2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Yes, the Braves have been impressive, but their history the last several years says they fold quickly in October, so I don't know if this year will be any different, especially if they draw the Dodgers in the first round.

Well you are now talking about the playoffs. I am talking about the streak and the regular season and even with Bobby Cox gone, Atlanta always seems to win. BJ Upton on a tear. But you are right about the playoffs. And I do not know if they would beat the Dodgers. I dont know if anyone in the NL could beat the Dodgers right now. They just went into ST Louis and took 3 of 4. Cincy could be the sleeper in the NL> I realize that being a playoff team they probably can't really be called a sleeper but lets face it, St Louis will be the favorite in the NL and Detroit will in the AL regardless of who else gets in. As for my boys, I still love their chances. I believe they will catch Oakland for sure. And can catch Tampa and Boston. Boston has found out KC is no picnic. KC could slip in the back door too. Alot of baseball left. The only sure bets right now. Atlanta wins the NL EAst. Detroit wins the AL Central. And in my book Texas will win the AL West because of the weak schedule. Lots of good races otherwise, Dodgers should take the West but cannot totally discount Arizona yet. I hope the Dodgers beat up on Tampa. Tonight worries me a little because the Dodgers are coming back to the coast and Tampa is already there waiting. I am hoping my boy Davis puts a couple in McCovey Cove

Rangers pick up Alex Rios from the White Sox for a player to be named later. :hurrah:

Dude, calm the F down. You have a cake walk of a schedule. 9 of us on the board here could win some of those games. Texas will win the West easily. We will have to battle Oakland and Tampa and Boston. We came in there and swept your ass's so do not forget that. so if we see you in the autumn when the leaves turn, maybe you had better hope to avoid Chris Davis and co.

I imagine Jim Johnson made Rick, ebk & the rest of the O's fans sweat, but you pulled out the win & the Sawx and Rays lost, so overall it must have been a good night. The machine that is the Detroit Tigers was temporarily halted, but they still have a 7 game lead, so unless something monumental happens, the Central is theirs.

I imagine Jim Johnson made Rick, ebk & the rest of the O's fans sweat, but you pulled out the win & the Sawx and Rays lost, so overall it must have been a good night. The machine that is the Detroit Tigers was temporarily halted, but they still have a 7 game lead, so unless something monumental happens, the Central is theirs.

I am disgusted be blew the win for Tillman. Tillman pitched a masterpiece. 4 hits, 9 Ks. He deserved bettter.. I leave him in or bring in Hunter or O'Day. No way Johnson with a one run lead until be proves he is back. He almost blew the game. Only incredible defense saved it. Buck put Machado in right field at times. Baltimore has the best defense in baseball. And the announcers say their numbers are possibly the best of all time. That is a statement. 4 1/2 is all the Red Sox have on us. Nothing. Hoping Greinke buries the Rays. We have a shot to make a move on them today. Davis, what a clutch hit in the 10th. Slammed it to the wall, two runs in.

Wow, I just saw the Dodgers came back to win that game. I had no idea. Thought Tampa won. Only 2 ahead of us the pricks

I pay for MLB channel and I cannot watch the Orioles today. FOX has the rights and the stinking Rays are on and they are getting pasted by the Dodgers. 5-0 and men on. Chen has a 1 hitter going against a tough pitcher they have. We are up 1-0. This would be a huge win. Things are starting to really fall into place for us. Cleveland has lost 5 in a row. Oakland lost. Maybe KC can knock off Boston again tonight. Very rare I cannot get a game. Does not seem fair when I bought the channel to watch the Orioles games. Go O's

Well Davis has hit number 42 but nobody on. Down 3-2. One more shot in the 9th. Wieters just SO with two on.

Dude, calm the F down. You have a cake walk of a schedule. 9 of us on the board here could win some of those games. Texas will win the West easily. We will have to battle Oakland and Tampa and Boston. We came in there and swept your ass's so do not forget that. so if we see you in the autumn when the leaves turn, maybe you had better hope to avoid Chris Davis and co.

Yes , the rest of this regular season's schedule is a cake walk but that's how it plays out. This trade is key for next season. Cruz and Murphy are free agents, one if not both will be gone. Rios is under contract thru 2014 and now fills a key role in the outfield next season......Rangers gotta keep winning, despite Oakland´s loss today, they will win more often than not going down the stretch. Wash and the boys need to stay ahead of them.

I hope we see the O´s in the postseason and not just a wild card game this time.

This Astros team is young and is not as bad as their record indicates. Holland better get out of this basses loaded jam.

This Astros team is young and is not as bad as their record indicates. Holland better get out of this basses loaded jam.

I agree. They can be a pain in the ass. Texas is going to win that division by double digits. Oakland will fade. If we must play a one off, I think Tillman can win it. But we are far from that. We are only two back of Tampa now and 5 of Boston. Long way to go. We have Tampa 6 times. We need to fucking kick the shit out of SF tomorrow and I believe we will. Davis has 42. Cabrera is not going to catch him.

Ok Rick, ebk, and any other Oriole fans...please thank the Dodgers for beating Tampa Bay again, saving you from losing ground. ;)

Red Sox fans should give thanks to the Dodgers, too.

Thank you Dodgers!!! :notworthy: We'll take any help available! :)

What a great ending. Cain was cruising along and we were down 2-0. Final score. Orioles 10 Giants 2. Adam Jones hit a three rum shot to make sure. I do not know why Buck is going to start Feldman tomorrow in Arizona? Why? He was going to the pen. Gonzalez was listed as the starter. We are now just 4 back of Boston and Tampa is only 1 1/2 up and if or when the Dodgers bury them tonight, it will be 1. Here we come baby!!!! Go O's!!!!!!!! :toast:

Good start by Kershaw. I have not got to see much of him. Or the Dodgers due to the time. i have the MLB so I can get all teams. I hope they keep the Rays losing streak going.

You can put this one in the books for the Dodgers the way Kershaw is throwing. Makes me wonder what the Dodgers could do in the postseason...

Right now I think the National league is between the Dodgers and Atlanta. Detroit is the favorite in the AL and a deserving favorite. But they do not play in the AL East either. So I believe my boys are in the mix. Boston has alot of offense. I know we have a better defense by far. Pitching? I think our bullpen is better. its going to be a hell of a race. I think the Yankees are toast. The series in Chicago proves it

You can put this one in the books for the Dodgers the way Kershaw is throwing. Makes me wonder what the Dodgers could do in the postseason...

Right at the moment, I wouldn't exactly say it's in the books...

Okay...maybe :)

Right at the moment, I wouldn't exactly say it's in the books...

Are you starting to believe Esther? I hope so. I do

Do not understand why Buck is going with Feldman tomorrow when he said he was going to the bullpen? Maybe he is giving him one more shot? I am not for it but we must do what the boss says

Are you starting to believe Esther? I hope so. I do

Do not understand why Buck is going with Feldman tomorrow when he said he was going to the bullpen? Maybe he is giving him one more shot? I am not for it but we must do what the boss says

It is certainly looking better at this point, Rick. I'm hoping for the best.

One of my closest friends is a Cubs fan (poor guy...) and he says Feldman was a good pickup. So we'll see... fingers crossed!

Cr

It is certainly looking better at this point, Rick. I'm hoping for the best.

One of my closest friends is a Cubs fan (poor guy...) and he says Feldman was a good pickup. So we'll see... fingers crossed!

I think Buck has his fingers crossed and just wants to give the starters an extra days rest. He may believe we can outslug them, which is logical. I was hoping to see Gonzo get the start but he goes Tues. Wed will be something. Tillman vs Corbin. Not impossible to see them both win the Cy Young. That should get Bongman off his seat, with chants of Sherzer. But Tillman is 14-3 and only a blown save ruined a 4 hitter the other night and he should be 15-3. He is only 3 wins back and alot can happen between now and the end. We have 3 gold glovers at least, the best defensive team in baseball, and the RBI and HR leader and a team that leads the majors in HRS. I like our chances and I think in the end, Oakland will be the odd team out. But we want Boston. Only 4 back now. Tampa is only 1 up now. Go O's!!!!!

Arizona is a great hitter's ballpark, so expect to see some balls jumping, hopefully more for the O's than Arizona. The O's need to take care of some of these bottom feeders they have on their schedule. Got the job done in San Diego & San Francisco, now to beat the snakes & Rockies.

My Mets get to take on one of the hottest teams in the league, the Dodgers. Not much to look forward to, except for tomorrow night when it's Harvey. Braves have another cupcake on their schedule, the Phillies.

Archived