2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Texas just nudged Baltimore out of that 2nd wild card spot, but no need to worry. There's a lot of ball left to be played, obviously & Texas is still trying to run down Oakland for the division & the Rangers upcoming schedule certainly looks good enough; Houston, Milwaukee, Seattle, Houston again, the White Sox, the Twins, talk about cupcakes.

And oh yeah, today is Harvey day. Yay, hope the dude can get a friggin' win.

Texas just nudged Baltimore out of that 2nd wild card spot, but no need to worry. There's a lot of ball left to be played, obviously & Texas is still trying to run down Oakland for the division & the Rangers upcoming schedule certainly looks good enough; Houston, Milwaukee, Seattle, Houston again, the White Sox, the Twins, talk about cupcakes.

And oh yeah, today is Harvey day. Yay, hope the dude can get a friggin' win.

I think we will catch Tampa. They have to go to the Dodgers this week. It may take a week or two but I like our chances. Texas has some big holes. The suspension and pitching. Dont think Seattle is a cake walk. Milwaukee is for sure. Last 20 we have are vs the AL East. If we finish tied with Texas by the way, we get the nod.

Looking at the schedule I think Texas wins the West. So Oakland is the team that is going to be in the wild card hunt. And they have some tough series. At Detroit. At Baltimore. etc.

After Colorado comes in we can dispose of Oakland ourselves. And I expect we shall. Now make Norris a solid part of our rotation. Bench Feldman or ship him out.

10 in a row for the Tigers. Verlander looked sharp as hell last nite, which is a good sign. Getting great starting pitching, and beating some damn good pitchers like Strasburg and Masterson in the process. Most of thee games have been barely pat two hours in length.....damn good August baseball. Good to see Victor Martinez swing the bat like his old self. We'll need him.

The Dodgers streak is over. Two shy of the MLB record. Dodgers pathetic offense wasted a good outing by Kershaw. How do you get four hits in an inning and only score one run? How do you get a leadoff double and fail to score? Dodgers blew it.

The Dodgers streak is over. Two shy of the MLB record. Dodgers pathetic offense wasted a good outing by Kershaw. How do you get four hits in an inning and only score one run? How do you get a leadoff double and fail to score? Dodgers blew it.

Strider, don't you think you have to give them a pass? I mean, hell. They have played better than any team except maybe Detroit and went from last to first in a blink of an eye. Its only one loss. They will win the West and maybe even the NL. I like their chances. As for your Tigers Bongman, yes I am impressed. Especially now they have lost their SS. They helped us out and I hope they continue to beat Cleveland. I also have to hope Oakland crumbles. I certainly am not worried about the Yankees any more. We have to take aim at Tampa. But at least the second wild card if we must settle for it. But I think we can catch Tampa if our bats get going as a team,.

If this lead holds up, the Rangers could be within a 1/2 game of Oakland & they get to smack around the Angels one more time tonight, although the A's have a couple of potential cupcakes on their schedule as well, Toronto & Houston. All the American League division races with maybe the exception of the Central look to be going down to the last few days of the season, which I like.

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

If this lead holds up, the Rangers could be within a 1/2 game of Oakland & they get to smack around the Angels one more time tonight, although the A's have a couple of potential cupcakes on their schedule as well, Toronto & Houston. All the American League division races with maybe the exception of the Central look to be going down to the last few days of the season, which I like.

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

Texas will beat Oakland. Too easy a schedule. We are underway. Gonzalez had a guy on 3rd in 1st inning, just like Norris last night and we got 3 outs with no damage. Davis batting. Come on Chris. Put one in the cheap seats

Strider, don't you think you have to give them a pass? I mean, hell. They have played better than any team except maybe Detroit and went from last to first in a blink of an eye. Its only one loss. They will win the West and maybe even the NL. I like their chances. As for your Tigers Bongman, yes I am impressed. Especially now they have lost their SS. They helped us out and I hope they continue to beat Cleveland. I also have to hope Oakland crumbles. I certainly am not worried about the Yankees any more. We have to take aim at Tampa. But at least the second wild card if we must settle for it. But I think we can catch Tampa if our bats get going as a team,.

Just venting, dude. I know they've been on fire of late. So I finally get a chance to kick back and watch a Dodger game and what happens? They lose. I hate when that happens cause it feels like you just wasted three or four hours of your life. Or like soccer fans feel all the time, haha. :P

I don't know about Texas winning the AL West...I think Oakland still has the edge.

Just venting, dude. I know they've been on fire of late. So I finally get a chance to kick back and watch a Dodger game and what happens? They lose. I hate when that happens cause it feels like you just wasted three or four hours of your life. Or like soccer fans feel all the time, haha. :P

I don't know about Texas winning the AL West...I think Oakland still has the edge.

Go see schedule and you will change your mind. Its a joke. Anyway, Davis just slammed number 41, a 3 run shot and we are up 6-3 after blowing a 3-0 lead. Gonzalez pitched a great game, one mistake, and it cost him the win. But he was fabulous. We are still batting, nobody out and up 3 in the 8th!!!!!

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

A`s lost this afternoon, if the Rangers win tonight it's a tie for first in the west......another sweep of the Angels would be sweet. They'll need the pen to be strong with Ogondo taking the mound tonight.

Harvey wins... :yay:

Nice game. Gonzalez pitched a great game too. One mistake. A 3 run shot to tie the game at 3-3 and he only had given up 3 hits before the inning. We quickly returned the favor as Davis cracked number 41 with two on and we proceded to bury those cock a roaches 10-3. On to McCovey cove. Get your fishin nets out. Davis will likely put a few out there. Great news. Feldman is now in the bullpen. So our rotation is now solid. And I love it. Chen, Tillman, Norris, Gonzalez, and maybe Hammel depending. I think we are focused and Buck can get the job done. We have two series with Tampa. One at home vs Oakland. Remember, Texas with that easy schedule should take that division So I believe Oakland enters the wild card race. They must play 3 in Baltimore. We will take them one at a time and I have faith our boys will come through.

Well I guess the Indians' fans got a little testy with the many Tiger's fans at Progressive Field last nite. After several "Let's go Tigers" chants, the Cleveland fans decided to use the same cadence to "Detroit's Bankrupt !". Lol....made me chuckle. C'mon Sherzer....let's broom their asses tonite.

Well I guess the Indians' fans got a little testy with the many Tiger's fans at Progressive Field last nite. After several "Let's go Tigers" chants, the Cleveland fans decided to use the same cadence to "Detroit's Bankrupt !". Lol....made me chuckle. C'mon Sherzer....let's broom their asses tonite.

Thanks for the help. The Indians loss's help us greatly. I do not know if we have ever played at SF? Certainly not since we were any damn good. As impressive as Detroit's run is, Atlanta's is even more. 2002 the A's won 20 in a row. That was the last streak that good. Atlanta just keeps on winning. I never thought they would sweep in Washington. Tampa must to to LA while we go to SF. Here is a shot for us to make a run at them.

Well, unless something screwy happens, Scherzer is going to bring home the 2nd Cy Young in 3 years for the Tigers, not bad. Atlanta's streak looks to be continuing with the Marlins on their schedule, and unlike my Mets, the Braves know how to beat the Fish.

Well, unless something screwy happens, Scherzer is going to bring home the 2nd Cy Young in 3 years for the Tigers, not bad. Atlanta's streak looks to be continuing with the Marlins on their schedule, and unlike my Mets, the Braves know how to beat the Fish.

Do you think Harvey has a shot at the NL Cy Young? Or do you think Corbin has it on record? Harvey should have more wins but his team has cost him just like King Felix's team has cost him a bunch of wins. Tampa goes to the Dodgers and Boston to KC. So they both have some tough series coming up and I am hopeful is a chance for us to make a move. We face a SF team that has played just awful. Tillman comes in tomorrow at 14-3 but its not like he has been that much better than either Chen or Gonzalez who have had some bad luck. Yesterday, Gonzalez just mowed them down until the sixth when he made one mistake and it tied the game at 3-3. We then went on to bury them 10-3 but he did not get the decision, sadly. Chen was cost on one bad pitch his last game. The AL probably will be Sherzer for sure. But the NL? Corbin I think has the best record?

I'm not sure how the baseball writers think, but I have to assume wins play a factor in their decision making but on the other hand I believe Harvey has over 10 no decisions, so the writers should take that into consideration as well. And as I've pointed out before, King Felix won Cy Young in a year where he went 13-12, I believe.

I don't know the exact number of starts he has left, but if Harvey finishes with 13 or 14 wins & has a ERA in the low 2's like he has now, he should get the award. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure how the baseball writers think, but I have to assume wins play a factor in their decision making but on the other hand I believe Harvey has over 10 no decisions, so the writers should take that into consideration as well. And as I've pointed out before, King Felix won Cy Young in a year where he went 13-12, I believe.

I don't know the exact number of starts he has left, but if Harvey finishes with 13 or 14 wins & has a ERA in the low 2's like he has now, he should get the award. Just my 2 cents.

I think Corbin may be his biggest competition. Or the pitcher from the Dodgers?

Whew, the Tigers are putting it on the Indians. The Detroit machine may steamroll all the way through to October.

What about Atlanta? Geez. 13 in a row. And no respect. I mean, beating Cleveland is it any more impressive than sweeping in Washington? Have to give Atlanta credit too. But Detroit helped us out alot. Now the conentration is beating out either Oakland or Tampa. We have 6 w Tampa head on. On to SF tonight with Tillman on the mound. We need to pound them. They pulled out a game vs the lowly Brewers so I would expect us to win . The Yankees are fading fast and now they get Detroit. Ha. I hope Detroit sweeps them. It will take some catching with Sherzer, but even my boy Tillman is 14-3 and only 3 back of him. Things can change but if I had to bet on it, I would pick Sherzer to take it. I was wondering if Detroit may find any problems at the SS position with the suspension of their SS? So far. So good. Lets see how they fair when they play the better teams later. Lets face it, if my boys were in that division we would have a bunch more wins and be fighting for it. It is not the AL East

Archived