2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

Wow. Davis just got a hit and this 5th inning may never end. You picked a good game to go to Esther. 15-2 the Orioles lead Oakland, or should I call them the Keystone Cops? They blew a couple of fly balls that little league kids should have caught. But we are teeing off on them also. At least 4 HRs. 15-2 and I think my money is safe

I do look forward to seeing the Mets and O's go at it. Memories. And yes you guys beat us in 1969 in what was considered one of the biggest upsets in sports history. We would win it all the next year vs the Big Red Machine in the Brooks Robinson series. But when you have Seaver and Koosman it cannot be that big of an upset. Two great pitchers. Back then Seaver, Koosman, Palmer, McNally, Vida Blue, Catfish Hunter and on and on.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

What is up with these damn Pirates Paul? Man. My boys put up 18 on a sorry ass Oakland bunch. If the playoffs started today, I think Vegas might pick a series between KC and the Pirates? But we have a long way to go. And both our teams are players. We are going to win games. Tomorrow night I worry a bit though. We must go up against Sonny Gray. And which Chris Tillman will show up? Hoping KC beats the Angels here and I will make another $50.

I'm not sure what is up with the Pirates, except to repeat what I said yesterday about certain teams having another team's number. I would really be afraid of the Pirates in October--and, of course, that is if the Mets make it to the playoffs...

That 4.5 game lead is huge IMO the way the Nats are playing. I believe its far bigger than the 4 game deficit we face in the East. We have our chances head up vs the East contenders coming in Sept. We must win and keep our heads above water until then while Buck suffles the lineup to figure out the best lineup. One guy it does not include is Flaherty. he just plain is sucking right now. And so is Hardy at the plate but he is too valuable on defense to consider anything else but to hope he snaps out of it soon which I believe he will. I think the Cardinals are a good bet today. Lets see if the King actually reads this? Revenge factor vs the Giants. I hope they beat them to keep the Cubs in safe position. I also want the Dodgers to get in. The Yankees have pulled Sabathia and will go with another kid I do not know. Who could blame them. Twins could pull the upset. We have to deal with Sonny Gray. I am thinking Tillman will bounce back and this game could very well be 1-1 heading into the 7th? If so, we need to survive until Gray must come out. Once he comes out, open the flood gates. Davis is on fire so maybe he can hit one out vs Gray? The Angels looked like they had last nights game and especially after Trout made a great catch to save them temporarily. The White Sox now go in there with this kid Rondo that shut them out for 7 innings last time getting the W,. And the White Sox have been a thorn in their side. Chris Sale continued his mastery of anyone that gets in his way. That guy is going to get a huge check from someone if he is available. But I am pretty sure the White Sox have him locked up. He is one hell of a pitcher. Melvin put a fielder in to pitch when it was 18-2 yesterday and he struck out one of our guys who heard about it in the clubhouse. You can joke around and do things when its 18-2. And that was the score after 6. So it could have been even uglier. Oakland has a brutal outfield. I mean, a couple of routine fly balls they ran into each other and the ball fell to the ground. It was a comedy of errors. Not that we did not hit our share out of the park. I believe 4 HRs. Caleb Joseph is one hell of a player. He can hit for power and he can throw out runners trying to steal with the best of them. So I am wondering what their plans are on Matt Wieters and how much they are willing to spend to keep him. Because they have Joseph, it would make it less painful to lose him when the Yankees offer him the keys to the city.

I wouldn't expect too much help from the Rockies, but the way the Nats are scuffling, you never know. After this quick 2 game set, the Mets go to Colorado and Philadelphia--on paper, that would seem like matchups the Mets should win & hopefully widen the gap between us and Washington.

I just peaked at the Wild Card standings and the O's have the second spot, a half game ahead of the Angels...

That's it...the Angels season is done.

In the past month, they have been swept by the Astros, Dodgers, and now the Royals. Two of those teams they would most likely have to face in the playoffs...if they make the playoffs. As it sits now, they just got passed by Baltimore for the second WC slot. But they haven't shown any inkling of being able to beat the top teams in the playoffs. They are mired in muck.

Weaver has been terrible...our offense is erratic...Scioscia bumbles around with the bullpen...and Pujols gets another year older and ten pounds heavier.

Mike Trout is our only bright spot.

Thank goodness football season is around the corner.

Edited by Strider

That's it...the Angels season is done.

In the past month, they have been swept by the Astros, Dodgers, and now the Royals. Two of those teams they would most likely have to face in the playoffs...if they make the playoffs. As it sits now, they just got passed by Baltimore for the second WC slot. But they haven't shown any inkling of being able to beat the top teams in the playoffs. They are mired in muck.

Weaver has been terrible...our offense is erratic...Scioscia bumbles around with the bullpen...and Pujols gets another year older and ten pounds heavier.

Mike Trout is our only bright spot.

Thank goodness football season is around the corner.

I would not hand Houston the West do fast. The Angels have Calhoun, Trout and Pujols and are deep enough in their starting rotation to turn this slump around. EVERY team has a slump Strider. Yes I want my Orioles to get in even if it means its at the Angels expense. But it does not have to be. The Angels are not out of this race by any stretch. Weaver has pitched well. Heaney goes tonight and he is no slouch. I rate the game a toss up as Rondon is a good young pitcher for an under rated White Sox team. And the Angels and Trout are in a slump. Trout made a great catch in KC last night. Almost cost me $50 but I got lucky. . Yes they must start winning soon. Tonight we have to go against Sonny Gray. This fucking guy is 12-4 with a little league team in front of him and their best player is named after a box of fucking Cereal. I am scared shitless. And Tillman best get his shit together. We have to deal with Gray tonight and DeGrom tomorrow. Talk about smoke. But Davis is on fire. I want to see if DeGrom can put 3 fast ball s by him. Not convinced. Davis might launch one. The Pirates are coming for yo ass King shitso!

Big win for Orioles! Now score some runs ye shit bag Cardinals!!

Hey now!!! I do not think that calling the Cardinals "ye shit bag" is entirely appropriate for the Team with the Best Record in Baseball since Day One of the 2015 MLB Season. Just kidding. I don't care what you or anyone else calls them as long as the Saint Louis Cardinals keep winning. Apparently at the time of your post, the Cardinals/Giants game was tied 1-1. Final score, Cardinals 2 / Giants 1.

Here are a couple of real and amazing facts about the Cardinals so far this season:

The StL Cardinals are currently 45 wins and just 18 losses when playing at home in Busch Stadium.

The StL Cardinals are currently 65 wins and 0 losses when leading a game after 8 innings.

The StL Cardinals are currently 34 games above the .500 mark.

Since I am replying to your post, I will point out a couple of things regarding the Baltimore Orioles:

Less then a week ago, the Orioles were the team that was subjected to a no-hitter by the Seattle Mariners. Baltimore 0 runs, 0 hits and 0 errors.

The Orioles are only 5 game above the .500 mark. Compare that to the Cardinals 34 games above and tell Me (and everyone else) that the Orioles are still the team to beat this 2015 year.

The Orioles are currently in 3rd place in the American League East. You had predicted since last year that the Orioles would win the AL East Division. There is still time (and hope) but the up and down season the O's are having is that they may make a Wild Card spot and that may be a stretch or unlikely this year.

I know that you seem to get a lot heated about such things and I am not trying to rile you up, I am merely and simply stating facts and statistics, just like you do when your team is up and doing good. It just happens that your team is somewhat down and shaky when My Team is playing to and well above what I really expected.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Hey now!!! I do not think that calling the Cardinals "ye shit bag" is entirely appropriate for the Team with the Best Record in Baseball since Day One of the 2015 MLB Season. Just kidding. I don't care what you or anyone else calls them as long as the Saint Louis Cardinals keep winning. Apparently at the time of your post, the Cardinals/Giants game was tied 1-1. Final score, Cardinals 2 / Giants 1.

Here are a couple of real and amazing facts about the Cardinals so far this season:

The StL Cardinals are currently 45 wins and just 18 losses when playing at home in Busch Stadium.

The StL Cardinals are currently 65 wins and 0 losses when leading a game after 8 innings.

The StL Cardinals are currently 34 games above the .500 mark.

Since I am replying to your post, I will point out a couple of things regarding the Baltimore Orioles:

Less then a week ago, the Orioles were the team that was subjected to a no-hitter by the Seattle Mariners. Baltimore 0 runs, 0 hits and 0 errors.

The Orioles are only 5 game above the .500 mark. Compare that to the Cardinals 34 games above and tell Me (and everyone else) that the Orioles are still the team to beat this 2015 year.

The Orioles are currently in 3rd place in the American League East. You had predicted since last year that the Orioles would win the AL East Division. There is still time (and hope) but the up and down season the O's are having is that they may make a Wild Card spot and that may be a stretch or unlikely this year.

I know that you seem to get a lot heated about such things and I am not trying to rile you up, I am merely and simply stating facts and statistics, just like you do when your team is up and doing good. It just happens that your team is somewhat down and shaky when My Team is playing to and well above what I really expected.

GO CARDINALS!!!

I will take our lineup over yours any day. And the only reason your record is better is you play in a weak league. The AL is better. Period. More tough teams to play across the board. I wanted St Louis last night as i bet on them and figured it was a revenge game after that series last year and they had plenty of motivation. We have to deal with Toronto , Yankees and Tampa in our division. Only Boston is bad right now. You have Milwaukee, a complete joke. You get the Sillies to play and Rockies and alot of teams that are of AAA quality. I do believe we will get in. Our weakness is our starting rotation which is big. But they are really coming around. Tillman pitched good last night. Chen and Gonzalez and Gausman can all get it done. We have one of the best bullpens in the game. The stats tell it. Our run differential is one of the best in the AL> So we are better than our record. We have lost alot of tough one run games on the road. I expect this streak to continue tonight vs Pauls boy DeGrom. We can beat him though they do come in rested. AL rules will apply. You may remember what we did to your Cards last year when they came in here. Anyway, glad they beat SF who I never cared for. You have Pittsburgh knocking on the door and the Cubs are in a fast rebuild like I predicted. Beating them will be no easy task in the playoffs and they have a very good lead for that wild card.

So De Grom is in tonight. I know he has plenty of mustard in his fastball. We have fastball hitters so if he has a very good change up or slider he is going to be tough.

I'm all set for deGrom to carve up the Orioles lineup and now there's a damn rain delay--hopefully it won't be too long...

I am already fed up with these shit bag Mets announcers. I have to put up with them because I cannot get the Orioles feed when the Metes or Yankees are playing us. They are worse than the Yankees announcers. Carving up this lineup will be tougher than most NL teams I will tell you

I'm all set for deGrom to carve up the Orioles lineup and now there's a damn rain delay--hopefully it won't be too long...

Did it actually rain? I was surprised when I got in my car and it was in a delay, since it was lovely in the 7th Circle.

Did it actually rain? I was surprised when I got in my car and it was in a delay, since it was lovely in the 7th Circle.

Well, according to the Mets announcers at the start of the game, there was no actual rain, even though there was like a 50 minute delay when they put the tarp on the field.

Well, according to the Mets announcers at the start of the game, there was no actual rain, even though there was like a 50 minute delay when they put the tarp on the field.

The O's radio guys were saying the radar showed a big storm coming through, so they didn't want to warm up the pitchers. Then it passed without any rain, so here we are.

I'm not happy with where we are... :)

The O's radio guys were saying the radar showed a big storm coming through, so they didn't want to warm up the pitchers. Then it passed without any rain, so here we are.

I'm not happy with where we are... :)

You mean you're at the game and not on the couch with a bottle of Pinot?

Edited by Strider

The way deGrom is going so far, 2 runs may be enough tonight--of course, I'm always hoping for a little more offense... ^_^

I cannot believe they sent Hardy. Could have been a big inning. Stupid call by third base coach. But DeGrom is slowing down some. We can still get to him. Schoop blew a rare play on the cutoff. Not like him. The O's do look tired tonight. A bit lethargic but they came back from 5-0 on Oakland. Granted the Mets are better than Oakland. But their lineup does not scare me only their starting pitching