I would like to ask English - speaking people, for who English is the first language, about the way Robert talks.

I'm not English - speaking person, with regard of country of my origin, which is Poland, but I really love the way he talks.

When I'm listening to his interviews, I can clearly understand most of what he is talking about. I don't know if his diction is so good - maybe you tell me - it's not that obvious for me and it would be very interesting for me - or if it's just his intelligence and clear talking, if you know what I mean. I saw lots of his interviews, and it was really nice to listen to them. Beautiful, full sentences... I love his mind :)

I really see the difference between Robert an many other famous people in this matter. Not to mention that he has lots of interesting things to say.

What's your opinion? Please, share it with me.

Yeah, he speaks very clearly and doesn't have a really broad accent. But Ozzy Osbourne, Liam Gallagher, or the Beatles - sometimes people can't tell what they say

And Plant is obviously very intelligent; he doesn't use typical, boring stock phrases, repeat the same tired old things, or rely on "Rock n Roll" clichés, like Jagger and Richards do

And he's not as rough or as coarse as Lemmy from Motörhead. Robert is more spiritual

Hope this helps...!

(I have a friend from Witowice and a friend from Szczecin)

I agree with you Monetisn. Robert is always very thoughtful in most interviews and does speak pretty clearly. Just wondering but are you familiar with the kashubian people in your homeland of Poland? just wondering?...cheers Richard

Robert's great to watch and/or listen to during his interviews.His answers are always intelligent and witty,unlike some of the earlier press he did where he seemed to hold back somewhat and appear to be a little serious.

Or maybe he was just ripped? :whistling:

RP's always entertaining and not afraid to say what he thinks.

I like Jonesy during interviews too but he never seems to say enough.

I agree with you Monetisn. Robert is always very thoughtful in most interviews and does speak pretty clearly. Just wondering but are you familiar with the kashubian people in your homeland of Poland? just wondering?...cheers Richard

Kaszuby is a totally difference region than this where I'm living. Mine is Wielkopolska (Great Poland). But I know that Kaszubas (in Polish: Kaszubowie) have very rich folk culture, they even have their own language, which is only little similar to official Polish. It has lots in common with Geman, and western slavonic languages, I guess.

About Robert: I'm very happy that I'm not wrong about him. Because I'm not English, sometimes it takes me a while before I understand some of his hints or innuendos, sometimes I must listen an interview for the next time, but it always amuses me. And - which is important to me too - it helps me to learn more English, which I'm trying to improve all the time :)

Robert's great to watch and/or listen to during his interviews.His answers are always intelligent and witty,unlike some of the earlier press he did where he seemed to hold back somewhat and appear to be a little serious.

Or maybe he was just ripped? :whistling:

RP's always entertaining and not afraid to say what he thinks.

I like Jonesy during interviews too but he never seems to say enough.

Yes, I think it was possible he was ripped. ;) Or, maybe, he was a little bit shy those days, having Pagey beside him. Who, by the way, I don't really like to listen to, because, for me, he doesn't speak so clearly, as Robert does. He seems to be... withdrew or something. It's hard to explain it, but I saw it in many interviews. Like he is shifting the responsibility of answering onto Plant.

Oh, and I have a family in Toronto, Ont. :) Cheers!

Kaszuby is a totally difference region than this where I'm living. Mine is Wielkopolska (Great Poland). But I know that Kaszubas (in Polish: Kaszubowie) have very rich folk culture, they even have their own language, which is only little similar to official Polish. It has lots in common with Geman, and western slavonic languages, I guess.

About Robert: I'm very happy that I'm not wrong about him. Because I'm not English, sometimes it takes me a while before I understand some of his hints or innuendos, sometimes I must listen an interview for the next time, but it always amuses me. And - which is important to me too - it helps me to learn more English, which I'm trying to improve all the time :)

I think the other thing about Robert is he loves to laugh and he has an overall fun attitude for most of the time. I've seen him on David Letterman's show (and other interviews) and he had some good laughs with both Paul Shaeffer and Dave........as for the Kaszubas, the reason I ask, is that a little north east of here in the town of Wilno Ontario, there is a historical population of Polish immigrants who came to Canada many years ago. A good friend of mine "Mel Shulist" has a brother who along with others is reinvigorating the Polish culture in the town and surrounding area. He has also done so for the Kaszubas heritage.

If you are interested here is a link.......http://www.wilnovillager.on.ca/

cheers, Rich

I think the other thing about Robert is he loves to laugh and he has an overall fun attitude for most of the time. I've seen him on David Letterman's show (and other interviews) and he had some good laughs with both Paul Shaeffer and Dave........as for the Kaszubas, the reason I ask, is that a little north east of here in the town of Wilno Ontario, there is a historical population of Polish immigrants who came to Canada many years ago. A good friend of mine "Mel Shulist" has a brother who along with others is reinvigorating the Polish culture in the town and surrounding area. He has also done so for the Kaszubas heritage.

If you are interested here is a link.......http://www.wilnovillager.on.ca/

cheers, Rich

Thank you for a link. I heard about this town couple of years ago in Polish TV. But funniest thing is that the real, original Wilno is not Polish city anymore :) Wilno, now Vilnius in English, is a city in Belarus and don't have and, I guess, never had anything in common with Kaszubas :) As far as I know, at least. Historically it was a very important city for Poland in XVI th century and further. After WWII lots of Polish people must have escape from Vilnius, because city became a part of Soviet Union. Still, many Polish people who came from those lands are visiting Vilnius and Lvov (Lwów) in Ukraine as a kind of Mekka or something. Even if most of inhabitants of those cities doesn't like Polish people too much.

Interesting digretions we have here, huh? :)

About Robert - I really love to watch him smiling. I think he still is a hippie in his soul and he will never stop to be. Actually I don't believe that he is not smoking something from time to time ;) And he has a great sense of humour, which appeals to me very much. I can easily imagine him making stupid (sometimes) jokes to his band mates and others or making good, intelectual laugh at someone who's not quite sure what was hitting him, if you understand what I mean.

Thank you for a link. I heard about this town couple of years ago in Polish TV. But funniest thing is that the real, original Wilno is not Polish city anymore :) Wilno, now Vilnius in English, is a city in Belarus and don't have and, I guess, never had anything in common with Kaszubas :) As far as I know, at least. Historically it was a very important city for Poland in XVI th century and further. After WWII lots of Polish people must have escape from Vilnius, because city became a part of Soviet Union. Still, many Polish people who came from those lands are visiting Vilnius and Lvov (Lwów) in Ukraine as a kind of Mekka or something. Even if most of inhabitants of those cities doesn't like Polish people too much.

Interesting digretions we have here, huh? :)

About Robert - I really love to watch him smiling. I think he still is a hippie in his soul and he will never stop to be. Actually I don't believe that he is not smoking something from time to time ;) And he has a great sense of humour, which appeals to me very much. I can easily imagine him making stupid (sometimes) jokes to his band mates and others or making good, intelectual laugh at someone who's not quite sure what was hitting him, if you understand what I mean.

Thanks for the info! I will pass this on to my Polish pals up north. Yes, we digressed but it's fun, and with you in Poland, and me in Canada right now, we're making the world a little smaller and a whole lot friendlier. How/why and when did you get into Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant? Just wondering? It's always interesting to find out how other folks found the band....Cheers Rich ...By the way, your English is great!

Thanks for the info! I will pass this on to my Polish pals up north. Yes, we digressed but it's fun, and with you in Poland, and me in Canada right now, we're making the world a little smaller and a whole lot friendlier. How/why and when did you get into Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant? Just wondering? It's always interesting to find out how other folks found the band....Cheers Rich ...By the way, your English is great!

Thank you for a compliment :) It's nice to hear/read it, because English is a kind of my passion since I was 10. :) Even though, I know that I'm making mistakes. (And now I'm 34.)

I've been listening to Led Zepp since my dad gave me once a 90 minutes long tape: on one side was The Doors - some greatest hits, and the second side was Led Zepp IV. I was 15 then, I guess. At first, I was more into Doors, but I loved Stairway to Heaven. Especially that I heard it before somewhere, on the radio, probably. Soon I couldn't listen to the Doors anymore, because I was starting to feel like suicidal or something :) So, I swiched to the other side and.... that was IT. Black Dog, When the levee... You know. I had thrills down my spine. I realized that this music sounds better when it's louder and louder and I wasn't that nice girl I was before anymore :) My dad also showed me Deep Purple, and first of all - The Beatles, his great, if not the greatest love. I had my favourite Beatles' songs when I was 5! Years were passing, and I was listening difference kinds of music - reggae from Marley, Peter Tosh and others, Queen - long before Freddie's sad death, but Zepps were always somewhere in my head. I remember myself thinking that it's a shame that vocalist from Zepps is not more handsome, because it would be nicer to listen to them, hahahaha... Well, I was a teenager then and my hormones took control over me ;) My favourite male type was someone like Peter Steele from Type O Negative. I can't believe now how childish I was. I changed my mind about Percy little bit later, of course. So, step by step, I was collecting Zepps albums, first on tapes, then on CDs, books - translated into Polish and in English and that's how it works till today. I think, that Led Zeppelin for me is the same as The Beatles for my dad. And, guess what. My 4 years old daughter knows all members of Led Zepp by name and recognize them on photo :) Which is pretty easy, because concerts on DVD are very often played in my house, and I have some pictures of the band on my walls. She also has her favourite Zepp's songs. The only problem she has is with JPJ. She thinks that his surname is... Lennon! :) John Paul Lennon. But soon, it will change, for sure.

Thank you for a compliment :) It's nice to hear/read it, because English is a kind of my passion since I was 10. :) Even though, I know that I'm making mistakes. (And now I'm 34.)

I've been listening to Led Zepp since my dad gave me once a 90 minutes long tape: on one side was The Doors - some greatest hits, and the second side was Led Zepp IV. I was 15 then, I guess. At first, I was more into Doors, but I loved Stairway to Heaven. Especially that I heard it before somewhere, on the radio, probably. Soon I couldn't listen to the Doors anymore, because I was starting to feel like suicidal or something :) So, I swiched to the other side and.... that was IT. Black Dog, When the levee... You know. I had thrills down my spine. I realized that this music sounds better when it's louder and louder and I wasn't that nice girl I was before anymore :) My dad also showed me Deep Purple, and first of all - The Beatles, his great, if not the greatest love. I had my favourite Beatles' songs when I was 5! Years were passing, and I was listening difference kinds of music - reggae from Marley, Peter Tosh and others, Queen - long before Freddie's sad death, but Zepps were always somewhere in my head. I remember myself thinking that it's a shame that vocalist from Zepps is not more handsome, because it would be nicer to listen to them, hahahaha... Well, I was a teenager then and my hormones took control over me ;) My favourite male type was someone like Peter Steele from Type O Negative. I can't believe now how childish I was. I changed my mind about Percy little bit later, of course. So, step by step, I was collecting Zepps albums, first on tapes, then on CDs, books - translated into Polish and in English and that's how it works till today. I think, that Led Zeppelin for me is the same as The Beatles for my dad. And, guess what. My 4 years old daughter knows all members of Led Zepp by name and recognize them on photo :) Which is pretty easy, because concerts on DVD are very often played in my house, and I have some pictures of the band on my walls. She also has her favourite Zepp's songs. The only problem she has is with JPJ. She thinks that his surname is... Lennon! :) John Paul Lennon. But soon, it will change, for sure.

What a long post... Sorry! And my interest in Robert's solo career is a simply continuation of Led Zepp's interest. Even, if I think that some of his albums from 80's weren't that good as they could be... But I love this guy from the head to toes, and he will always be the greatest rock voice ever for me. Even if he's a little bit away from rock'n'roll now.

Cheers, Monika.

What a long post... Sorry! And my interest in Robert's solo career is a simply continuation of Led Zepp's interest. Even, if I think that some of his albums from 80's weren't that good as they could be... But I love this guy from the head to toes, and he will always be the greatest rock voice ever for me. Even if he's a little bit away from rock'n'roll now.

Cheers, Monika.

Hey Monika, your dad seems like a pretty cool guy to be into all the music. Your lucky. When I was in my early teens, my dad gave me a bit of a hard time with the music I was listening to. He didn;t get it. He gets it now, and actually will sit int he car with me listening to the Zeps, Hendrix.

I never saw Zeppelin but saw Robert Plant a couple of times and saw Page&Plant. I really enjoyed everything they did at those show but the Zep DVD and The Song Remains the Same were unbelievable to see, especially for the first time. The O2 concert looks like it is going to be great! I just ordered the concert dvd with the additional Shepperton Studio rehearsal foorage too.....gonna be great....ciao Monika (nice to know your name)....cheers Rich,

Hey Monika, your dad seems like a pretty cool guy to be into all the music. Your lucky. When I was in my early teens, my dad gave me a bit of a hard time with the music I was listening to. He didn;t get it. He gets it now, and actually will sit int he car with me listening to the Zeps, Hendrix.

I never saw Zeppelin but saw Robert Plant a couple of times and saw Page&Plant. I really enjoyed everything they did at those show but the Zep DVD and The Song Remains the Same were unbelievable to see, especially for the first time. The O2 concert looks like it is going to be great! I just ordered the concert dvd with the additional Shepperton Studio rehearsal foorage too.....gonna be great....ciao Monika (nice to know your name)....cheers Rich,

Oh, I really envy you seeing them live... :) I wish I could do it once in a lifetime. And shake hands with them. Aaahhhh.... sweet dreams. I totally agree with you baout dvds. I ordered Celebration Day too, but I thought that those specials will be in every edition...!? Gosh, I must read about it more carefully. Until now I couldn't, because I was very anxious waiting for he show in cinema. I was taking my friend who never was into Led Zepp - she didn't know them really, and on November 7th I'm going once more with... my dad! :) He is a cool guy. At first, he was teaching me about music, now I'm teaching him :) Just like you and your dad. Bye, Rich!

Oh, I really envy you seeing them live... :) I wish I could do it once in a lifetime. And shake hands with them. Aaahhhh.... sweet dreams. I totally agree with you baout dvds. I ordered Celebration Day too, but I thought that those specials will be in every edition...!? Gosh, I must read about it more carefully. Until now I couldn't, because I was very anxious waiting for he show in cinema. I was taking my friend who never was into Led Zepp - she didn't know them really, and on November 7th I'm going once more with... my dad! :) He is a cool guy. At first, he was teaching me about music, now I'm teaching him :) Just like you and your dad. Bye, Rich!

...one last thing before I take my dog out to the woods for a walk....did you notice my profile photo. That is an autographed photo. I met Robert Plant backstage in Toronto and he signed it. I will send you the story if you like....ok....I am off to the woods...see ya later Monika.

...one last thing before I take my dog out to the woods for a walk....did you notice my profile photo. That is an autographed photo. I met Robert Plant backstage in Toronto and he signed it. I will send you the story if you like....ok....I am off to the woods...see ya later Monika.

I was going to ask you about it. Of course I'm interested in it! I waiting... Have a nice walk.

Yes, I think it was possible he was ripped. ;) Or, maybe, he was a little bit shy those days, having Pagey beside him. Who, by the way, I don't really like to listen to, because, for me, he doesn't speak so clearly, as Robert does. He seems to be... withdrew or something. It's hard to explain it, but I saw it in many interviews. Like he is shifting the responsibility of answering onto Plant.

I'd agree that Robert was possibly a little shy or maybe even overwhelmed by interviews in the early days and he sometimes injected humour into them to loosen up the situation,and himself.

As regards Jimmy,in the group/band interview for Celebration Day New York,it was a little hard to hear him and Jonesy too for that matter because they didn't always lean in to the mics.

In one or two earlier interviews with Jimmy and Robert,Jimmy's voice has just trailed off leaving Robert to finish answering the question.

Robert is the frontman though,on stage and usually for interviews.

• 3 weeks later...

Please tell me you're joking...! (English and Irish accents sound nothing like each other)

Plant is English, from the West Midlands

the beetles were english but they sound irish in some ways to me. and mick jagger is english but he sounds different then the beetles or robert plant so im not joking.

Archived