Misty Mountain Hop Writers?

Sorry for posting yet another question but I know that Misty Mountain Hop was written by Page/Plant/Jones but we're having a debate as to who the main inspiration for the song came from. One of us thinks Plant the other thinks JPJ came up with the riff and slightly odd timing that the whole thing was based around.

Sorry for posting yet another question but I know that Misty Mountain Hop was written by Page/Plant/Jones but we're having a debate as to who the main inspiration for the song came from. One of us thinks Plant the other thinks JPJ came up with the riff and slightly odd timing that the whole thing was based around.

in this month's classic rock magazine special feature on the 4th album, jimmy states that he came up with the main riff and that jonesy later came up with the chords for the other section and arranged the song

in this month's classic rock magazine special feature on the 4th album, jimmy states that he came up with the main riff and that jonesy later came up with the chords for the other section and arranged the song

And Robert Plant, of course, wrote the lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...

First the TSRTS = Sparks imbroglio, now this. You're 0 for 2 Zeppelin Led, one more and you've struck out. Either get your ears checked or lay off the drugs.

I will give you this, it does sound like dozens of other garage-rock tunes I've heard.

Come on dude I debate all the time on youtube defending zeppelin.

I'm not saying what they done is bad I'm saying the riff WAS used before even if you can't accept that.

I accept that you think the riff "Was" used before, however, I disagree.

Oh God only knows how original Zeppelin was with everything they ever wrote and played.......ever. No riff ever existed before Zeppelin played it. :angry:

The bass line on this tune has a very vague resemblance to Misty Mountain Hop..........but it's not in rip off land.

Listen to "Taurus" by the band Spirit then get back to me on that one.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."

-Albert Einstein

I had to pause listening to Cowboy Junkies for this by the way.....................

Listen to Davy Graham's "Cry Me A River" and you'll see where Spirit stole that riff from.

Interesting, I never heard of him before.

One of the replies from the YouTube thread for this particular video:

"yep. jimmy page would steal a riff from anyone. especially those he respected. if jimmy was 19 today his studio name would be Bit Torrent."

You really think Spirit had heard of Davy Graham? Spirit never toured with him, I'm pretty sure of that. They toured with Zeppelin though.

Like I said, interesting.

Interesting, I never heard of him before.

One of the replies from the YouTube thread for this particular video:

"yep. jimmy page would steal a riff from anyone. especially those he respected. if jimmy was 19 today his studio name would be Bit Torrent."

You really think Spirit had heard of Davy Graham? Spirit never toured with him, I'm pretty sure of that. They toured with Zeppelin though.

Like I said, interesting.

Graham is one of the great british fingerstyle players.

Check out his song She moved thru the fair aka White Summer.

Also Check the chocolate watchband ''and she's lonely''

I don't get why people get so uptight about the stairway thing I'm guessing its the just wanna piss off the fans I mean if you play 15 seonds of 2 songs is just a farce act .

Archived