New Waters or Floyd Album in the works?

luvlz2

I have had the Amused to Death SACD on pre-order for ever, now also have the Blu-Ray CD set ordered too. It's about time this brilliant album got the surround sound treatment...Roll on July 24th.

(Got this in an email from Neptune Pink Floyd today)

ROGER WATERS THE WALL MOVIE IN CINEMAS THIS YEAR

Roger Waters The Wall Movie is set to be shown in selected cinemas in a special event this year after fans have waited for much time to see it!

The film was recorded on Roger Waters The Wall Tour 2010-13 which was seen by four million fans across the world.

The film has three parts convering an immersive concert experience of the classic Pink Floyd album, a road movie of Waters' reckoning with the past and as a stirring anti-war film, highlighting the human cost of conflict.

Roger goes on a pilgrimage to explore the impact of war on his own family - in February 2014 Roger Waters visited Italy where his father was killed in World War Two.

This event has shaped many of the songs Roger has written over the years and no doubt has had a significant influence on his politcal views which often cause controversy.

The photo below shows Roger on a pilgrimage to Italy where Roger visited a memorial to his late father. The Wall movie documents Roger's journey across Europe in what will be a moving and personal story.

The Wall Movie Roger Waters

With the release of The Wall Movie now even more fans will get to experience the concert with the benefit of quality cinema sound and vision. The film was recorded in super high definition 4K which should look stunning and features very immersive Dolby Atmos sound - this is going to be a really special audio/visual experience not to be missed!

The movie was premiered at the Toronto Film Festival last year in September. Roger said in a Q&A session at the festival that he was still looking for a distributor for the film and now looks like he has found one. Hopefully the film will also go on Blu-Ray and DVD for fans to enjoy at home stay tuned for more on that.

Fathom events are screening the movie at 19 Picturehouse Entertainment cinemas http://www.picturehouseentertainment.co.uk/ in the UK (possibly others too stay tuned for info) on Tuesday 29th September 2015. Tickets go on sale on Friday 19th June 2015. Make sure to put a reminder in your calendar now!

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roger-waters-the-wall-movie-in-cinemas-this-year?utm_source=emailcampaign334&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=The+Wall+Movie+in+Cinemas+This+Year

post-15049-0-47002800-1429316994_thumb.j

^^^

Hey Rog, instead of remixing/remastering a fuckin' 23 year old album (as good as it is) why don't you actually do something NEW?!

Roger Waters might have been the "creative genius of Pink Floyd" but these days I'd say he is one of the most notorious artists known for living off of and endlessly rehashing past glories...

^^^

Hey Rog, instead of remixing/remastering a fuckin' 23 year old album (as good as it is) why don't you actually do something NEW?!

Roger Waters might have been the "creative genius of Pink Floyd" but these days I'd say he is one of the most notorious artists known for living off of and endlessly rehashing past glories...

I guess this would be an appropriate time to chime in about Gilmour's new solo album ;)

Not much information yet about the album itself, but he's doing an "old man's tour" in Europe this September/October. Only 10 dates so far, all sold out.

He said that it's a bit of a separation from "On an Island" which I'm excited for. "On and Island," although really good, was a bit of a snooze for me. It's a perfect album for sitting outside at night to watch the stars or relax, but I'm not doing that very often!

So hopefully we'll be gettin' some awesome new Gilmour this fall...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/david-gilmour-plans-new-solo-album-for-fall-20150304

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds pretty good to me. I've been looking forward to this album since I first heard news he was recording it. As much as I loved On an Island, I hope it's something totally and completely different to it. He's so talented, so it would be a shame to essentially repeat himself when he doesn't need to.

Sounds pretty good to me. I've been looking forward to this album since I first heard news he was recording it. As much as I loved On an Island, I hope it's something totally and completely different to it. He's so talented, so it would be a shame to essentially repeat himself when he doesn't need to.

Agreed, hope it's different.

• 3 weeks later...

David Gilmour's New Album TItle Revealed...

With David Gilmour's 2015 tour due to start in only a few months, David Gilmour has revealed the name of the album he has been working on which willl be released later this year.

The album is called Rattle That Lock and will be David's fourth solo studio album following the self titled David Gilmour (1978), About Face (1984) and On an Island (2006).

Lyrics are Hard to Write!

David and his song-writing partner Polly Samson attended the Borris House Festival of Writing over the weekend where David revealed in an interview the title of the album.

David's wife Polly Samson told of how difficult it was getting lyrics out of the guitarist and likened it to getting a child to do his homework! On the issue of writing lyrics, David said, "it's not something I'm comfortable with. I would love to find that key which opens the door to writing".

Further news on the new David Gilmour album is that it follows a theme of living life to the fullest - the idea of Carpe Diem - seize every day and the opportunities within it. David treated the audience to some of his new song Just Do It at the festival which reinforces the theme of Carpe Diem.

David Gilmour's much anticipated European Tour 2015 commences on September 12th in Croatia which is just 96 days away.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/david-gilmours-new-album-title-revealed?utm_source=emailcampaign336&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=David+Gilmour%27s+New+Album+Title+Revealed...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remaster/re-release/reissue of the 21st century has just dropped on my doormat Amused to Death in 5.1 surround sound is finally here. :stereo::thumbsup::D Do I like ATD....well just a bit, been looking forward to listening to this in 5.1 for years.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived