Soundboards...

tom kid

I think I have that Jan. 24th show.

I get it...let's not run what made the show (Blueberry Hill) such a popular experience for music fans. One crystal clear example of a soundboard that would be nice is Bath. No emotions or ambiance to ruin with that recording...it can only get better :P

You Bath-hater, you! :P

It's the earliest known recording of "Immigrant Song" and "That's the Way." Some say that it is one of Zeppelin's best performances. It's rumored to have been filmed and multi-tracked, a highly debated topic.

Personally I feel that it has been talked up to a point of becoming legendary and I'm not so sure will live up to the hype. Time will tell though.

:tomato:

Will definitely be checking that out. I have actually read about the "Is there a pro shot of the show" thing, so it must have been pretty good.

I'm sure it was professionally recorded - at least in terms of the audio. Not sure if we'll ever see a release, though.

I still hope for the Pontiac Silverdome soundboard and pro-shot footage :D

YES, YES, AND MORE yes. One or the other, I don't care. I would also love a SBD of 6/26/77.

+1 on a Bath SBD.

As far as I'm concerned, if SBD's of either 3/21 or 3/27/75 ever come out, I'll never need another '75 SBD ever again.

Would also love a SBD of 9/19/70, 11/20/71, or 6/19/72.

Of the "likely to exist" shows, Boston 1/26/69, Bath 1970, Osaka 9/28-29/71, Seattle 6/19/72, March/April 1973 Euro shows, Long Beach 3/12/75, and LA 6/22/77 and 6/23/77 are the ones I'd be interested in. Bath 1970, mostly just to hear, as I imagine that any soundboard recording is probably not so great, even if it really does exist. The video of other acts from that festival is terrible, so I would imagine that Zeppelin's is in similar quality, and that the audio is probably not quite what Texas Pop 69 was. I think of the soundboard snippet from Montreux 3/7/70. Yes, it's a sbd source for the radio, but it really doesn't sound so hot.

Not really interested in a soundboard from Seattle 3/21/75, which I know is blasphemy. For some reason, that show never did it for me. It has a similar vibe to Nassau 2/14, where the band are playing well, and they extend the set, but the overall vibe is somewhat tired in the middle of it. Vancouver 3/19 and 3/20 are much hotter shows, and we already have them. I wonder if more people will realize how good those shows really are once Seattle 3/21 does come out.

Archived