Country Crap and the Love for it

This whole transformation of what was once a Rock culture throughout the ranks to this Country Crap riles my mind ! WTF ?

People my age have embraced it, youth have embraced it, and the bland TV culture has embraced it. It's been an ongoing thing for awhile but doesn't stop my realization of the saddened state of popularity. They'll always be fringes, but the mainstream will remain STUPID and that's what so many cling to because they want to be part of a bigger whole !

Even the old rocker's that've gone this route have dumbed down, like Steve Tyler being a judge on this ridiculous show. What a bunch of coots !

And this Americana, call it what it is, Country Crap ! And all that bullshit coming out of 'Athens', the so called new 'Southern Rock', STINKS, the whole nuevo Nashville scene etc.

6xz052.jpg

Don't you think you're being a tad ridiculous and overly dramatic? It's music. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. End of. Who cares what other people choose to listen to or what other people like? It doesn't affect you, does it?

This whole transformation of what was once a Rock culture throughout the ranks to this Country Crap riles my mind ! WTF ?

People my age have embraced it, youth have embraced it, and the bland TV culture has embraced it. It's been an ongoing thing for awhile but doesn't stop my realization of the saddened state of popularity. They'll always be fringes, but the mainstream will remain STUPID and that's what so many cling to because they want to be part of a bigger whole !

Even the old rocker's that've gone this route have dumbed down, like Steve Tyler being a judge on this ridiculous show. What a bunch of coots !

And this Americana, call it what it is, Country Crap ! And all that bullshit coming out of 'Athens', the so called new 'Southern Rock', STINKS, the whole nuevo Nashville scene etc.

I reallize that country has it's limitations, but don't let the bad or mediocre parts deter you from what is good.

Yes, because if you don't like something then the sensible and grown-up thing to do is say it needs to not exist. I don't like polka music, but that doesn't mean I think it should fall off the face of the earth. I just don't listen to it. No one forces anyone to listen to anything.

Yes, because if you don't like something then the sensible and grown-up thing to do is say it needs to not exist. I don't like polka music, but that doesn't mean I think it should fall off the face of the earth. I just don't listen to it. No one forces anyone to listen to anything.

Obviously a resurfaced banned member trolling around.....

To each his own.

What do you mean??? I thought everyone liked a polka :D Roll out the Barrel, Who Stole the Kieshka, those are classics :slapface:

and the Pennsylvania Polka, thanks to the film, Groundhog Day

and of course, the Orange Blossom Special

I don't know. I can take just so many polkas before I'm all polkaed out.

It doesn't appeal to certain cultures which is fine really. That doesn't mean it's racist either.

There are those who will appreciate a good country song, regardless of their culture.

Cotton Fields is generally considered to be a country song, but Ledbelly, known as a blues artist, wrote it, and there are those who have rocked it, notably Credence Clearwater Revival and Jimmy Page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0tAOIQiz-8&NR=1&feature=fvwp

No sarcasm intended but I think I did answer your question. It doesn't appeal to certain cultures which is fine really. That doesn't mean it's racist either.

Agreed, but i never said it did, but it still could be, there are more reasons than we know why certain cultures reject another cultures culture or tastes in music, people are just to scared to ask the question or to answer it, i'm not one of those people.

Regards, Danny

Just got that on my new Time-Life Country Classics 1960-1964 cd !! :D Oooops. :blush: This was always my favorite Roger Miller tune,

Great one! And there's the Orange Blossom Special, a country song that includes a polka, featuring Roger Miller on fiddle.

Hey, what happened to those great posts by BIGDAN ? They're gone. :huh:

Hi PM,

I asked Sam to delete them as upon reflection i concidered them to be offensive and insulting and out of place as i am trying to achieve a better place for my sometimes loathsome character.

Regards, Danny

PS, Thanks Sam, your tolerence is legendary. :beer:

Archived