2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Rick you're so adamant on a sweep in Texas tonight that I'm pulling for you. Being a Mets man it's not a big deal, but I do not exactly like the Yanks and have never disliked the O's in any way. Best of luck!

Buck tried to let Tillman go the distance.; I give him credit for trying. Beltre homered and Buck just pulled him for Matusz to try and get the save. 4-2 in the 9th. Tillman almost had the comlete game. Now for Matusz to shut them down.

Wow, I see the Sawx walked off after nearly 5 hours of baseball Sunday night. Now, I remember why I hardly ever watch any regular season tilts between the Sawx & the Yankees. I know it's supposed to be the greatest rivalry in sports, but can you finish a game under 3 hours?

Wow, I see the Sawx walked off after nearly 5 hours of baseball Sunday night. Now, I remember why I hardly ever watch any regular season tilts between the Sawx & the Yankees. I know it's supposed to be the greatest rivalry in sports, but can you finish a game under 3 hours?

Tough loss for Yankees after fighting back. I believe they are in for it tonight as they will visit a very pissed off Texas team with their ace on the mound. Cant see them beating Darvish and a Texas team that has lost 6 of 7. We know they are better than that. The Yankees are banged up and dont have the weapons to match Texas. Tampa is at Boston so the good news is, one of them must lose. We need to take care of business in KC. So what is it with all this talk of the Cubs trading Garza? Is he worth it? He is pitching tonight. I do not know who is on the list of buyers?

Reports are that the Rangers have traded for Garza, but the bigger news is Ryan Braun:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9500252/ryan-braun-milwaukee-brewers-suspended-remainder-2013-season

Braun's statement is pretty much standard fare and obviously written by someone else. Probably, only sorry for getting caught.

^^ I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop as far as other suspensions. I know MLB has has A-Rod in their sights ever since this whole Biogenesis thing started, and there have been a host of other players included in that scandal, even a Bartolo Colon, who I would look at & say how is that guy getting busted for PEDs. Just goes to show you, you never know who is dirty in this day & age. Hopefully, we'll reach a point in the near future where we're not questioning guys about whether or not they are doing roids.

My boys are doing fine with their number 5 man in the rotation. At KC and watching them up 5-2. Man are the Dodgers on fire or what? Kicking the shit out of Toronto who is now official toast. Hear that Mr Blue Jay poster from last week? Hear that? Toast. Dodgers are fucking taking no prisoners. Yankees got beat by Darvish as I expected. Faced a pissed off Texas team. Tampa looks like they will close the lead to 1/2 and we can be 2 1/2 if we hold on here. I am fine with that on July 21st. Especially having swept a very good Texas team. Texas will kick some ass I am sure.

Right now in vegas Detroit, St Louis and yes, the Dodgers are all plus 600 favs to win the series. I will take the Orioles at plus 1500 and take my chances. We are as good or better than all of them. The Dodgers impress me the most lately. Hammel goes tonight and he has been less than spectacualar. If KC rocks him Buck may want to start thinking of pulling him from the starting rotation. Time for him to step up or go to the bullpen. The rest of the staff is doing good. Feldman made me hold my breath a few times but he had so much run support the game was never really in doubt.

Archived