Time Change

Charles J. White

I hate the time change as well, this change in the spring when we set our clocks ahead one hour is the worst, takes me a good week or so to get back swinging. It really is a stupid thing that screws alot of people up. Just leave it alone and life will carry on just fine.

My trouble is when they go back in the Autumn. It messes up my body clock and end up by January having totally reversed sleep, up all night, sleep all day. This is has been the first year in several decades I managed to keep it under reasonable control, Though I'm finding it hard to get to sleep before 3.00 AM most nights. Thank god for smart phones, ear plugs and Led Zeppelin, I just plug in and lay there for several hours. When the clocks go forward again, it is like a miracle and I will go back into normal sleep pattern within a week.

If they could leave it at Daylight Savings, that would be great. Love the longer evenings.

A few states don't do the time change at all, so for those who don't want to change, you could always look at them. Arizona is one, I know that, and I think there may be one other one.

Archived