Jimmy's Theremin (?)

kingzoso

I think this is a fairly complex (and possibly a very basic) question, however, I do not know the real or exact answer.

Is the Theremin that Jimmy Page used from the late 1960's the same Theremin that was used on the Page/Plant tours of 1995, 1996 and 1998? If it is, that would mean that Jimmy has played the same Theremin for almost 30 years.

I thought of this while I was watching the video of Page/Plant that I posted on the Led Zeppelin or Related on YouTube topic (post #1668). Toward the end of that concert, during "Whole Lotta Love" it looks like a completely different Theremin (and setup) then the one Jimmy used in TSRTS.

Cant' answer your question. However, I remember an interview in which someone explained that theremins are very sensitive instruments and thus difficult to transport without throwing them out of whack.

if you want a legit theremin, you will have to shell out at least $350, but having owned a Moog Theremin in the past, it is well worth the money.

my advice would be, for quality purposes, stick to the ones with a volume control on the side.

link:

http://www.kraftmusic.com/digital-pianos-and-keyboards/synthesizers-and-samplers/moog/theremins/?utm_source=amazon&utm_medium=products&utm_campaign=moo-thereminblkbp

edit for link

• 3 weeks later...

I got one from ebay, and I find it works almost as well as an AM radio...for picking up radio stations at least!

Seriously though, it sounds good, and seems solid and reliable, knock on wood it hasnt given me any trouble in the 5 years I have used it

Archived