Looking for a certain version of Stairway..

Kordisep

I heard on the radio this live Stairway to Heaven version that I really liked. All I remember from that version that it starts with one of them saying a few words about the song in the begining of the song and it was kind of an acoustic version, pretty mellow like.

I tried a few versions like the ones from the bbc live show, the "How the west was won" and "The Song Remains the Same", and unfortunately it was neither of them :(...

If anyone of you might know a version that sounds like the way I describe it I'd love if you could reference me to it.

thanks ;)

I heard on the radio this live Stairway to Heaven version that I really liked. All I remember from that version that it starts with one of them saying a few words about the song in the begining of the song and it was kind of an acoustic version, pretty mellow like.

I tried a few versions like the ones from the bbc live show, the "How the west was won" and "The Song Remains the Same", and unfortunately it was neither of them :(...

If anyone of you might know a version that sounds like the way I describe it I'd love if you could reference me to it.

thanks ;)

Have you tried contacting the radio station you heard it on?

I'll bet you it's the live version from HTWWW. I think this is the best version of the song overall. Although the solo from TSRTS is good.

Or maybe TSRTS??

I have to wonder sometimes if folks even take the time to actually read posts before replying.

thanks ;)

Was it a few words or a few sentences at the beginning? Also are you sure it was LZ or Page & Plant? Just trying to help :peace:

The only mellow and completely acoustic version I know of is this one, although there is no speaking in the beginning of the song.

Never seen that before, thanks for posting. Curious to know if that's the only time they played "Stairway" live during the Page/Plant years as I'm pretty sure they didn't do it in concert. Nice version but odd that they didn't play the complete version. When I saw it was only 3 minutes long I wondered what was up.

Never seen that before, thanks for posting. Curious to know if that's the only time they played "Stairway" live during the Page/Plant years as I'm pretty sure they didn't do it in concert. Nice version but odd that they didn't play the complete version. When I saw it was only 3 minutes long I wondered what was up.

^^This was the first one that came to mind:-) Beautiful!!!

Yes they actually gave the wrong version. They said it was from BBC but I heard it and it's not it :\

I've heard tunes from bootleg recordings played on the radio very seldomly, for instance, the last time I remember was hearing some live Jimmy Page from the Outrider tour played on a public radio station, this was a few years ago, don't ask me what station it was...Westwood One broadcasted many specials on public radio of Led Zeppelin at the BBC playing 'Stairway to Heaven'(not the same version as the BBC sessions). They are enough BBC recordings with Zeppelin playing 'Stairway To Heaven' to undoubtedly make anyone's head spin, Did the radio station say it was just from "the BBC" or did they say it was from the "BBC Sessions"? It very well could have been a different BBC recording that they played.

All that you have to do now is call the same DJ and tell him/her the version you heard was not from the official BBC Sessions release and then just ask "Where's is it from"? and/or "Is it a special recording"?

thanks ;)

If you remember Robert saying something like -"this is another one from the new album, it's called Stairway to Heaven"- with polite applause afterward, it might be one of my favorite versions of STH, from Osaka on 9/29/71.

Yes. It was recorded November 10th 1994 while in Tokyo to promote the release of No Quarter. I have the complete broadcast which includes interview segments with the Japanese hosts.

Jimmy always concluded Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You with some notes from Stairway to Heaven during their '98 World Tour, but that's as close as they would get to the song besides this.

The only mellow and completely acoustic version I know of is this one, although there is no speaking in the beginning of the song.

wow...this is really nice

what a total shame they cut it short (i imagine for the sake of the time slot)

i'm sure we will never have the opportunity to hear a complete acoustic stairway like this again......simply a shame :angry:

Archived