EELS Thinking Of Changing Tour Name After Meeting Jimmy Page

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

EELS Thinking Of Changing Tour Name After Meeting Jimmy Page

Tuesday, 12 July 2011 | by Jon Stickler

eels_jimmy_page_js_120711.jpg

* Photo Credit: Ross Halfin

Legendary axsmith Jimmy Page attended the EELS show at London's Somerset House last Thursday evening, 7th July, now EELS frontman Mark Oliver Everett (aka E) is thinking of changing the name of their upcoming tour.

The Led Zeppelin mastermind attended the backstage area for a rare rock royalty summit with the EELS leader, this coming just weeks after the rock legend shared the microphone with Ringo Starr at the Norwegian Wood Festival and meeting-up with old friend and Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones in Belgium.

Following the meeting, E now says he's "thinking about re-naming our 'TREMENDOUS DYNAMITE in 2011' tour the 'EELS MEET ROCK ROYALTY in 2011" tour.

http://www.stereoboa...t/view/166564/9

Following the meeting, E now says he's "thinking about re-naming our 'TREMENDOUS DYNAMITE in 2011' tour the 'EELS MEET ROCK ROYALTY in 2011" tour.

I'd stick with Tremendous Dynamite; E's got to be a shoo-in for the Most Likely to Be Questioned by Airport Security Award.

I've seen both the eels and Mark E solo several times, but they've never knocked me out the way they have the critics. All I hear are rave reviews but my reaction has always been "eh, they're okay".

Maybe I'm missing the E gene.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very interesting. Although I like the original name for the tour, I guess it would be a nice honor/homage to Jimmy. Either way, he's got a solid name for his tour.

Thanks for the article post.

Archived