We Need Rain!

2bitnogoodjive

Well 2bitnogoodjive and DAS, we have been fortunate in Florida so far....pretty typical summer rain pattern going on here. Wish I could send some your way. But for now I'll offer up these 2 songs for you to listen to. Who knows, they say if you wish for something hard enough, it may come true. Here's wishing for some Rain for those who need it.....Missy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttgCTJoGo08&feature=related

Well thanks. I never knew who sand the second one. Hearing songs about rain actually sounds better than usual now. I doubt the drought would effect what you like to listen to right?

Hi Missy! Btw, 2bit is from down here in the Sunshine State...as far as this drought situation goes, it's all that liberal fuzzy science designed to raise your taxes, right?

The weather phenomenon known as El Nino actually. But leave it to a lib to try to turn this unfortunate situation into a political thread.

The weather phenomenon known as El Nino actually. But leave it to a lib to try to turn this unfortunate situation into a political thread.

Are you saying you don't believe in Global Warming? Granted they were wrong about Bird Flu, Monkey Pocks, Sars, Ebola, Global Cooling, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, A lack of legal abortions wiping out the female population leaving us unable to reproduce, Tax Cuts, The Second Amendment, BP Oil Spill, Christians, Fox News, Capitalism, Talk Radio and pretty much everything else that was going to destroy the human race but this probably legit.

First, you're usual level of assumption is wrong again...it's not a political situation at all, is a human being situation. How many El Niño's have there been? When was the last time the droughts were this drastic? They don't correlate. Climate change is happening, but it would be better to dismiss it as a weather phenomenon than to think anyone has any control over the changes occurring before our eyes. It's all in God's plan.

Are you saying you don't believe in Global Warming? Granted they were wrong about Bird Flu, Monkey Pocks, Sars, Ebola, Global Cooling, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, A lack of legal abortions wiping out the female population leaving us unable to reproduce, Tax Cuts, The Second Amendment, BP Oil Spill, Christians, Fox News, Capitalism, Talk Radio and pretty much everything else that was going to destroy the human race but this probably legit.

Guess this was the rope Electrophile was speaking of....:blink:

Das:

Now..now..there's lots of fruit and vegetable farmers, as well as, cattle and hog producers and last but not least dairy farmers up here in The GWN..

I know the drought is scary...we just have to have faith Mother Nature will find a way to solve this problem....

First, you're usual level of assumption is wrong again...it's not a political situation at all, is a human being situation.

You're the one who brought up the "liberal fuzzy science designed to raise your taxes" idea in the first place so how is my assumption wrong? I said it was an unfortunate situation, not a political thread.

How many El Niño's have there been? When was the last time the droughts were this drastic? They don't correlate. Climate change is happening, but it would be better to dismiss it as a weather phenomenon than to think anyone has any control over the changes occurring before our eyes. It's all in God's plan.

El Niño weather conditions have been known to exist for centuries and caused horrific droughts that may have led to the extinction of ancient pre-Columbian Peruvian cultures. That sounds kind of drastic to me. Severe droughts have happened before and will happen again and again because of weather patterns regardless of supposed "climate change".

I think the whole climate change argument is about a great a exercise in vanity as you could hope for. If it's hot global warming is making it hot. If it's cold global warming is making it cold. If it's a nice day your grandkids will never know a day like this because of global warming. :blahblah:

You're the one who brought up the "liberal fuzzy science designed to raise your taxes" idea in the first place so how is my assumption wrong? I said it was an unfortunate situation, not a political thread.

El Niño weather conditions have been known to exist for centuries and caused horrific droughts that may have led to the extinction of ancient pre-Columbian Peruvian cultures. That sounds kind of drastic to me. Severe droughts have happened before and will happen again and again because of weather patterns regardless of supposed "climate change".

The first part was said tongue in cheek, which you obviously didn't get. Seeing you are our resident el niño authority, how often does el niño supposedly occur? When was the last time the droughts were this severe in middle America? Donuts to dollars, you thought the whole idea of el niño/la nina was horse shit when it first was talked about 20 years ago....just like climate change.

We're no stranger to extreme drought conditions here and besides other problems, they always invitebly affect the cost of produce, which then has an ongoing affect on the price of products on the market shelves.

I heard today, that your drought will create a massive shortage of grain, which in turn will cause large price hikes of many other products reliant on grain. Besides the obvious bread and flour produce, items that we don't automatically think of as being grain dependant, like eggs and milk as well (cows, chickens eat grain). This isn't just going to happen in your country, but world wide.

Obviously, the robust U.S. economy over the last three+ years is the cause for this summer's (cyclical) drought.

Luckily, as smart as Washington is, we probably have a czar or two in the 'burbs of D.C. knowing who to finger this global changing warming climate on.... and the perps should pay heavily. Even though they didn't build it... somebody else made that happen.

Do the right thing people, carbon credit yourself to remain guilt free, and ride your bike to work. Bikepool when you can

Archived