Any photos of Moon actually playing Bonham's kit

juxtiphi

Moon comes in at around 6:50, that's what is stated in the informations of this video!

Thanks, That track is slightly misleading as its not the whole solo.. The track starts where John is just beginning to play with his hands which happens 8 minutes and 50 seconds in. The Tympani doesn't begin till around the 10:34 mark. John plays the tymp for 45 seconds before Moon joins and they play for about 4 minutes together. Just after the 15 minute mark Moon takes over and plays for about a minute and a half and at 16:30 John retakes his drums kit. So Moon actually comes in some 12 minutes into the solo and only plays for few minutes and most of it is on the Tympani.

I'll have to keep digging, but I did find this one of Keith Moon & Robert Plant at the microphone.

Keith Moon & Robert Plant onstage at The Forum on June 23, 1977 -- Photo Credit: Melody S. Marks

Photograph courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Great photo Steve! Please keep digging!

you are correct, I have the video. Great stuff. I love the 8mm look it really makes you feel like you are there. You see Moons little speech and plant running up t the mic to shut him down and then the encore with him trashing the tympani.

you are correct, I have the video. Great stuff. I love the 8mm look it really makes you feel like you are there. You see Moons little speech and plant running up t the mic to shut him down and then the encore with him trashing the tympani.

You have the video, that is so cool.

Is this the video that you have? That is on YouTube. Take a look and enjoy juxtiphi.

It starts right at the 5:33 mark:

I'll have to keep digging, but I did find this one of Keith Moon & Robert Plant at the microphone.

19770623.jpg

Keith Moon & Robert Plant onstage at The Forum on June 23, 1977 -- Photo Credit: Melody S. Marks

Photograph courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

I wonder what the wording on that box above the Fender Rhodes. I know it's a Bill Dunn custom volume box, however....

Archived