2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

The Orioles just went in and swept them and that is not a good sign for them.  Houston can win that game.  If the Cubs win and they are favored, the Mets would play the Dodgers.  I would be shocked to see the Mets beat them.  I just  think the Dodgers have too much.  I think Kershaw pitched yesterday but I guess he would be  a go by game two latest?  

Rick, it doesn't matter what happens in the Cubs-Pirates game...the Dodgers play the Mets no matter who wins. The Cardinals are the #1 seed so they get the Wild Card winner regardless of whether the team is from the same division.

Kershaw pitched yesterday but he was on a 60-pitch limit and pitched just long enough to get to 300 Ks. The first pitcher to strike out 300 or more in a season since 2002.

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/153184446/clayton-kershaw-posts-300-strikeouts-in-2015

Rick, it doesn't matter what happens in the Cubs-Pirates game...the Dodgers play the Mets no matter who wins. The Cardinals are the #1 seed so they get the Wild Card winner regardless of whether the team is from the same division.

Kershaw pitched yesterday but he was on a 60-pitch limit and pitched just long enough to get to 300 Ks. The first pitcher to strike out 300 or more in a season since 2002.

http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/article/153184446/clayton-kershaw-posts-300-strikeouts-in-2015

GO CUBS!!!!!!!

So the way the additional wildcard works, is that there is a one game playoff to see who advances? That is so stupid, and it's not just because the Yankees will have to do this with the Astros. I have not been supporting the Yankees this season, like in the past, anyway. If two teams in the same division are tied for first at the end of the season, and neither have a record worthy of even a wild card - then yes, let them play a one and done. Otherwise, any team eligible to play in the post season deserves at least a 5 game series.

^ Yep!  162 to get in and 1 to be out...that's about the dumbest concept introduced to sports since the all-star game determining home field advantage in the World Series.  Oooops!  Thanks again Bud! :slapface:

Edited by Walter

Well, the thing that the 2nd Wild Card spot has done--or supposed to have done--was put emphasis back on winning the divisions and making it tough for the teams that don't. I've questioned a lot of things done by Bud, but the current playoff format is not one of them.

Of course, if the current MLB commish wanted to make the Wild Card games a best of three or a best of 5, I wouldn't be opposed to that either.

Playoff baseball is almost here...  :yes2:

My point, Paul, is there should be one WC team who makes the real playoff, unless there is a tie.  You can't manufacture drama with this current system, IMO.

CC is an overpaid piece of crap, IMO.  How do you do this to your team and when you're supposed to be a professional earning more than most do in a lifetime!  POS!  :thumbdown: 

Thank you for this handy schedule zepscoda...I've saved it to my phone for future reference.

Will you be at any of the Rangers playoff games? Did Texas do a playoff lottery like some other teams do with regard to buying playoff tickets?

Stargroves was unlucky in the Mets lottery. How did you make out?

Stargroves, I still hope you find a way thru Stub Hub or Ticket Web or maybe a Mets fan forum to attend a game.

No lottery that I know of. Season ticket holders get first dibs , they they went on sale to the rest of us. If a client takes me I'll go, otherwise it may not be in the budget. We'll see...post season baseball in person is pretty frekin awesome!

I am confident that the Saint Louis Cardinals will be playing in this 2015 World Series.  I do not worry about who their opponent will be, although I would like to see the Cardinals against the Rangers, Astros or Royals.  I have an attachment to these American League teams.  The whole of the 2015 season, the Cardinals have been the best team by far.  I do not see that changing over the course of a week or two. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

Congrats to the Astros--now they will probably go & get smashed by Kansas City.

I do not think they will win the series but I do not think they will be embarresed either.  Not when you have those two pitchers they have.  I wonder if Miller the reliever was only on a one year contract for the Yankees?  I would like to see their UFA list. 

Tonight's game looks to be a low scoring slugfest, which probably means the score will end up being 10 to 9...

Cubs are favored and the O/U is 5.5.  So they do not expect a high scoring game.  I am hoping Jake shuts them down.  The Cubs have been on fire.  To me Madden is NL manager of the year hands down.   Mets guy second.  Go Cubbies!!!

It's going to be interesting to see who wins AL Manager of the Year--a lot of great candidates for that award & maybe I'm a little biased, but--as far as NL Manager of the Year--who's better than Terry Collins?

Joe Maddon? Terry Collins does have the advantage of being in the New York media market.

Welcome to the playoffs, New York Yan...whoops, they're gone already!

The one-game Wild Card is as useless as the NCAA basketball play-in game. Another one of Bud's Boners.

It's going to happen tonight, too...one of two very good teams is going to get wiped out in one game.

Shorten the season to 154 games. Get rid of interleague play. Make the WC round Best-of-three, or go back to just one wild card team.

And deal once and for all with the DH, pro or con, making it uniform across the leagues.