Artwork On Celebration Day

CSH1127

I don't like it. It's not the design of the images it's the colors. The classic album artwork (with the exception of HOTH) were all darker and had a vibe to them. Celebration days cover and packaging looks like a carnival poster.

I really like the artwork and the art deco feel. I saw a television commercial for the DVD on Sky Arts 1 (UK channel). It makes use of the same style of artwork and extends the concept to other sites in London. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

It's on the official Youtube channel, and personally I love the artwork. Shepard Fairey again, I just hope this is all original and not another mash up of previous designs like Mothership is.

No, it's not actually! I have only seen it on the Sky Arts 1 channel so far. It features the Zeppelin flying through the streets of London and past famous landmarks with video screens on the sides of buildings showing clips from the film. Very nicely done too and runs for 30 seconds. I have a copy because my DVD recorder was recording a programme at the time and it came on in a commercial break, but I don't have the means to upload it. I just checked the official Youtube channel Celebration Day playlist again and it ain't there.

No, it's not actually! I have only seen it on the Sky Arts 1 channel so far. It features the Zeppelin flying through the streets of London and past famous landmarks with video screens on the sides of buildings showing clips from the film. Very nicely done too and runs for 30 seconds. I have a copy because my DVD recorder was recording a programme at the time and it came on in a commercial break, but I don't have the means to upload it. I just checked the official Youtube channel Celebration Day playlist again and it ain't there.

Is this the one?

I like it maybe in remembering Ahmet and it being titled Celebration Day they wanted a change to something brighter. I do not think the old covers should be redone though and am puzzled by someone doing "artwork" for them...Maybe for inside packaging...no way the originals can have new covers...IV is one of the most iconic covers ever in R&R history

Nope, although the graphics in the one I'm thinking of also feature in the one you have posted. The music used (in order) is Kashmir, Rock and Roll, and Black Dog, and the running time is 30 seconds.

Yes, that was the one I was referring to.

Archived