Ozzy airport is no go says boss

weslgarlic

There are no plans to name Birmingham Airport after Ozzy Osbourne, a spokesman has said. Speculation had been mounting after the label boss who discovered Black Sabbath said he wanted the transport centre to be renamed after the iconic singer. Jim Simpson said: “The message that would carry is instantly international, confident, powerful, unforgettable and says ‘Hey World, we are proud of our own’.” But an official reports: “We’ve no plans to rename the airport. We’re not quite sure where the story’s come from but we’re certainly not in discussions.”

But an official reports: "We've no plans to rename the airport. We're not quite sure where the story's come from but we're certainly not in discussions."

Too damn right. I wouldn't want my local airport renamed after some longhair burnout freak. I mean, it would hardly instil confidence in travellers, now would it?

Too damn right. I wouldn't want my local airport renamed after some longhair burnout freak. I mean, it would hardly instil confidence in travellers, now would it?

What about John Lennon he used to tabs like kids eating smarties, he got an airport named after him

There are no plans to name Birmingham Airport after Ozzy Osbourne, a spokesman has said. Speculation had been mounting after the label boss who discovered Black Sabbath said he wanted the transport centre to be renamed after the iconic singer. Jim Simpson said: “The message that would carry is instantly international, confident, powerful, unforgettable and says ‘Hey World, we are proud of our own’.” But an official reports: “We’ve no plans to rename the airport. We’re not quite sure where the story’s come from but we’re certainly not in discussions.”

Definitive proof that you are gullible with a capital 'G', Mr. Garlic.

This is the oldest trick in the publicity flack's playbook and you fell for it, hook-line-and-sinker.

Nigerians must love you.

:lol:

Actually, let's just rename it to "It's Only Birmingham Airport".

I agree, also our council should rename our airport "it's only Liverpool airport", not everyone loves John Lennon, I think he was a particularly nasty piece of work. Who aleegedly did some pretty nasty things to both of his wives.

I agree, also our council should rename our airport "it's only Liverpool airport", not everyone loves John Lennon, I think he was a particularly nasty piece of work. Who aleegedly did some pretty nasty things to both of his wives.

Don't believe everything you read in that horrible Albert Goldman book. It was a premeditated smear-job, just like his Elvis biography.

Yes, John Lennon had his "Lost Weekend" in LA during the 70s where he shacked up with May Pang, indulged in his vices and behaved very badly indeed. But by all accounts, by 1980 he had cleaned up and reunited with Yoko and Sean and was entering the 80s with a new sense of maturity and contentment.

Don't believe everything you read in that horrible Albert Goldman book. It was a premeditated smear-job, just like his Elvis biography.

Yes, John Lennon had his "Lost Weekend" in LA during the 70s where he shacked up with May Pang, indulged in his vices and behaved very badly indeed. But by all accounts, by 1980 he had cleaned up and reunited with Yoko and Sean and was entering the 80s with a new sense of maturity and contentment.

The Liverpool Echo also wrote a few so called "home truths" about him over 30 years ago,maybe they were just trying to smear his name as well. He allegedly called disabled people draft dodgers. Nice.

Archived