College Basketball 2011-2012 season

Walter

GO ORANGE!!

Can't believe how deep and talented this year's Syracuse team is.....VERY EXCITING!! It will be interesting to see how much things change now that conferences are in full swing! Big Ten looks much stronger this year...

^Agreed! I'm gonna miss the battles with G'Town, 'Nova, the Johnies, UConn, the Hall, etc....but it'll be good to see them against Duke and Carolina to measure up for the tourney! I BLEED ORANGE!!!

Glad to know we have two things in common dazedcat! ;)

Wow. We all agree on something. My daughter graduated class of 2006. My uncle also is a grad and all of my daughters new family are Syracuse Grads. I did not go there myself but I sure paid alot of my daughters bookstore bills. So I am a big fan also. Go Orange. I hope they can get it done like in 2003 her freshman year.

Hey maybe we ought to start a "Syracuse Is The Greatest University In the Entire World" thread :lol:

Just kidding. I graduated in '77 so my time there pre-dates the Big East (Carrier Dome too for that matter) so I think that's why this ACC move doesn't bother me very much. Sometimes change is good.

Hey maybe we ought to start a "Syracuse Is The Greatest University In the Entire World" thread :lol:

Just kidding. I graduated in '77 so my time there pre-dates the Big East (Carrier Dome too for that matter) so I think that's why this ACC move doesn't bother me very much. Sometimes change is good.

Lets hope they can get it done and win the tournament.

Back in the days of Manley Fieldhouse - the "Louis and Bouie Show"! I remember that team well, even though I wasn't even 10 yet - Marty Head, Eddie Moss, Roosevelt Bouie, Louis Orr, Dale Shackleford, etc......

Carrier Dome came in 1981 - remember the multi-overtime game vs. Villanova for the Big East title at the Dome in '81? Leo Rautins, Tony "Red" Bruin, Eric Santifer...

Great "Orange" history!

You just knew the academic bullshit rules were going to do in Syracuse. I just do not understand how they can do shit like this? I mean, if you are going to not allow guys to play a game or two because of grades at this level then why even allow them the scholorships for sports. Fucking bullshit.

Back in the days of Manley Fieldhouse - the "Louis and Bouie Show"! I remember that team well, even though I wasn't even 10 yet - Marty Head, Eddie Moss, Roosevelt Bouie, Louis Orr, Dale Shackleford, etc......

Carrier Dome came in 1981 - remember the multi-overtime game vs. Villanova for the Big East title at the Dome in '81? Leo Rautins, Tony "Red" Bruin, Eric Santifer...

Great "Orange" history!

Don't forget Duane "Pearl" Washington. We used to drive out to Syracuse just to watch him play. The guy was something else.

I actually was able to meet "Pearl" Washington. My step-aunt was his tutor and we met at the end of his freshman season. I still remember the press conference he had just to announce he was choosing Syracuse over St. John's. Remember that half court shot to beat BC?

Still smarting after last nights loss, but good to get a loss out of the way and get back focused on the national championship - which, btw, they need to learn to rebound in order to achieve!

That is total bullshit. I agree. But just wait for the tourny. That is all that will count in the end. We have a good shot

They played tough on Monday @ Cincinnati without Fab Melo. Hope they get his academic issues under control soon!! They will be awesome!!!

They played tough on Monday @ Cincinnati without Fab Melo. Hope they get his academic issues under control soon!! They will be awesome!!!

And they would still be unbeaten if not for this issue. Gee. Do you think they hold football players to the same standards? How many free passes do you think the U of Miami or USC has given out over the years? Joke.

Can't believe how deep and talented this year's Syracuse team is....

I take this statement back - if one guy out brings this team down as far as it has fallen, that doesn't bode well for their future tourney hopes! Come on 'cuse get back on your game!

• 3 weeks later...

CJ Fair RULES!!!

SU beats Louisville 52-51 on the road!

26-1......

:)

Two different sports "expert" handicappers picked Louisville. But they may have actually covered the spread? I think it was 3? SU I am hoping will win the tournament. My duaghter and husband are excited no doubt. Both grads

SU had lost to them the last 7 times they played and every game since Louisville joined the Big East. Pitino has had the Orange's number since leaving Providence. A win is a win, especially having to play that hard on the road against a team that is playing as well as the Cardinals have been playing.

• 1 month later...

NCAA Tourney has begun and nobody has anything to say???

'cuse got by in the round of 64 - winning 72-65....I'm 8/8 so far in my bracket, although it has been all favorites winning thus far!

I took a shot with Long Beach State who went down in flames, played well but they lost. Friggin' VCU just busted one of my brackets, I had Wichita State going to the Sweet 16.

If I wasn't a 'Cuse alumni, I'd have to say UC Asheville got hosed. Of course I won't though......

I love college hoop.

Archived