Is the media & business sexist against men (especially long haired/ban ties)

weslgarlic

You have positive image of female police officers , because you have female police officers , they still do the job regardless of hair length , If had a long haired male police officer , you would then through having a long police male officer thus creating a positive role model like the female police officer , attitudes to things to things that are different is they become accepted.

Wow.

You have positive image of female police officers , because you have female police officers , they still do the job regardless of hair length , If had a long haired male police officer , you would then through having a long police male officer thus creating a positive role model like the female police officer , attitudes to things to things that are different is they become accepted.

The police point is a good one. The narcotics officers dress like slobs to fit in on the streets. They are able to make buys because they look like crap. but guess what? They shave and get a haircut before court. Do you want to know why? Because in the judges eyes they are not credible if hey look like a bum.

The clothes make the man. If you want to be treated like a Gentleman, look the part.

The police point is a good one. The narcotics officers dress like slobs to fit in on the streets. They are able to make buys because they look like crap. but guess what? They shave and get a haircut before court. Do you want to know why? Because in the judges eyes they are not credible if hey look like a bum.

The clothes make the man. If you want to be treated like a Gentleman, look the part.

PLATINUM STAR.

negative stereotypes

That's fine. You're allowed to have your own opinions.

My father is a retired Detective Sargent. I know all about image.

It's EVERYTHING.

Get over it.

Just for fun....

Please offer the class your example of a POSITIVE stereotype, would you?

That's fine. You're allowed to have your own opinions.

My father is a retired Detective Sargent. I know all about image.

It's EVERYTHING.

Get over it.

Just for fun....

Please offer the class your example of a POSITIVE stereotype, would you?

surely the image you mention starts through association in the first place

[how did attitudes change towards women's rights , slavery or gay rights without become into the mainstream

I bet nobody's dictated to you about your hairstyle

Not true!

I once had a horrific dye job, and my father read me the riot act. Gave me a good talkin to about being taken seriously and prospective employers, etc.

I LISTENED. Which meant I had to shut my mouth first.

And change my attitude.

Burn your bra... Cut your hair?? What decade is this anyway?

This is the age of piercings, tattoos and gages ..

(you know those things that make holes in your earlobes the size of a tire).

If you want to be non-conformist wes, knock yourself out.. But long hair is a pretty minor deal these days.

Put a bone in your nose.. and see if you get that management position.

Do what you want, but don't be surprised when the phone doesn't ring..

I can't believe this is up to 5 pages..

Burn your bra... Cut your hair?? What decade is this anyway?

This is the age of piercings, tattoos and gages ..

(you know those things that make holes in your earlobes the size of a tire).

If you want to be non-conformist wes, knock yourself out.. But long hair is a pretty minor deal these days.

Put a bone in your nose.. and see if you get that management position.

Do what you want, but don't be surprised when the phone doesn't ring..

I can't believe this is up to 5 pages..

what decade indeed

There comes a time in every man's life when he has to put away childish things. Unless he wants to be laughed at.

Ozzy Osbourne, Kevin DuBrow and Gene Simmons for instance.

There is some truth to the "if you want to be treated like a gentleman, look like one" statement. Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, David Niven, and Gregory Peck all come to mind.

Ozzy Osbourne, Kevin DuBrow and Gene Simmons for instance.

There is some truth to the "if you want to be treated like a gentleman, look like one" statement. Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart, David Niven, and Gregory Peck all come to mind.

boring old farts ?

Archived