How unlucky was this?

Back in the day - around 1971, I applied for tickets for the BBC 'In Concert' recordings.

At that time you had no idea and were never told - until you turned up - who was gonna be playing live. So it was very much luck of the draw.

Anyhow I got tickets so me and a mate went to the Paris Theatre in London and queued. Rumours were aplenty, but we'd heard all kinds of rumours about all sorts of things...

Well we got in and settled to watch the band. It was The Kevin Ayers Band. They were okay - entertaining.

But guess who was on the following week?!

How cruel was that?

Luck Works in mysterious ways, mate :) but at least you got to see a real "band" live, now we can only dream about that, at least us, teenagers.

i dont under stand that statement, bands still tour, unless you talking about Zeppelin.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont under stand that statement, bands still tour, unless you talking about Zeppelin.

Bands touring now are not really comparable to those who toured in the 60s, 70s and 80s, Unless you call one direction a band, which presumably you don't, since you're on led zeppelin forums.

Bands touring now are not really comparable to those who toured in the 60s, 70s and 80s, Unless you call one direction a band, which presumably you don't, since you're on led zeppelin forums.

Sorry but I can't agree - there are many bands touring today (certainly not just "One Direction") who are well worth seeing and easily comparable - and completely "real". It's a shame for you if you aren't getting to see them.

Bands touring now are not really comparable to those who toured in the 60s, 70s and 80s,

not really comparable? not AT ALL comparable, I havent been to a show since 2005, there has been nobody touring since then who has screamed 'come and see us, Old Shep', and i don't think there ever will be again, in fact i KNOW there won't, I count myself soooo lucky to have grown up in the 70s, feel so sorry for kids today who can only look back abnd dream

I saw Strange Sensation play at the BBC Maida vale studios which was won in a competition.

I saw hundreds of shows in the 70's and still go to loads now and believe there are many artists/bands worth seeing live. Saw The Black Keys last night, great show.

Archived