Facebook's False Frame of Reference

Jahfin

• 1 month later...

Like any tool it comes down to how that instrument is applied & the results can be good or bad. Facebook is a great tool if applied well & it can be horrible for when it's not. I've greatly benefitted from it since I moved away from NYC 2 & a half years ago. I'm in touch with my friends on a daily basis thus subsiding my homesickness which I feel ofen, I still know what's going on in my former enviorment, I've gotten to know my new friends in my current enviorment through what they feel more open to share on the public forum rather than in the workplace where professionalism takes precedence, & I've reconnected with people who also moved away from our once shared physical enviorment. If people want to gossip & post narcissitic images of themselves that's their business as that's their character in every day life as well, for others like myself well it comes down to sharing memories & making new ones.

The most beneficial part for me has been meeting up with some old friends from my college radio days in the early to mid-80s. We already have a group on FB but actually seeing each other in person for the first time in nearly 30 years wouldn't have happened without FB. That's led to us resurrecting our old station as an online version which has been a great deal of fun.

• 1 month later...

Archived