2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Suspensions coming down tomorrow is what I heard on the radio this morning. Oh yeah and A-Roid wants to be a role model for the kids out there! Seriously?!? He really is the biggest narcacist ever!

Great pic of you and your girls, Zepscoda! :)

They say look for Texas to be the most active today at the deadline. I do not understand why they are shopping for offense when it seems they need another top line pitcher? I do not know what Baltimore will do if anything? The Phillies want a boatload for Lee and the Red Sox found that out and thus went to Peavy. Peavy is not Lee. No way. i am not impressed. I do believe the Phillies are nuts not to move Lee if they can get a decent return of good young players. Lee is not going to take them to the promised land.

ps Stop whining Bonger. Your team is not only loaded, but the favorites right now. Please

Texas' bats certainly haven't failed them in this series with the Angels, but I'm sure they might be looking for insurance in case Nelson Cruz gets whacked by the Biogenesis fallout & Texas seems to me to have enough starting pitching already.

The Jake Peavy deal seems interesting from the point of will he hold up, dude has been kind of injury prone, but if he's healthy will it be enough to hold off the Rays & Orioles, time will tell.

Texas' bats certainly haven't failed them in this series with the Angels, but I'm sure they might be looking for insurance in case Nelson Cruz gets whacked by the Biogenesis fallout & Texas seems to me to have enough starting pitching already.

The Jake Peavy deal seems interesting from the point of will he hold up, dude has been kind of injury prone, but if he's healthy will it be enough to hold off the Rays & Orioles, time will tell.

On MLB they are covering the deadline all day. One guy thinks the Orioles may make a move for a starting pitcher or DH? He likes their chances to be in this thing til the end. Geez, with Davis and Jones and 4 gold gloves I should hope so. We are huge favorites to beat Houston with our ex guy Bedard going against Gonzalez tonight. We may get lucky as Boston must fact Seattle's ace pitcher tonight and then probably the king tomorrow. So we may catch the bottom of their rotation. Would be nice to go to the west coast on a winning streak. We have to go to SF and SD,. Not LA. Whew. Great matchup in LA tonight with the yankees at Dodgers. Kuroda and Kershaw. Monster of a game. We need to take care of business and get the bats going against Houston. Alot of distractions today. Just imagine being traded at the deadline, four hours from now. Your whole life is uprooted. You have to move your family. Put your kids in another school. Word is the Phillies are looking to move Young and maybe Lee but they want the farm for Lee. Three young prospects. He is good, maybe even great, but not worth that much

The Tigers are fucking killing all comers lately. Peaking for sure. I see why Bonger was mad about losing Garcia. MLB thinks he is a carbon copy of Cabrera. Of course not quite as good but darn good none the less. Chicago did get a great player. Waiting to see who lands Norris. I hope we leave him. I would rather have Joe Saunders back. He is in play so they say?

Wow, the Tigers and Nats, my World Series pick before the season started. Half of that prediction is looking good right now... :wacko:

Well mine is Baltimore and Nats. We can kiss the Nats goodbye. But not our other picks. I have my cell phone set for alerts just for today for breaking news. I have it on for final score of all Orioles games. But today I do not want to miss any trades. So far pretty quiet. who cares about the Cardinals putting a guy on DL. Not I. Norris was held out of the game last night and I expect someone to grab him by days end. It could be my team but I sort of prefer Sauders? Wouldnt you? The Phillies are holdiing all the cards. Why dont the dumb ass's put a fucking for sale sign in the front yard. did the ass whipping Detroit put on them not teach them where they are?

Saunders pitched well for the O's in the playoffs last year & Bud Norris isn't exactly a proven commodity, so given a choice I would definitely take Saunders.

The Phillies have a lot of players they could unload, I just wonder if their asking price is too high, maybe wanting a shitload of prospects in return? They certainly don't have a shot at anything this year.

Saunders pitched well for the O's in the playoffs last year & Bud Norris isn't exactly a proven commodity, so given a choice I would definitely take Saunders.

The Phillies have a lot of players they could unload, I just wonder if their asking price is too high, maybe wanting a shitload of prospects in return? They certainly don't have a shot at anything this year.

Orioles are interested in Norris is being reported. Twenty minutes for anything to happen

So basically, the O's gave up nothing to get a number 4 or 5 starter, I even hear some talk that Norris could be used out of the bullpen.

They expect he may get a start and try and get 5 good innings and then go to the pen. By next year he could be a solid pen guy. But they had to give up a good prospect named Haden. 6'3'' pitcher that high thiings are expected from. But the O's are in a fight now. The Astros are building for the future. A good deal for both sides. More could come but it has only minutes. We have that solid 3 rotation in Chen, Tillman and Gonzalez. Feldman and Hammel have been on and off so Norris gives them another option. And his numbers are good for playing with a bad team. So now he goes to a winner, so God knows what he can do

ps Tampa puts Moore on 15 day disabled list

Lack of moves by Texas a bit shocking

Bud Norris scheduled to pitch tomorrow, so right out of the gates we're going to see what Bud can do in an Orioles uniform. Harvey pitching tomorrow, that might be troublesome. The Marlins seem to have Harvey's stuff figured out, plus the bupkis run support Matt usually gets.

Bud Norris scheduled to pitch tomorrow, so right out of the gates we're going to see what Bud can do in an Orioles uniform. Harvey pitching tomorrow, that might be troublesome. The Marlins seem to have Harvey's stuff figured out, plus the bupkis run support Matt usually gets.

I just turned this on. i cannot believe this score. Unreal

Archived