Such a shame

andrew r

The Black crowes have called it a day citing ongoing friction between the brothers Robinson

The final straw being the attempt by one of them to put Steve Gorman on "wages" rather

than a share! Such a shame Live at the Greek being one of the few times the Zep back catalogue

was done justice live. Gorman in particular driving it along as Bonham used to.

Regardless of the missing "S" in the topic title, I will agree that the drummer for the Black Crowes and Jimmy Page did a better "job" or performance than Michael Lee did for the Page and Plant gigs. I saw Page and Plant on both of Their tours in 1995 and 1998. I cannot recall exact dates but I can recall exact cities: Saint Louis, Kansas City and Memphis. Michael Lee was a decent foil for Page/Plant but a little to flashy, kinda like Keith Moon in that Keith Moon style of playing and seemingly opposite of the John Henry Bonham style and technique.

As for Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes, I saw them only once in Tinley Park, Illinois. Me and a friend had tickets to see them in Cleveland, Ohio (during the 2000 Led Zeppelin Convention we attended), but the concert was cancelled due to a supposed injury to Jimmy Page's back.

If anyone who reads this and cares to make a decision, watch and listen to these and judge "For Your Life":

http://youtu.be/nKF8lUOKGno

and/or:

Edited to add: At the time of My reply/post there was a missing "S" at the beginning of this topic. The topic title started out at as "uch a shame". Kudos to the administration for correcting the title as was requested.

Sorry about that wasn't sure as it contained a Jimmy Page reference

and it was a "news" item and Page performed Zeppelin songs with them

i figured it fitted. Mods feel free to move it. Also thanks for reinstating the "S"

Idont know what happened but i couldn't reinstate it my end

The Black crowes have called it a day citing ongoing friction between the brothers Robinson

The final straw being the attempt by one of them to put Steve Gorman on "wages" rather

than a share! Such a shame Live at the Greek being one of the few times the Zep back catalogue

was done justice live. Gorman in particular driving it along as Bonham used to.

They have done this before. They always fight and make up. The Robinson brothers will be back.

Archived