2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Sweep ! :bravo:

I think Miggy likes your park.

Payback may come when you least suspect it. Like in the playoffs. If Buck goes to Zack Britton no way is it a sweep. You sucked out that game Jiminez pitched a 3 hitter in. Only the stupid decision to put in Hunter. You have a dirty team. And Verlander is one of them. The pitch hitting Cruz was pure bullshit and retaliation. Tori Hunter is a sack of shit. He will get your team in trouble down the road. Over the years when the O's have been contenders they have not had much trouble beating up on the Tigers. I hope to hell we see you down the road. But today I have to hope you win. At Boston

Well Rick, I was hoping the Mets could give you some help--the kid Jacob Degrom pitched well enough to win, the Mets bats just couldn't give him any support. Now the Yanks get to play the underachieving Pirates....

And I've been calling the Braves a regular season machine, but I may have to start referring to the Giants as a machine. 5 game lead over the Dodgers in the West. I know it's still May, but pretty soon we're going to get to a point where it's no longer early and we know the Giants can get it done in the postseason...

Payback may come when you least suspect it. Like in the playoffs. If Buck goes to Zack Britton no way is it a sweep. You sucked out that game Jiminez pitched a 3 hitter in. Only the stupid decision to put in Hunter. You have a dirty team. And Verlander is one of them. The pitch hitting Cruz was pure bullshit and retaliation. Tori Hunter is a sack of shit. He will get your team in trouble down the road. Over the years when the O's have been contenders they have not had much trouble beating up on the Tigers. I hope to hell we see you down the road. But today I have to hope you win. At Boston

Relax Rick.....That was our 8th road win in a row. We're playing well right now, but I'm sure it won't last. On to Fenway and some Sunday night baseball !

Tori Hunter is a sack of shit. He will get your team in trouble down the road.

Say what? :blink: What brought this on? It's generally acknowledged that Torii Hunter is one of the nicest, well-liked players in MLB. I wished he was still an Angel. One reason I went to see the Tigers play the Dodgers was to get a chance to see Torii Hunter again.

And I've been calling the Braves a regular season machine, but I may have to start referring to the Giants as a machine. 5 game lead over the Dodgers in the West. I know it's still May, but pretty soon we're going to get to a point where it's no longer early and we know the Giants can get it done in the postseason...

One difference between the Giants and the Braves is that the Giants know how to win a World Series or two.

Relax Rick.....That was our 8th road win in a row. We're playing well right now, but I'm sure it won't last. On to Fenway and some Sunday night baseball !

And a friend of mine is going to that game.

I hope "Million Dollar Arm" is good...not least because an acquaintance of mine worked on the movie.

My favourite baseball movies...

Eight Men Out

Major League

Bull Durham

A League of Their Own

No, I didn't care for Field of Dreams. Too sappy for my liking.

Tillman takes the mound in the 9th with a 4 hitter and a 4-0 lead for the first place Orioles. I hope he gets a complete game

Cheering for Detroit tonight. have a 3 teamer. Baltimore, Oakland and Detroit. Strider, you obviously missed the nonsense between Tori Hunter and Norris, our pitcher. He hit Tori by accident. With Cabrera on deck for Gods sake. Then Tori goes off on him. Barking shit. And the next night Verlander drills Cruz in the back. Detroit was warned but that was the extent of it.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

So far, my NL CY Young pick Kershaw has only pitched 3 games and got absolutely destroyed by the D-Backs yesterday. And the Tigers continue to look like the team to beat; I have to wonder if that will translate in the postseason & the Tigers finally win a trophy...

So far, my NL CY Young pick Kershaw has only pitched 3 games and got absolutely destroyed by the D-Backs yesterday. And the Tigers continue to look like the team to beat; I have to wonder if that will translate in the postseason & the Tigers finally win a trophy...

Their starting pitching is the best rotation in the league for sure. I do not think they are the best team on the field but pitching is the name of the game. Glad they beat Boston. We had the bases loaded with Cruz up and did not tie the game. Sucks. W have to try and take 3 of 4. Yankees will likely win with Kuroda but may fall in game two. We face Shields and send Jiminez who has been good. I am hoping Matt Wieters does not need the surgery. That is going to really suck if he does. King Felix goes today for Seattle. The Mets at Wash, well, it just seems like the Mets are tanking. The Dodgers are going to have to really dig down to beat SF out for that division. And Colorado has been pretty good. You look at the Yankees and to me they are playing way over their talent level. Now Sabathia has problems. I do not see how they can hold up for the long haul. Its there for the taking for us. We have to get some guys swinging the bats. Davis has started to wake up. That is a good sign. But we sure miss Wieters

For the Orioles to announce that Matt Wieters will not return on May 26th, the earliest eligible date, it is very bad news. They say July 1st is the date if he is not throwing by then, surgery. I sure hope he is going to be signed long term also. His contract is up at years end. This has me worried. Cannot let a guy like him get away and have to hope that he does not need surgery. I do not know the condition he has. It seems to have come out of nowhere.

Tigers helped everyone in the East, except Boston of course. It is a travel day for many teams as Paul pointed out. Man did Oakland do a number on Cleveland.

All's I wanna know is who's in first place? Not in second place. In first place? :bravo: The monster has awoken. Chris Davis. With him and Cruz, who is ahead of Miggy by the way, look out. Tillman goes tonight. Last outing a 9 inning complete game shutout.

^^ Just looked at the boxscore, it looks like Scherzer is getting beat all about the head & shoulders. Tigers might be on the verge of getting swept, but they are still the best team in baseball....

They have the best starting rotation in baseball. I will not say they are the best team. No way. Sherzer is still in. 7-7 And I bet them today

And we are only 40 games in. Too soon to be crowning anyone. The sweep in Boston and Baltimore were good wins. But I do not think they caught us at our best. We need Matt Wieters back. Our lineup on the field will match any

Edited by LedZeppfan77