ELTON JOHN - Solo - Austin, TX - Oct. 17, 2013

markbowmanimages

Elton John came to Austin Thursday night and played a solo set at the Austin City Limits Live Theater for an intimate crowd supporting the Andy Roddick charity event...

I've only seen Elton a couple of times, but to see him go back to the basics - just the man and a piano - was truly astounding.....

The chops on the piano, the quality of voice, the set list.... (songs like Levon, Tiny Dancer, Your Song, Bennie and the Jets, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, Rocket Man, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, etc. delivered one after another with such precision and impact - it was just mind blowing....)

More photos: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Bowman-Images/200656080063765

ROCK ON, ELTON "F'n" JOHN!!!

Photo: Mark Bowman Images

775605_396806397115398_1937767225_o.jpg

Elton John came to Austin Thursday night and played a solo set at the Austin City Limits Live Theater for an intimate crowd supporting the Andy Roddick charity event...

I've only seen Elton a couple of times, but to see him go back to the basics - just the man and a piano - was truly astounding.....

The chops on the piano, the quality of voice, the set list.... (songs like Levon, Tiny Dancer, Your Song, Bennie and the Jets, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me, Rocket Man, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, etc. delivered one after another with such precision and impact - it was just mind blowing....)

More photos: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Bowman-Images/200656080063765

ROCK ON, ELTON "F'n" JOHN!!!

Photo: Mark Bowman Images

775605_396806397115398_1937767225_o.jpg

i'd love to hear him just with piano.

been a fan since about 1974, he's one of the greats.

is he writing with bernie these days?

I like Elton quite a bit myself, my first single I bought was Bennie & the Jets in 1974...when I was 6! Yep, me and a friend in first grade walked into a record shop with our allowance money, I bought Elton John & he bought I have no idea.

I would love to see Elton perform three of my favorites:

Madman Across the Water, Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters, & I Feel Like a Bullet (In the Gun of Robert Ford).

I like Elton quite a bit myself, my first single I bought was Bennie & the Jets in 1974...when I was 6! Yep, me and a friend in first grade walked into a record shop with our allowance money, I bought Elton John & he bought I have no idea.

I would love to see Elton perform three of my favorites:

Madman Across the Water, Mona Lisas & Mad Hatters, & I Feel Like a Bullet (In the Gun of Robert Ford).

love that one :)

Love this forum. Another Elton fan chiming in.

Was fortunate to see Elton is his prime a few times in the 70s and 80s. Although I was thrilled to hear the most popular songs played live, I think my favorite concert was in 1994 when he performed some obscure personal favorites. Sagittarius Rising and Slave to Zep, I love "Bullet" too! Going to give it a listen this afternoon.

Elton's tour is making its way to a venue near my home. I was going to pass on it. Now I'm having second thoughts after reading the posts in this thread. I was having similar thoughts about seeing the Stones this summer. After reading reviews in this forum I changed my mind, went to a show, and I am so glad I did.

• 1 year later...

Fast forward a couple of years, Elton John performed today at the New Orleans Jazz Fest. There were 100K+ folks today, and I think most were at the Acura stage to see Elton! He has not slowed down a bit, playing the piano like a mad man, and that voice...ahhh! ❤️

I have been a long time fan of Elton John, my favorites are from the early days, which he enthusiastically performed today. The crowd was very thankful, and Elton John was very gracious.

Rock on, Sir Elton John!

post-26295-0-94461500-1430623948_thumb.j

Archived