2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Getting swept by the Cubs--that's not good. I would say things might get easier, except Tampa isn't exactly a pushover. Thank goodness for a 6 game lead...

I was going to say, the Angels might have a bit of a break on their schedule, playing the Marlins--but, the A's will get to feast on the Astros, so that division race looks to be going down to the wire (I like it)...

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

I cant believe the garbage I have to read from that guy above. The Cardinals will have to first make it and then beat teaams like Milwaukee and the Dodgers. I still say the Dodgers will get in. As for the Orioles, its the first series they lost on the road ALL YEAR YOU MORON. Are you kidding? And yesterday was a pretty lucky win for the Cubs. I think the news about Machado played into it. It has to effect them. They lost a potential future hall of famer. That is how good that kid is. Do you even know who he is Mr King? We have a better team than you do as we kicked the shit out of your Cardinals pretty good. I do not see how you can just write Baltimore off? Who is so good that we have to fear? The Angels are the one team I cannot discount. Tampa is too far back with too few games left. To me they are the second best in the East. We need to wake up and at least split with them. Then we get Minnesota and the pathetic Reds. As for the Yankees, next three series are at KC (and Shields opens), at Detroit ( oh, they should get a nice warm welcome there), and at Toronto. Let them kill each other. And later they must play the O's again, and they have lost 7 of 10 to Baltimore. One bad series and you want to write us off. What about the entire year the Cardinals have had? They are fortunate to have played so many lousy teams. The Cubs have a very good young team. I predict they win that division next year going away. The Phillies just got done hammering the Cardinals and you come on here with more of your bullshit

Tampa must believe they are finished. Escobar is gone to Oakland

Edited by LedZeppfan77

On First Take, they are talking about Pete Rose. I've always said, if the sport of baseball can forgive Mark McGwire and let him actually have a job as a hitting coach then why can't Rose have a second chance...

At this point, I agree. You can't pick and choose which acts are deemed to tear at the fabric of the game more, right?!? If the 'roid heads are allowed back in, then so should gamblin' Charlie Hustle....

On First Take, they are talking about Pete Rose. I've always said, if the sport of baseball can forgive Mark McGwire and let him actually have a job as a hitting coach then why can't Rose have a second chance...

I think Pete knows they have to put him in when he leaves this life. These assholes are just going to not let him in while he is alive. How can you justify leaving a guy out that has the most hits of all time? And has no drug history? I would love to know how many athletes have bet parlay sheets or called in a bet? Many. Only the '19 White Sox were caught doing the unthinkable. Fixing not only a game, but the whole series. But in those days they were underpaid and had the motivation to do it. I do not think that could ever happen again because they are paid too much. And fixing a game takes many players in any sport. Even the pitcher can only kill his own team until he is pulled. The easiest is probably a goalie in hockey. But anyway, Pete will get in once he is deceased. I hope it happens while he is alive. Maybe this commissioner will see things differently?

Escobar to Oakland? Tampa is playing for next year. Making moves for next year. Even having one of the best records since the All Star break

The Yankees appear to be the talk of the town today. The fact that they are still in the playoff hunt is remarkable, given their offensive woes and their pitching troubles. This week could be make or break for the Yanks as far as their shot at getting back into the Wild Card race or dare I say, chasing down the Orioles. At KC, Detroit and Toronto... play ball!

Let me ask you this Rick--it seems like the Orioles style of play is to get good pitching and wait for the 2 run or 3 run homer to get them ahead. Would that style of offense worry you in a playoff series when you're facing the opposing team's best pitchers and that 3 run bomb might not be there?

Let me ask you this Rick--it seems like the Orioles style of play is to get good pitching and wait for the 2 run or 3 run homer to get them ahead. Would that style of offense worry you in a playoff series when you're facing the opposing team's best pitchers and that 3 run bomb might not be there?

Only vs a team like Seattle, but they do not have enough offense either. Nobody else has dominating pitching like past years. Our bullpen is dominating. O Day and Brach are great middle men. Zach Britton can slam the door. Nobody has Baltimore's power. Bring em on. To write us off after one series vs Cubs was just stupid

3 back to back to back HRs and Davis just made it 9-1

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Chris Davis put one in the seats, 9-1 Orioles... :yes2:

Oh yeah. 3 in a row. Vs a red hot Tampa team. So what will they do to Minnesota and Cincy? Gee. Writing us off after our first losing ROAD series. I would rather be Baltimore than St Louis right now. Even though they do have a dick schedule

Wow, talk about some defense...

Adam Jones just robbed them of a HR by sticking glove over wall and then he throws out the runner at second. Unreal

Watch the highlights King nutso so you can see how a real center fielder plays the game

Edited by LedZeppfan77

You know that was Earl Weaver's favorite play - the 3 run homer.

Glad this game is going well so I can watch the Emmys

You know that was Earl Weaver's favorite play - the 3 run homer.

Glad this game is going well so I can watch the Emmys

It was 3 consecutive homers Esther!!! 3 in a row. I remember one year when the O's, Yankees and Red Sox had some classic 3 team races under Earl Weaver and we were back quite a bit and it did not look good. Baltimore won 28 of their final 32 games to win the division. Before the wild card existed. So I guess once in a great while it happens. This team to me can finish with the best record. This offense is a monster. The Cubs series was a fluke. But it was good pitching by the Cubs who are a team that is coming on. I am picking them to win that division next year right now based on the talent they have picked up. Pittsburgh just lays down against St Louis and Milwaukee. Forget the pirates. They are going nowhere. I am a bit surprised by the KC score. I thought Shields would pitch better. But I do not see the Yankees sweeping in KC. KC has played too well. This would be two st losses. I do not see that continuing especially when they have Detroit to contend with. Oh, I just learned that is a make up game and a one game series. Yankees go to Detroit tomorrow. Good place for them

I don't know if Baltimore was necessarily asleep in Chicago, but they have responded against the Rays. Every team has a hiccup now and then--maybe the O's had their's against the Cubbies...

In the NL West, it may be all over--I know a 5 game lead in late August is not insurmountable, but it's hard for me to imagine the Dodgers giving it up, especially when you have Kershaw and Greinke at the top of that rotation....

All that being said, the San Francisco G-Men are still holding on to one of those Wild Card spots, so all is not lost Giants fans and Madison Bumgarner pitched one hell of a game last night...

Edited by paul carruthers

I don't know if Baltimore was necessarily asleep in Chicago, but they have responded against the Rays. Every team has a hiccup now and then--maybe the O's had their's against the Cubbies...

In the NL West, it may be all over--I know a 5 game lead in late August is not insurmountable, but it's hard for me to imagine the Dodgers giving it up, especially when you have Kershaw and Greinke at the top of that rotation....

All that being said, the San Francisco G-Men are still holding on to one of those Wild Card spots, so all is not lost Giants fans and Madison Bumgarner pitched one hell of a game last night...

If you notice the Cubs are still winning. This team is going to be a contender next year. I am picking them right now to win that division next year. Easily. thy have some real good young talent and pitching and this kid Rizzo. Look out. Yes they caught us sleeping. And we had just swept the White Sox who are usually considered to be the better team in Chicago. Well, they are no longer. The Orioles are fine. One lost series in an entire season is no reason to start talking shit and writing them off like some did. 20 of next 26 at home also. Yankees got theirs last night. Detroit is going to be out for blood after losing in NY. I expect Price to beat them again. I am not expecting to sweep the Rays as nice as that would be. They have been playing very well and its going to take some doing and tonight one of our younger guys is going. I agree with the Yankee announcers that Toronto is likely done. I see no way on Earth they can catch us. And the Yankees have not faired very well head up against us. Davis made two plays last night that looked like he was Machado in disguise. I will never know how a guy built like him could make those plays. One was a running throw to first and the other a one handed bare hand grab throw out to the plate. Incredible.