Is the media & business sexist against men (especially long haired/ban ties)

weslgarlic

I've just watched the film stripes they shaved the male soldiers hair and let the female soldiers keep theirs, surely if being a soldier requires a short hair cut then it should apply to both sexes otherwise its sexist to male or patronising to women, When Katie Perry joins the marines in her latest music video she cuts her hair short ,but the rest of her squadron don't

Here is a Classic case of Sexism for you Wes...

Female Soldiers get an Allowance for their Hair Nets, Stockings/Tights, because they have to wear them...

Male Soldiers who have to Shave every day DON'T get an Allowance for their Blades.Foam/Gel... :o

Female Soldiers get an Allowance for their Hair Nets, Stockings/Tights, because they have to wear them...

Male Soldiers who have to Shave every day DON'T get an Allowance for their Blades.Foam/Gel... :o

What about women who shave ?

I wonder if a male solider stud his ground over growing his hair would be allowed to wear an hairnet and get the same allowance

Because Females are not on the Front Line..

At the end of the Day if a Male wanted to join the Army a Hair Cut wouldn't stop him!!!

Apparently it would deter some who pass themselves off as males. Is that truly what Wes is addressing here. Des he want to join the service and put his mane up in a net? At 45 I think he is beyond being excepted.

I am still confused to his point. Is it:

Is the media media biased? Or

Is his gripe with how the work place expects people to not look like slobs?

Then again he complains about government institutions, ie Military and Police organizations.

Why can't he just man up? is my real question

But the reality is his he can't. So quit your bitching.

Last question: Is this enough food for the troll or do we get the same old but why why why whine from Wes?

Apparently it would deter some who pass themselves off as males. Is that truly what Wes is addressing here. Des he want to join the service and put his mane up in a net? At 45 I think he is beyond being excepted.

I am still confused to his point. Is it:

Is the media media biased? Or

Is his gripe with how the work place expects people to not look like slobs?

Then again he complains about government institutions, ie Military and Police organizations.

Why can't he just man up? is my real question

But the reality is his he can't. So quit your bitching.

Last question: Is this enough food for the troll or do we get the same old but why why why whine from Wes?

Women are treat one way , men another ,If women were either told to grow short hair or cut long hair then master dawg would be spitting feathers

Women are treat one way , men another ,If women were either told to grow short hair or cut long hair then master dawg would be spitting feathers

Men and women are treated differently. That's the way it is.

Men don't get arrested for indecent exposure for being topless at most beaches either..

...and back in the day... women who joined the military did have to wear their hair up, off and above their collars.

When there is true pay equality for equal work, I'll worry about the apparent unfairness of longer hair length acceptance for men as well as for women. Also, I wonder if there is equal acceptance of women with shaved heads in the mainstream business world, particularly in jobs where the individual employees are in the public eye (tv reporters, office receptionists, etc.) as there is for men. What about that, Wes?

I do see men with long hair out in the business world. It's often tied back neatly, but it is long hair, nonetheless. None of the female bank employees or receptionists, etc. I've met have had bald heads.

And Wes,... I'll read whatever thread I want to read, and I'll comment if I want to do so. Even ridiculous threads may contain interesting and/or amusing posts. Until now, I haven't specifically called you out or directed my reply to you. I can be interested in a topic or hope that there will be interesting and entertaining posts without being the least bit interested in you or what you might choose to... contribute.

... so there... and nyah, nyah, nyah.... :bubble:

...and back in the day... women who joined the military did have to wear their hair up, off and above their collars.

When there is true pay equality for equal work, I'll worry about the apparent unfairness of longer hair length acceptance for men as well as for women. Also, I wonder if there is equal acceptance of women with shaved heads in the mainstream business world, particularly in jobs where the individual employees are in the public eye (tv reporters, office receptionists, etc.) as there is for men. What about that, Wes?

I do see men with long hair out in the business world. It's often tied back neatly, but it is long hair, nonetheless. None of the female bank employees or receptionists, etc. I've met have had bald heads.

And Wes,... I'll read whatever thread I want to read, and I'll comment if I want to do so. Even ridiculous threads may contain interesting and/or amusing posts. Until now, I haven't specifically called you out or directed my reply to you. I can be interested in a topic or hope that there will be interesting and entertaining posts without being the least bit interested in you or what you might choose to... contribute.

... so there... and nyah, nyah, nyah.... :bubble:

I suppose if long haired males wore their hair down and women wore theirs shaven then they would be like lions

I suppose if long haired males wore their hair down and women wore theirs shaven then they would be like lions

but... but... but... what about the ... unfairness... of it? Is there a media/business bias against that? I thought that was the... issue... and possible point of these 9 full pages.

Maybe not. I'll ask the long-haired guy at the bank about it. I should ask the shaved-head woman too. Oh wait, there isn't one.

but... but... but... what about the ... unfairness... of it? Is there a media/business bias against that? I thought that was the... issue... and possible point of these 9 full pages.

Maybe not. I'll ask the long-haired guy at the bank about it. I should ask the shaved-head woman too. Oh wait, there isn't one.

I've seen neither serving me

• 2 months later...

Gender is a social construct. That's a fact - our chosen careers, clothing, relationships are not dictated by innate biological differences. Women are not paid less because they are biologically lower than males. Males are not dominant in politics, business, society because they are physically engineered to be so [yes, they are physically larger, but the sexes are intellectually equal]

Our society is just one big coagulated, convulted mess of incongruity; but if I have an opinion to offer, it's that yes, gender discrimination goes both ways especially recently with the rise of misandry, but honestly, women experience much more than men, particularly in the media.

Yeah, sorry this post was kind of gone but idk I'm passionate about this kind of thing so I decided to comment.

So yeah, gj on the long hair, weslgarlic; long hair on guys is pretty much the best thing ever. I hate our ridiculous society, with our gender expectations, that dressing or looking like a woman is shameful to a man, indicative of his sexuality unless he can prove it otherwise.

Appearance is an unreasonable thing to discriminate against, but you can kinda just learn to ignore it. I'm a sixteen year old girl with half my hair shaved off, and I'm asian. That's four things to discriminate against and I experience it often, it pisses me off, but I have to ignore it. The media doesn't help either, with all the feminine ideals they parade around.

And if we're talking about Plant and long hair, let's be reasonable, the floral blouses and silk pants demonstrate really very well just how effeminate he can be (or how masculine he can be regardless of how he dresses, if you want to look at it that way). But for Robert I don't ever think it's been about gender etc, it's just about self expression. Unlike with Bowie, who really just wanted to shock people with his androgyny.

Archived