Would Anyone Object To This Idea

TheLastSpartan

Don't hate me or anything for this idea lol, just throwing it out there to see peoples thoughts on it :).

Okay, so we all know that O2 was it, it was THE Zeppelin concert, concert of the decade (in my opinion), and the last one. But let us say Zeppelin decided to continue in a small way. Here is what I'm talking about. Lets say JPJ, JP and RP decide that although there will never be another tour or big show, they still get together from time to time (without Jason) and do small acoustic sets. Like for example, just things that would be spur of the moment, like maybe one day when they all aren't busy they ring each other up and say "Hey, wanna do a small guest appearance on such and such show?" and they do a small, couple song acoustic set. Nothing intense, nothing to worry about, just a small mini-gig. They also could do it at like small theaters or even little ballrooms, just unannounced. Like in the middle of a Black Crowes set, during an intermission they clear the stage, disappear and bring out 3 chairs and such and the singer says "Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, Mr. John Paul Jones, Mr. Jimmy Page, and Mr. Robert Plant, performing some of Led Zeppelins acoustic numbers!", and then they just play for about 30 minutes, take a bow and let the main act continue. Just small, unannounced concerts like that. Nothing advertised, no pressure to live up to, just 3 guys living it up. Of course, it is just a dream, and something that will most likely not happen, but hey, it's fun to shoot the shit ain't it? Anyways, enough of my blabbering, what are your guys' thoughts? Feel free to add or subtract any ideas, etc.

Many many years ago I went to see Pat Travers supporting Journey. After Pats blistering set Journey came on to a muted crowd and by the 3rd number many had left (including me) and retired to a hostelry for a few ales.

If the 3 surviving members did this ONCE then do you think that the word wouldn't spread and the venues would be mobbed by thousands of people? And as I mention above do you not think that, say inbetween a Black Crowes set, people would buy tickets just to see Page,Plant and Jones and do one after?

I always thought an acoustic set with the 3 of them is a good idea but to be honest would that look or sound great in Madison Square Garden or The Manchester Arena because that is the sort of venue that the 3 of them would have to do to satsify demands of people like you and me

Many many years ago I went to see Pat Travers supporting Journey. After Pats blistering set Journey came on to a muted crowd and by the 3rd number many had left (including me) and retired to a hostelry for a few ales.

If the 3 surviving members did this ONCE then do you think that the word wouldn't spread and the venues would be mobbed by thousands of people? And as I mention above do you not think that, say inbetween a Black Crowes set, people would buy tickets just to see Page,Plant and Jones and do one after?

I always thought an acoustic set with the 3 of them is a good idea but to be honest would that look or sound great in Madison Square Garden or The Manchester Arena because that is the sort of venue that the 3 of them would have to do to satsify demands of people like you and me

How can people know that Page Plant and Jones are doing a set when it's UNANNOUNCED? The idea is no one knows until they take the stage, they do it rarely, like 3 times a year maybe, and limit it to just smaller theaters and ballrooms and maybe a TV appearance.

They also could do it at like small theaters or even little ballrooms, just unannounced. Like in the middle of a Black Crowes set, during an intermission they clear the stage, disappear and bring out 3 chairs and such and the singer says "Ladies and gentleman, I present to you, Mr. John Paul Jones, Mr. Jimmy Page, and Mr. Robert Plant, performing some of Led Zeppelins acoustic numbers!", and then they just play for about 30 minutes, take a bow and let the main act continue.

I think this could work, but they would have to pick the right act to share the stage with. Jack Bruce maybe - the gran-daddy of Rock? Plus he could use the publicity.

Many years ago they would turn up unannounced at Roy Harper concerts.

Only once did it lead to an onstage jam, and with just Page & Bonham as Robert remained seated & JPJ was not there.

(Harper's St. Valentine's Day concert at the Rainbow on Feb 14 1974.)

So after reading the OP in full, I see no reason to hate on you at all.

You are just throwing your thoughts/ideas out there to add to the discussions of all things Led Zeppelin. Cool!

I, like you as you clearly stated "Of course, it is just a dream", know there will not be an O2 again nor will we see the three of them doing such gigs. But it would be cool. What a treat it would be for, I am guessing, most of the fans.

I had a similar thought when I went to U2's last North American concert on their 360 tour. There were so many rumours of surprise guests that were going around, I had my wish list of who I was hoping for. But there were none. As expected. But hey, like you it was fun to dream about it!

Archived