will defend it until you dying days or you don't. Sorry to 'ramble on' for so long! :P

Led Zeppelin.

All of us on this site know that those two words placed together are as pleasing as can be. I love them, you love them, other people love them as well.

What I want to know, or have everyone describe is, what kinds of feeling do you get when you play a song, hear a song on the radio, hear their name, see a Zep t-shirt, hear other people talking about them, etc? What is it like for you have their music as a part of your life? What is it like for you when you hear their music?

For me, it's pure joy. Their music takes me places no other music or musical act will ever take me to again. All four members are as talented at what they do as anyone has ever been. Their music has stood the test of time and gets better with each listen and for that I say that Zeppelin's music brings out, for me, JOY! I could go on forever with more descriptions and thoughts, but I am going to leave it at that.

What do the rest of you on here think?

Nice topic 'BlackDog71',

For me hearing a Led Zeppelin song is like a visit from an old friend, very warming and very welcoming, it makes me feel alive and very happy, it brightens up the darkest day, in all its a very wonderful thing.

Regards, Danny

I often think what is it about Led Zeppelin that makes me want to listen to them more than any other band? I think the answer for me is that when I listen to their music it must be like how drug addicts feel when they're high (I want to to make it really clear I'm not advocating taking drugs and I have never taken drugs, so I can only imagine!); it transports my mind to another place and it's addictive, but in a healthy way! I think it has a lot to do with the way the music is constructed, it's not just straight-foward song-writing. If I listen to songs like the Rain Song, Stairway, In My Time of Dying, No Quarter, Achilles Last Stand, Kashmir and the list goes on and on, I'm constantly blown away by how intricate all these songs are and how they change direction, and how when I listen to them over and over I can hear new things because the song-writing is so multi-layered. My mum listens to Beethoven and Rachmaninov, and I was brought up listening to them. She says their music is a work of genius because it's so passionate and demands to be listened to. I think Zeppelin's music is exactly the same, and you need to have the right sort of ear to apprecaite this. When my partner comes in the room when I'm listening to Zeppelin and starts talking over it, he can't see what my problem is (he was raised listening to Abba and has a tin ear!). Achilles Last Stand can be playing and all he says is it's too long, and it all sounds the same (he says exactly the same thing about classical music which he refers to as 'songs'!). :o Similar comments were made when Tchaikovosky first played his masterpiece Piano Concerto No.1 - his music tutor said it had 'too many notes'! I think you either get Zeppelin and are passionate about their music and will defend it until you dying days or you don't. Sorry to 'ramble on' for so long! :P

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

It's exactly true that some people just can't get such music and it's actually amazing that with all the complexity, Zeppelin still sold so many records and had huge tours!! I guess there are enough people in the world, who can understand such music, so that it can still be commercially succesfull, which doesn't matter anyway, it just adds extra coolness!!

Nice topic 'BlackDog71',

For me hearing a Led Zeppelin song is like a visit from an old friend, very warming and very welcoming, it makes me feel alive and very happy, it brightens up the darkest day, in all its a very wonderful thing.

Regards, Danny

Thanks BIGDAN

Just trying to see how everyone else feels. I was inspired after getting way to excited when I heard a Zep song on the radio. I just began to ponder why. Loving the responses I have got so far.

:D

Archived