Been hearing alot of Zepp songs in commercials and movies

LedZeppfan77

And they - Jones, Plant & Page - can afford NOT to tour!

Sometimes I believe I'm the only one that is glad they're not ever going to "reform" - to me, that takes four certain individuals, and unfortunately, the fourth past away in 1980.

No Amstel you are not the only one. I believe that even the O2 concert shows that they were well past their sell-by date. Led Zeppelin 1968 - 1980, but their music will never be forgotten or surpassed.

there was a movie in the 70s about a pirate radio staion, and some kids in a school parking lot requested zeppelin.

Are you referring to "Rock and Roll High School"? Led Zeppelin was mentioned in that movie but no Zeppelin music was used. As far as I have been able to ascertain, after "Homer" was the first movie to use Led Zeppelin in 1970, it was another 12 years before 1982's "Fast Time at Ridgemont High" became the second movie to feature Led Zeppelin's music.

Obviously I'm not counting TSRTS which was a concert document produced by the band themselves.

Nope. Maybe the first popular movie, but the first film to use Led Zeppelin was a 1970 film called "Homer". I have never seen it...never. And I've seen just about everything. But I have the original soundtrack album...you can still find them around for $10 or so in record shops.

It has Led Zeppelin's "How Many More Times"...along with The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Cream, and others. A fairly ambitious soundtrack for such a low-budget movie.

attachicon.gif51RXzR0GqyL._SS500_.jpg

17:58 , 57:55 , 1:22:13

• 2 weeks later...

I remember my first introduction to LZ was the song rock and roll through the, I believe, 1990's dodge truck commercial(s)... though the brand is not what I remember, so that is dubious. I know there's that Cadillac commercial, but that isn't the one I refer to... seems youtube doesn't have it atm sadly :( .

I was horrified last night, Whole Lotta Love came on the Television,I thought it must have been an advert for the new albums.......I was gutted when it was an advert for after shave.....I thought they were more choosy in who they let use their songs....

• 2 weeks later...

In the movie "Dukes of Hazzard," one of the "Duke boys" wears a Zep shirt during much of the film. I'm curious what the back story for this was: Presumably one of the principals involved in the production was a big Zep fan.

Archived