What (Non-Led Zeppelin) Live Show or Song Are You Listening To At This Moment?

Comes a little late BUT the Hendrix family release did a disservice to the 10/11 2nd show by taking the slightly out of tune organ down in the mix. Bloody amazing the whole gig as is the afternoon show Are You Experienced jam with the flute. No one then and after (in rock) could step up and do an impromptu jam like that and deliver the goods.

Been more than 10 years since I gave the bootlegs a proper listen. Funny how I still started to remember the licks etc.

37 minutes ago, JMH said:

Comes a little late BUT the Hendrix family release did a disservice to the 10/11 2nd show by taking the slightly out of tune organ down in the mix. Bloody amazing the whole gig as is the afternoon show Are You Experienced jam with the flute. No one then and after (in rock) could step up and do an impromptu jam like that and deliver the goods.

Been more than 10 years since I gave the bootlegs a proper listen. Funny how I still started to remember the licks etc.

The Winterland run deserves a documentary of it's own, and maybe not from the brain trust at Experience Hendrix. "Hear My Train A Comin'" from Concerts was one of the first songs to guide me beyond the hits.

OT: hear my train a comin’ could be my all time Hendrix live favourite. The Berkeley 1st show version being the best (found on Blues and on good quality bootlegs)

edit: pre ordered the LA 69 show. Let us see what they’ve done with that as I’ve had the show for 20 years or so. In general Hendrix family ”bootleg releases” have been quite truthful to the source. Oakland is a great example, ace!

Edited by JMH

• 2 weeks later...