How Do You Listen to Your Live Zep?

Feline Overlord

Always with headphones. Back in the 80's, regardless if it was a tape, CD (Late 80's), or album, I ran it through a 10 band eq and listened with a set of cans, not the small walkman phones. Now adays its via computer or tablet, but still use a set of cans, AKG K66 is what I've used for the past 10 years. I got a pair of high priced isolation ear buds for christmas a few years back, but I prefer my old school cans.

Always with headphones. Back in the 80's, regardless if it was a tape, CD (Late 80's), or album, I ran it through a 10 band eq and listened with a set of cans, not the small walkman phones. Now adays its via computer or tablet, but still use a set of cans, AKG K66 is what I've used for the past 10 years. I got a pair of high priced isolation ear buds for christmas a few years back, but I prefer my old school cans.

Thanks for reminding me zepscoda! I use headphones regularly too, AKG 240.

• 1 year later...

How do I listen to my live Zeppelin? With frequent cringing, either at Robert's voice cracks and loose interpretations of what notes are or at Jimmy's frequently forgetting to take his mittens off before going onstage (at least that's how his playing sounds).

Yeah I know that wasn't the question, but I couldn't resist

I always listen to it on headphones while doing other stuff, not a huge fan of listening to it on speakers unless it's a great recording... OH! I do blast it in the car though

As for lossy versus lossless I have every show on flac but the ones on my phone are all mp3 so I can have more shows on there :bubble:

Lossy audio is more accessible than lossless. mp3 files play on everything, where as you have to download some sketchy computer program to listen to flac.

You statement about needing some sketchy prog to play flac files is completely wrong. There are no sketchy programs needed to listen to flac. Any media file can be used to scam users into downloading a player containing viruses or malware. Flac is now accepted by just about all major media players you can name. Winamp, Windows Media Player, VLC player, Monkery Audio Player and more. I have been playing and downloading flac files since their inception and have never had a problem nor was I ever prompted to download a player for them.