Jimmys guitar playing on Roy Harpers Stormcock album rivals his zeppelin work.

finches

Although Jimmy Page could not be credited on some of the tracks of Roy Harpers Stormcock album for legal reasons,it is widely known that he played on all the tracks.

His guitar playing is quite extraordinary on this album, i think up there with anything he ever did with Zeppelin. I wish he would release an album of his own acoustic material. I love the track Bron -yr- aur. He surely must have written many instrumentals like this over the years?

Although Jimmy Page could not be credited on some of the tracks of Roy Harpers Stormcock album for legal reasons,it is widely known that he played on all the tracks.

His guitar playing is quite extraordinary on this album, i think up there with anything he ever did with Zeppelin. I wish he would release an album of his own acoustic material. I love the track Bron -yr- aur. He surely must have written many instrumentals like this over the years?

That would be great. I guess he must have got a million of tapes......Listen to "Autum lake" during TSRTS !

Jimmy only plays on one track "Same Old Rock". He is credited as S Flavius Mercurius.

post-46-0-09987600-1297009801_thumb.jpg

Can someone please clear it up on which songs Jimmy plays??? Maybe swandon or SteveAJones.

Trust Wiki? Here's what they say:

"S. Flavius Mercurius" is credited with lead guitar on "The Same Old Rock". The guitarist, better known as Jimmy Page, was unnamed within the album credits for contractual reasons until the release of the digitally remastered album in 2007. The re-release was packaged in a 20 page case bound booklet with new pictures, prose and poetry.

Can someone please clear it up on which songs Jimmy plays??? Maybe swandon or SteveAJones.

Jimmy plays on "Same Old Rock" (from Stormcock), "Bank Of The Dead", "The Lord's Prayer" (both from Lifemask) and "Male Chauvinist Pig Blues" (from Valentine).

Jimmy also appears on 3 songs on the live album Flashes From The Archives Of Oblivion ("Male Chauvinist Pig Blues", "Too Many Movies" and "Home"), although the latter 2 songs were left off the CD (they can be found on the CD version of Valentine).

I am not aware of Page playing guitar on any other tracks on the Stormcock album.

Jimmy plays on "Same Old Rock" (from Stormcock), "Bank Of The Dead", "The Lord's Prayer" (both from Lifemask) and "Male Chauvinist Pig Blues" (from Valentine).

Jimmy also appears on 3 songs on the live album Flashes From The Archives Of Oblivion ("Male Chauvinist Pig Blues", "Too Many Movies" and "Home"), although the latter 2 songs were left off the CD (they can be found on the CD version of Valentine).

I am not aware of Page playing guitar on any other tracks on the Stormcock album.

Thanks for your help, swandown!

Archived