Holiday plans? Care to share?

LedZeppfan77

We're hosting 30+ people at our house for the first time ever; the relative that usually hosts is unable to this year. I have no idea where they will all sit but hopefully it will all go ok! I'm beginning to freak out a bit though about getting the house ready. Clearing everything out of the first floor that's not directly related to Thanksgiving...

Leaving for Iowa tomorrow morning, for the week, my wife's family is up there. Watch a little hockey, drink a little cold beer, and eat a lot of great food ! Not sure what the internet situation will be, so if I don't get a chance to post this week , I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.

My brother and his fiancee are hosting Thanksgiving this year. We'll have my family's usual Thanksgiving Day fare:

Roast Turkey
Beef Brisket

Cornbread dressing

Collard Greens

Green Rice Casserole

Mama's cranberry mold

Rolls
Cornbread

Sweet Potato Pie

I'm supplying the cornbread and the salad. I think I'll do a tossed salad with avocado, bacon, black olives and tomato vinaigrette.

We're hosting 30+ people at our house for the first time ever; the relative that usually hosts is unable to this year. I have no idea where they will all sit but hopefully it will all go ok! I'm beginning to freak out a bit though about getting the house ready. Clearing everything out of the first floor that's not directly related to Thanksgiving...

Yikes! Will you have to do all the cooking?

Yikes! Will you have to do all the cooking?

Thankfully no; it's a potluck! We are fixing a turkey and a ham; at least one veggie side dish, and a couple of desserts/appetizers (and wine). Everyone else is bringing the rest :) We're using disposable plates etc. too.

Archived