Roxy Music

That was a cool song! Thanks! :thumbsup: Now I'm going to find the album and listen to it!

And..... if I were a dude I would certainly put some serious thought into f***ing a blow-up doll. :lol: :lol: Have you? (Don't answer that! :lol: ) But maybe he is saying that even though there is no woman in his dream home, a blow-up doll does just about the same thing! You know floating in the pool.....dressing her up. :lol: I don't know. Funny though.

No, I haven't nor have I ever contemplated it either. I actually think he was damaged enough to enjoy that sort of thing, but perhaps it was just commentary about the typical blond who liked to blow his money and his 'mind'...Roxy Music were one of the most underrated bands ever.

No, I haven't nor have I ever contemplated it either. I actually think he was damaged enough to enjoy that sort of thing, but perhaps it was just commentary about the typical blond who liked to blow his money and his 'mind'...Roxy Music were one of the most underrated bands ever.

Underrated, yes, but they did creep into middle-of-the-road boring crooning later on. I much prefer the early Eno years of Roxy Music. Phil Manzenara was also an underrated guitarist.

• 5 years later...

Saw Bryan Ferry on Saturday night, and he did not disappoint !  Always had a thing for these guys through every era, and he highlighted just about everything.  He had a great band....3 keyboard players including himself, two guitarists, and the versatile women on clarinet, sax, violin, and other instruments.  The sound mix was just great...and his voice was in better shape than I expected.  No Phil Manzanera, which is the only reason it wasn't a full-blown reunion.  "Out of the Blue", "Love is the Drug",  "Avalon", "Jealous Guy", "Let's Stick Together",.....even some early stuff like "In Every Dream Home a Heartache", which sent all the old fans like me in a tizzy.

Underrated, yes, but they did creep into middle-of-the-road boring crooning later on. I much prefer the early Eno years of Roxy Music. Phil Manzenara was also an underrated guitarist.

You're not alone as far as your feelings about the late 70's/early 80's era. but Manzanera's guitar work on some of those songs like "Oh Yeah" and "Avalon" are  just frickin' impeccable...and the production was at times beyond slick and bordering on perfect to me.  

Almost 40 years later, and this song has become a very pleasing flashback to a happier era for me.  Slick isn't always evil when it's perfect.  

Edited by Bong-Man