Led Zeppelin: The Concert File

LedZep342

I'm assuming this is for the 2005 edition of The Concert File, by Dave Lewis?

It is in my top 3 Led Zep books and I have quite a few.

The book primarily covers every Zep show from Sept 1968 until July 1980.

It has the set list for every concert including info on the support acts when the band had them.

While you could get that info right here at the site, the book offers a lot more. It includes a brief yet insightful summary for each show.

You will discover interesting things that Plant said, or things that happened unexpectedly to Page, Bonham, Jones etc.

Trivia that you would not otherwise know unless you had been at the shows yourself.

There are also some blocks of text sprinkled throughout highlighting things such as the importance of Peter Grant, The Stolen Guitar, etc.

Additonally, there are some quotes from newspaper reviews of several of the shows.

Also, there are many pics of concert stubs scattered here and there as well as pics of the band.

The only negatives are there is not much post 1980 coverage. Although things like the ARMS concert and 40th annniversary are there.

The book is an odd size too. About 4 X 6 inches. Which means if you are like me you will need reading glasses, lol.

But, the 374 pages are on high quality stock and the smaller size makes it portable!

After I read this, I really did feel like I had been on tour with the boys in the band.

So in a nutshell, great book. Highly recommended. Buy it. :)

Hope this helped.

missy

It has the set list for every concert including info on the support acts when the band had them.

While you could get that info right here at the site, the book offers a lot more. It includes a brief yet insightful summary for each show.

You will discover interesting things that Plant said, or things that happened unexpectedly to Page, Bonham, Jones etc.

Trivia that you would not otherwise know unless you had been at the shows yourself.

There are also some blocks of text sprinkled throughout highlighting things such as the importance of Peter Grant, The Stolen Guitar, etc.

Additonally, there are some quotes from newspaper reviews of several of the shows.

Also, there are many pics of concert stubs scattered here and there as well as pics of the band.

The only negatives are there is not much post 1980 coverage. Although things like the ARMS concert and 40th annniversary are there.

The book is an odd size too. About 4 X 6 inches. Which means if you are like me you will need reading glasses, lol.

But, the 374 pages are on high quality stock and the smaller size makes it portable!

After I read this, I really did feel like I had been on tour with the boys in the band.

So in a nutshell, great book. Highly recommended. Buy it. :)

Hope this helped.

missy

Thanks, seems very neat, I will definitely get it!:D

It is a must have book from the great Dave Lewis! I have been reading and re-living Zeppelin from this man for thirty years. Here's to Dave!

Ok...what is the info on the RAH footage? Is this the alt footage that you are looking for?

• 3 years later...

So in a nutshell, great book. Highly recommended. Buy it. smile.gif

Hope this helped.

missy

:goodpost: This book is like a Bible to me, I read/quote passages from it almost daily! :yesnod:

Archived