Mothership #7 on Billboard

"Mothership", a 24-track, two-CD comprehensive collection that spans LED ZEPPELIN's illustrious career, has sold 136,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 7 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"Mothership" contains material from all eight of the band's classic studio albums, with the tracks being personally selected by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, and John Paul Jones. "Mothership" includes landmark songs such as "Whole Lotta Love", "Immigrant Song", "Kashmir", "Rock And Roll", "Dazed And Confused", "Stairway to Heaven". The set also includes new liner notes.

An e-card for "Mothership" is available at this location.

New Zealand #1

Norway #2

Uk#4

Australia #8

Japan #8(international chart)

Germany #7

Finland#13

Spain # 15

Any others people know of?

WOW! Germany #7! That's huge. HTWWW only made it to #15 in Germany.

A few more:

Switzerland #7 (higher than you would expect)

Austria #4 (unbelievable!)

Netherlands #16

Sweden #17

Portugal #21

:cheer:

YAY!

I had to talk myself out of buying both sets of Mothership today. :lol: Like it's any different if you've got the DVD one, right? :lol:

Yeah, I was standing in front of both the other day just staring them down trying to figure out which one to get, and I second guessed myself like 3 times and walked back to get the other one , still wondering if I made the right choice.

Anybody know where it stands in US? I can't seem to find it.

Yeah, I was standing in front of both the other day just staring them down trying to figure out which one to get, and I second guessed myself like 3 times and walked back to get the other one , still wondering if I made the right choice.

Anybody know where it stands in US? I can't seem to find it.

I don't know if that information is out yet, but I could be wrong.

Did it do better than first-week sales for How the West Was Won? Hopefully this is a good sign. It'd be fun to see the remastered TSRTS soundtrack open at #1.

How The West Was Won went to #1 in it's first week, which is unheard of for a triple live cd of a 30+ year old concert. I don't think the Song Remains The Same will go to #1 though because a lot of people have the previous version.

This is from Billboard in 2003:

Led Zeppelin scores its first No. 1 album since 1979's "In Through the Out Door" this week with the three-CD live set "How the West Was Won." The Atlantic collection, which combines recordings from two 1972 California concerts, sold 154,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan, and debuts on top of The Billboard 200.

How The West Was Won went to #1 in it's first week, which is unheard of for a triple live cd of a 30+ year old concert. I don't think the Song Remains The Same will go to #1 though because a lot of people have the previous version.

This is from Billboard in 2003:

Led Zeppelin scores its first No. 1 album since 1979's "In Through the Out Door" this week with the three-CD live set "How the West Was Won." The Atlantic collection, which combines recordings from two 1972 California concerts, sold 154,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan, and debuts on top of The Billboard 200.

Alciia Keys is standing in the way of TSRTS reaching number 1, I don think a doble disc package will be able to eclipse her second week sales given iin the first week it sold over 700 K

Mothership would have been higher if it had not been for so many big releases in last couple of weeks Alicia Keys,Garth Brooks,The Eagle,Celine Dion etc

Did it do better than first-week sales for How the West Was Won? Hopefully this is a good sign. It'd be fun to see the remastered TSRTS soundtrack open at #1.

HTWW shifted 150 k in first week if memeory serves me correctly; I dont think TSRTS will match that given cannabalization with past cd and dvd release(current and past)

HTWW shifted 150 k in first week if memeory serves me correctly; I dont think TSRTS will match that given cannabalization with past cd and dvd release(current and past)

Don't think TSRTS will sell much at all. Mothership did very well so far, but all the media attention and record company promotion was on Mothership. Promotion for TSRTS (both CD and DVD) was next to nothing. Just look at how poor sales on Amazon are (currently only at #65 in music). It's a pity, since TSRTS actually offers some new material and is the more exciting release IMO. But I'm sure Mothership will be the bigger seller by far.

Don't think TSRTS will sell much at all. Mothership did very well so far, but all the media attention and record company promotion was on Mothership. Promotion for TSRTS (both CD and DVD) was next to nothing. Just look at how poor sales on Amazon are (currently only at #65 in music). It's a pity, since TSRTS actually offers some new material and is the more exciting release IMO. But I'm sure Mothership will be the bigger seller by far.

I think you're exactly right.

The DVD will be number 1 in many countries next week

Mothership proves to be a steady seller in the UK. In the UK album charts it's #5 this week, after entering at #4 last week.

TSRTS soundtrack didn't even make the Top 40 in the first week following its release.

UK chart for sondtrack enters at a whopping # 73 should do much much better in North America and Japan I think

Mothership just confirms what i always suspected the Brits love their compiliation albums

What did TSRTS entered UK at or the DVD?

Looks like Mothership in Canada should be around 6 or 7 not sure yet.

New Zealand #1 This week(#1 Last week)

Norway #1 TW,#2 LW

Japan #7 This week,(#8 Last week): Overal Chart

Ireland#3 This Week(#5 last week)

Australia #10 TW(#8 LW)

France #17TW(#19 LW)

Canada debuts at #7

Any other countries out there?

Led Zeppelin IV#90 in UK

Song Remains the Same CD #10 Japan overall Chart,DVD#4 overall chart,(#1 internation chart)

Any info on the Song Remains the Same?

Archived