2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

You mean you're at the game and not on the couch with a bottle of Pinot?

I am certainly NOT at the game. I am on my couch - with a bottle of 2001 Brunello! It's the only thing keeping me from throwing things at the TV :)

And Rick, I agree - I was yelling at the 3rd base coach. Geez, I love JJ Hardy, but he's so sloooooooooow.... everyone knew he wouldn't make it.

I am certainly NOT at the game. I am on my couch - with a bottle of 2001 Brunello! It's the only thing keeping me from throwing things at the TV :)

And Rick, I agree - I was yelling at the 3rd base coach. Geez, I love JJ Hardy, but he's so sloooooooooow.... everyone knew he wouldn't make it.

Gausman actually pitched well. But whem you face a dominating guy like DeGrom only once a year you really cant learn his stuff. Davis can figure out any pitcher with time. But its advantage pitcher on rare meetings. Granderson knows us from his days as a Yankee. I thought to win this game we would have to be patient and wait beyond the seventh inning to wait until DeGrom weakens a bit if he does. We are never out of a game with this lineup. And 3-1 is not a big lead. But Schoop is having a bad night. Blew the throw that would have nailed their runner and it would have been 2-1. Boy they have had alot of luck on that left field line tonight. We just have to hope we can get to them late. And that the stinking Twins can help us out once.

Well...that kinda sucked.

Schoop killed us tonight. Even still, we almost pulled it out. Paul must have needed some Depends in the 9th inning. lOL. I do not think the Mets could have recovered from that game psychologically if they had lost. Tomorrow i expect a different result. I wonder how mad Buck is at Schoop. Brutal game

^^ Well, if you take into account the quick 2 game series they had in New York back in April, it's 3-0 good guys--but who's counting.... ;)

We were very short handed for that series. Speaking of which, the Yankees just lost Texeira. Not sure how long but he has been their savior. This race is far from over.

As I kind of expected, the Rockies were no help last night & that looks to be a very high scoring series, so the Mets just have to take care of their own business and beat up on the teams they have in front of them. I believe we go to Philadelphia after this short series with the O's, a must win series if we want to keep the heat on the Nats...

As I kind of expected, the Rockies were no help last night & that looks to be a very high scoring series, so the Mets just have to take care of their own business and beat up on the teams they have in front of them. I believe we go to Philadelphia after this short series with the O's, a must win series if we want to keep the heat on the Nats...

Expect hell tonight

The Mets and the Nats play each other 6 more times the remainder of the season. Do the math. You and ebk should have a friendly bet.

All this talk about putting an innings limit on Harvey and Syndergaard or skipping starts for them in September worries me--I mean, we're finally on top in the East, poised to make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years and this kind of talk about pulling 2 of your top arms out of the rotation--oh my...

All this talk about putting an innings limit on Harvey and Syndergaard or skipping starts for them in September worries me--I mean, we're finally on top in the East, poised to make the playoffs for the first time in 9 years and this kind of talk about pulling 2 of your top arms out of the rotation--oh my...

Not only that but remember what happened to the Nats when they started limiting The Orchid's innings his rookie year and pulled him towards the end of the season? They collapsed and missed the playoffs.

Edited by Strider

I hate the Yankees.

That is all...

The stinking Twins were outhitting them 15-4 the other night and losing 7-5. Today more of the same old Twins. At least we get the shit bags next. I hope the Yankees get a real team next. Tonight we get the Mets one more time. I hate Granderson but not the Mets. I think the Mets need a couple of more bats and a good closer. Last night they never should have allowed that game to almost slip away in the 9th. especially after Schoop played his worst game ever. Wonder if he is into the nose powder? I mean, what a terrible game. I wonder if Buck will bench him tonight? He is way better than Flaherty. So if its me I just move on. We have the fewest errors in baseball. Its going to happen. Jones almost had that second homer of Granderson. Nothing went our way. Usually we bounce back big. Especially Davis. We are going to get our shot at the Eastern teams in Sept. Right now we need to play 700 baseball at least. I know we are deeper and better than these Mets. Its just that they have a couple of monster starters. You hang with them late and then you beat them in the late innings. Their weakness is their pen and their lack of depth at the plate

Not only that but remember what happened to the Nats when they started limiting The Orchid's innings his rookie year and pulled him towards the end of the season? They collapsed and missed the playoffs.

This is exactly what I was thinking. So, hey Mets, go ahead and do that :)

Hate is such a strong word, ebk... ;)

I hate the Yankees too. And all they represent. The current Yankees. Not the old Yankees like the 27 Yankees ( who my cousin played for) or the Yankees of Mantle and Di Maggio. Just the ones for the last thirty years or so. And some ex Yankees like that shit bag Granderson. And the New York City media who think they are above all others. They do not represent upstate NY. I do like Girardi. Very nice guy. My cousin in Florida who is a minister has met him. He is in his church. I cant stand the Blue Jays Manager or Batista. And I cannot stand Anderson either and the stupid Oakland fans that cannot get over a bat slipping out of Machado's hands. I also hate the Flyers and Canadians in hockey. The Celtics and Spurs in hoops and the Dolphins, Jets and current Patriots. Not the old ones. Add the Steelers to that list too.That pretty much covers it. For now.

Way to dance around trouble for Syndergaard--this looks like a game that will come down to the bullpens tonight...

Now that your boy is out I am certain we have the better pen. But nothing is a guarantee in this game as I just saw Swoboda fucking turn back the clock to 1969. Well, it was not as good as Swaboda's catch or Cleon Jones but it was good. Hardy hit a nice one. I do not understand why Buck allows these kids to come up and take tryouts in a pennant race? Pearce's absence has hurt. Uerrtia or however you spell it had best gets some hits soon or he will be shown the way back to Norfolk. Schoop gets a bit of Vindication for last nights fiasco. This pitcher we have there is another experiment that just backfired.